Facebook and Godden (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

About a three week recovery unless it’s burst that can be a bit longer to recover from
Mine burst as a teenager and it was a 3 month recovery period. It’s more likely to be 5/6 weeks.

steve cooper

Love the optimism but losing your top and in form striker a couple of days after loaning out another striker is rarely what we need. But hey let's hope others step up as you say.
It is what it is. As Brightonskyblue says we need a loan, whether we can bring one in good enough is another matter. I'm not ready to write our season off, even though it is a major blow, just have to see what we can do.

slowpoke

What about Tavares ? replacing Walker as fourth choice striker I know he’s not been tried and tested yet but Walker hardly played other than ten minutes, ten minutes there & Taveres is proving he knows where the back of the net is give him a go, I remember us hanging back with Callum Wilson and look what that produced when he got his chance.

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

SBT

Will have to be Tavares, bring him on when the opposition are tiring and hope he steps up to the plate.
Does And if need be like to see Tavares and or Bapaga get a few mins.
Time to give Tavares a chance of some game time

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
What about Tavares ? replacing Walker as fourth choice striker I know he’s not been tried and tested yet but Walker hardly played other than ten minutes, ten minutes there & Taveres is proving he knows where the back of the net is give him a go, I remember us hanging back with Callum Wilson and look what that produced when he got his chance.

THE HYPE TRAIN IS READY TO DEPART

giphy.gif

The Philosopher

Left field post:

Was there more to the BCD fixture against Solihull B than the fact they were local and we wanted to get some minutes into the fringe players?

Did Mark & Ady want to look at one of their players?

The only player is thr 6’10” 21 y.o. that was being scouted by Celtic, Man City etc. (allegedly - maybe agent talk) who did well last season but can’t seem to get in their first team this year.

I’m not advocating anything - just wondering “why Solihull B”?

Again not advocating signing a non/ league B team player to replace MG, but thinking the u23s might have gaps with Walker gone, MG out and the need to perhaps have FT on the fringe of the 1st team.

mark82

One of those things. Keyhole surgery so hopefully only a few weeks. We'll get by but feel for Matty as about the first time since he's been with us he's been playing without injury.

slowpoke

I think in time gone by they just whipped the appendix out but nowadays they try to sort it and keep them and not operate.

SlowerThanPlatt

Left field post:

Was there more to the BCD fixture against Solihull B than the fact they were local and we wanted to get some minutes into the fringe players?

Did Mark & Ady want to look at one of their players?

The only player is thr 6’10” 21 y.o. that was being scouted by Celtic, Man City etc. (allegedly - maybe agent talk) who did well last season but can’t seem to get in their first team this year.

I’m not advocating anything - just wondering “why Solihull B”?

Again not advocating signing a non/ league B team player to replace MG, but thinking the u23s might have gaps with Walker gone, MG out and the need to perhaps have FT on the fringe of the 1st team.

It was against Solihull U19s. No first team players played

JulianDarbyFTW

He's had no luck the past season and a half. Plays himself into form, and then he's out again.

We're almost forced to play one up top now, given that we have no other strikers on the bench if we play the two of them. Not forgetting Waghorn is nowhere near match fit, too. Hopefully Vik regains his midas touch and all is well, but there's certainly a chance that Godden missing the next few weeks will define our season.

slowpoke

I’m not sure Robins will start two up front anyway so Vik for Godden is the obvious change, not too bothered about that Gyo looked pretty sharp against Posh. Waghorn likely to be on the bench so Godden obviously a miss but we are covered.

Hertsccfc

He's had no luck the past season and a half. Plays himself into form, and then he's out again.

We're almost forced to play one up top now, given that we have no other strikers on the bench if we play the two of them. Not forgetting Waghorn is nowhere near match fit, too. Hopefully Vik regains his midas touch and all is well, but there's certainly a chance that Godden missing the next few weeks will define our season.
It's very difficult to see where the goals will come from unless Gyokeres rediscovers his early season form. The Walker loan looked sensible until this news.

rob9872

After the released and loaned players, with some out injured or unavailable for whatever reason, what does our senior squad look like now in terms of Saturdays bench?

Grendel

After the released and loaned players, with some out injured or unavailable for whatever reason, what does our senior squad look like now in terms of Saturdays bench?

No worries Tavares is available

Hertsccfc

Something like

Wilson, Shipley, Fadz, Jones, Eccles, Waghorn, Tavares?

rob9872

Actually thinking about it not too bad, assuming it's Bidwell for Shippers, Gyokeres for Godden, I assume our bench is Moore, Fadz, Kelly, Eccles, Jones, Waghorn +1

rob9872

Something like

Wilson, Shipley, Fadz, Jones, Eccles, Waghorn, Tavares?
Beat me to it. Yep if Shippers still here imagine he'll fill the other slot.

rob9872

Squad still feels a bit thin now with a lot of games in Feb for injuries, loss of form or suspensions. I know he wants more quality but I think we might need some short term cover simply to increase numbers.

Hertsccfc

Anyone pretending this isn't pretty disasterous for us is kidding themselves. He's scored close to half our goals in our last 10 games. Even if he's back in a month he'll miss 8 games, 12 if it's 6 weeks.
Sadly I agree. Before this I thought there was a reasonable chance of a play off place especially if Gyokeres returned to form too. But now I am far from confident. It is a massive blow especially with so many games coming up.

skyblue025

It's a blow for sure. Of our current 3 strikers one hasn't scored for 3 months, one hasn't played for 3 months and the other has never played for us. Over to you Vik and let's hope none of those gets injured.

Users who are viewing this thread