Fadz - A Season Too Far? (1 Viewer)

procdoc

To me he’s starting to look every bit of his 36 years. Maybe it’s time to faze him out of the starting lineup?
Is this a season too far for a player who’s been an absolute warrior for us or am I being harsh?

SBT

He’s definitely on a downward trajectory, but in the past when we’ve tried to phase him out we end up haemorrhaging goals. His shortcomings are becoming more obvious but he still does some important things better than any other CB at the club. I don’t think Robins is going to drop him long-term unless things get a lot worse.

Evo1883

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp

It can't be happening

slowpoke

He’s good with the ball and defends well but his lack of pace I believe makes our defence defend deeper to cover which invites opposition to come forward.
Kitching looked to me he’d be okay in the centre of three at the back or a centre-half in a back four.
Just a bloody shame he is 36and not 26.

PVA

He was brilliant earlier in the season, think it was against Sunderland in particular.

But he's starting to show his age at times and his lack of pace is becoming a problem.

Luton’s goal at Wembley a prime example where he just got made to look very average.

I think it's probably worth trying someone else there soon. If it doesn't work then he just comes back in on the back of a rest with fresher legs.

Martin180

Wonder if we are still in for Brekalo?
He plays centrally and is a big aggressive unit . Wouldn't mind seeing Kitching or Binks centrally when Fadz is rested

duffer

I wouldn't write Fadz off just yet, but he's obviously not going to be around forever.

On form he's still our most dominant centre-half, imho, but he needs a bit of help from everyone else too, including the midfield in front of him!

Bertola

It's reminding me of the first season in L1, where Doyle was a regular due to his leadership, but was moved on in January.

Could history be repeating itself with Fadz?

AOM

I'd be hesitant to drop McFadzean as he seems to be a big character and voice in a team that currently looks to be quite timid and quiet.
Every season I've expected his age to finally catch up with him and he's improved year after year, but maybe he could do with resting.
Kitching does look like a good replacement in the central position as well

nicksar

I said over a month ago I thought McFadzean had lost his pace...sad but true, perhaps time to give him a rest and try the younger C.B.s in a combination.

Hertsccfc

I said over a month ago I thought McFadzean had lost his pace...sad but true, perhaps time to give him a rest and try the younger C.B.s in a combination.
He lost his pace years ago and not sure he ever had much. He's been their for his strength in the air, his anticipation and most of all the way he organises the defence and guides the younger players.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I can see Kitching steadily taking over from him over he next few months. part of me would love to see Brekalo come in, but given how we're playing right now my slim hopes of that are rapidly becoming non-existent.

Last edited:

BlueSkiesForever

I agree about Brekalo, granted it’s just pure gut instinct but I think he looks like the real deal. He can carry the ball well for a defender and seems like a genuine, loyal asset to his current team, exactly the sort of qualities we need in our team right now. I think Fadz needs to be gradually phased out now, bring Kitching in and start Thomas and Binks alongside him. Maybe try Lati alongside Sheaf for a bit to allow Sheaf to move forwards more?

Come January imagine if we bought a quality defensive midfielder, maybe also a Mavididi-type player and then signed Brekalo, I think our game would improve drastically. Can’t wait for the transfer rumour machine to start up again 🤭

Users who are viewing this thread