Fabio Tavares Signs New Deal (1 Viewer)

fatso

Does this mean that Walker is now officially 5th choice striker for a team that often plays 1 up front?

larry_david

If anyone watched the forest game it was clear we were picking him out every time we had the ball. The players looked like they now trust him and this deal suggests the staff do too.

Imagine a loan to a league 1-2 club is now on and if he bangs in 15-20 whilst bulking up, oh boy!

mmttww

How this can be spun as a bad thing when he'll be on f*ck all wages wise for this league is beyond me. People need a hobby, or a beer, or both.

fatso

How this can be spun as a bad thing when he'll be on f*ck all wages wise for this league is beyond me. People need a hobby, or a beer, or both.
It's hot and people just want to moan.

The lads done well and gives us the option of pace and movement. I think he will do well playing of One or both of our bigger strikers. And a bit of pace off the bench when the opposition are knackered is always a good option.

long way home

He has been with the squad so evaluating him is easy in the group. If he looks sound and can handle the physical side on a daily basis then let him loose. I think he will be fun to watch and if he gets confident, we have got a player that other teams will not want to see running into space or in and around the box.

I think this will prove to be a smart move by the club.

Last edited:

Hobo

Another player contracted for a long period despite not knowing if he's good enough for this level

Depends on the detail in the contract. But I am sure the people who see him and work with him everyday are sure his attitude is right.

He looks raw and I dont think he was ready to start games last year and maybe won't be for sometime yet. But I think he has the ability to make it. Probably at this level but certainly League 1. There may come a time he wants out just for first team football if he is ambitious. So contract length might not be a problem.

Last edited:

PVA

I expected a new contract and a loan for him this season.

I guess it depends on Walker. If we flog him to make room in the budget then Tavares stays as the 4th striker-late sub option.

But yes a loan would definitely be good for him.

Irish Sky Blue

The brief clips I have seen of him in pre-season he has looked good. He might be further up the pecking order than 5th place striker. At 22(?) he should be pushing for a first team place here so maybe no loan required.

Users who are viewing this thread