FA cups (1 Viewer)

MalcSB

No, not that one. I mean the fucking awful cups at the CBS Arena.
Is serving beer in paper cups ever acceptable? Personally I think they are awful, and are they even legal? i Can’t see any graduation to show where the pint measure is: I certainly can’t see how full the cup is.

SBbucks

Is serving beer in paper cups ever acceptable? Personally I think they are awful, and are they even legal? i Can’t see any graduation to show where the pint measure is: I certainly can’t see how full the cup is.

It shows how much the club has improved recently if this is the most important thing left to complain about.

Astute

Plastic is being phased out everywhere. And football supporters can't be trusted with glass....

My pet hate is paper straws. They don't do their job properly whereas if you hold a paper cup nearer to the bottom it does its job.

MalcSB

To a certain extent, the thread was intended to be a bit of a tongue in cheek response to all the positivity. However, I have heard quite a number of people complaining about the paper cups at the bars in the concourse.

Whilst I accept that plastic is being phased out, the reusable plastic cups were fine. I suspect that too many of them were thrown in the rubbish bags rather than the collection bins, whether this reflects the common sense of the average football supporter or the inadequate provision and location of said bins I’m not sure.

I have never had a problem with paper straws. I just hate drinking from the paper cups, clearly it doesn’t bother others. I’m not that bothered about safe standing and queues don’t affect me because I get to the stadium in plenty of time.

edgy

We started the season with plastic "re-usable" ones didn't we and they have now been replaced with the CCFC branded paper ones.

I spoke to one of the bar staff last game to ask why the change. He said because too many people were simply binning the plastic ones and not putting them in the correct recycle bins. So essentially costing too much to replace and not environmentally efficient.

So in a nutshell, we had it and fucked it up.

Mcbean

At the Rugby you pay £1 for a cup on top of your pint - you get it back when you return the cup - no messing - the kids pickup the lazy arse ones and get a quid back - it’s as tidy as hell - it needs to happen !

Brylowes

May Your Paper FA Cup Runneth Over!,

MalcSB

We started the season with plastic "re-usable" ones didn't we and they have now been replaced with the CCFC branded paper ones.

I spoke to one of the bar staff last game to ask why the change. He said because too many people were simply binning the plastic ones and not putting them in the correct recycle bins. So essentially costing too much to replace and not environmentally efficient.

Just as I thought. They could have helped by having more of the correct bins about, but too many people couldn’t be arsed, or were too thick, to do what was intended.

MalcSB

Are they CCFC branded? I thought they were CBS Arena branded.

Users who are viewing this thread