Fa cup tickets (7 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I think the approach is still more or less correct, even if they have got the break down of numbers a bit wrong. Why should the chap in Iceland who puts into the club lose out to the wife of a season ticket holder who thinks Chris Kirkland still plays in goal? I think most of us are aligned on this.

I just had a look at available seats and I reckon there's somewhere between 6 and 8 thousand tickets left. By the time the next round opens that will probably be down to about 5 thousand. After the next round has been open a day I suspect it will be half of that left, or less. I think we will sell them, and if not just change the allocation for members to buy an additional ticket (as long as you've given those with an account a few days to get as close to sell out as possible) and it will sell the remaining in about an hour.

Don't think anyone needs to get downhearted by this. I believe we will be fine. I also think our end will be as full of genuine CCFC as possible, which is great.

warwickskyblue

Problem with a 2 tickets per ST holder over a threshold is then you got non ST holders having a better chance of getting better seats than ST holders. How about two ST phases first if you only want one per ST holder and then a second phase where ST holders who haven’t purchased can buy 2. That way if you want to take the casual friend of family member along you can and you can guarantee you sit next to them but you don’t get your first dibs on the seats. Still not ideal but a different method.

David O'Day

Problem with a 2 tickets per ST holder over a threshold is then you got non ST holders having a better chance of getting better seats than ST holders. How about two ST phases first if you only want one per ST holder and then a second phase where ST holders who haven’t purchased can buy 2. That way if you want to take the casual friend of family member along you can and you can guarantee you sit next to them but you don’t get your first dibs on the seats. Still not ideal but a different method.
This is the major problem. If you say give over 1200 or over 1000 2 tickets you get someone with say 800 points having a worse seat than some who is just a mate of someone with more points.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

jordan210

The ticket site has been playing up. lots of times it's been saying cant select seats with a gap. yet all the others are taken

Hobo

Tbf if my mrs who pretends to like football once every 2 years just when Southgate decides to drop a bollock wanted to come to Wembley for this I’d tell her to swivel.

Likewise with City fans who won't go if they aren't sat next to a mate! Jesus, you can travel together, separation anxiety over 90 mins? I have been on long away trips mid week on my own. Do you want to be there or not?

I think a few know they can't just, flounce off for an early bath if the going gets tough?

Anyway PUSB

Mucca Mad Boys

Think this is the nail on the head.

Which makes sense of course. However, you then cant just go 'ah anyone with an account below 50 points then' because however many thousands that may be, there's a reason they haven't gone for ages and you cannot assume they'll be going to this

They should have said 2 per ST holder above 800 points personally.

Then 50points and above

Then general sale of the remaining 1500 or so

But hindsight is a wonderful thing
That’s unfair though, why should STHs be treated differently?

The points system is a means to prioritise fans access to limited demand tickets. This is fair and rewards loyalty. It’s not a system to give STHs undue privileges.

If the allocation was 18,000 (for arguments sake) then it’s absolutely fair to bring the points system in.

You either have every STH get ‘x’ number of tickets or one per STH.

Saddlebrains

That’s unfair though, why should STHs be treated differently?

The points system is a means to prioritise fans access to limited demand tickets. This is fair and rewards loyalty. It’s not a system to give STHs undue privileges.

If the allocation was 18,000 (for arguments sake) then it’s absolutely fair to bring the points system in.

You either have every STH get ‘x’ number of tickets or one per STH.

What do you suggest we do if we're left with say 6k tickets, but dont want general sale to stop mancs in our end?

Mucca Mad Boys

What do you suggest we do if we're left with say 6k tickets, but dont want general sale to stop mancs in our end?

I agree with the club’s policy. At a push, perhaps another window for STHs to buy another ticket on their account - but who’s to say that isn’t going to be for all the day trippers/undercover Mancs?

There’s not a general sale, it’s limited to people with purchase history. I could get a ticket in my sister’s name next week and she’s never been to a game.

Any Man U fans who have purchase history with Cov can buy ticket next week. We all know some.

higgs

They should let older lads with ticket stubs present to the ticket office and get a ticket for Wembley lads that aren't on line

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Cov kid 55

Second that @Cov kid 55. I live in Iceland and try to travel to at least one game every season with family and friends. I was at the CBS last Saturday, belting out WLADITT from the North Stand. I've been to all the games at Wembley in recent years - but I have also been to some drab games at Highfield Road, seen a dreadful 0-0 with Accrington Stanley at St. Andrews, took my wife to a 1-0 win against Walsall after we were relegated to L2 and saw us stuff Derby 6-2. I spend the annual 150ish pounds on Ifollow, buy the jerseys for me and the kids and know all the words to all the chants.

And I also wholeheartedly agree that STH should have first dibs on tickets. But some of us 50 pointers are NOT randomers who rock up to the occasional game. IMO the club got their maths absolutely right.
Yep, respect to you.

Legia Sky Blue

Is General Sale still one ticket per person (with account history)? Not sure if it is the case but I would have thought it logical at that point for season ticket holders and those with tickets purchased through points history to be allowed to buy at least 1 extra ticket each?

SBbucks

Is General Sale still one ticket per person (with account history)? Not sure if it is the case but I would have thought it logical at that point for season ticket holders and those with tickets purchased through points history to be allowed to buy at least 1 extra ticket each?

Yes, those with less than 50 points and previous purchase history can buy one ticket per membership number from Thursday - nothing has changed since the original announcement. The only significant change is the club (on twitter) have said it will not go to general sale. No sign yet that they are going to do what you suggest; it looks like they would rather leave any remaining tickets unsold.

Sbarcher

I agree with the club’s policy. At a push, perhaps another window for STHs to buy another ticket on their account - but who’s to say that isn’t going to be for all the day trippers/undercover Mancs?

There’s not a general sale, it’s limited to people with purchase history. I could get a ticket in my sister’s name next week and she’s never been to a game.

Any Man U fans who have purchase history with Cov can buy ticket next week. We all know some.
Not so. Account cut off date was mid March.

Mucca Mad Boys

Not so. Account cut off date was mid March.
Not so?

To be specific, I mean people who have been to Cov games previously who are Man U fans - probably local to Coventry.

We all know people who don’t support Cov but have been to games and will eligible to buy a ticket.

Pusb1

only 25,000 tickets sold and our allocation increased by 2k to 36,000

we aren’t selling out are we😬😬 what a mess

Users who are viewing this thread