Fa cup tickets (8 Viewers)

Sbarcher

Club can't win here. Before the announced the ticketing arrangements people were losing their minds at the thought of some season ticket holders, or all season ticket holders, being offered more than one ticket. Now people are having a go that season ticket holders weren't allowed to buy more!

Not sure what system you use other than the points system, which has been in place for years now, to ensure tickets go to our fans and not Man Utd supporters. There would be uproar if there was hundreds, if not thousands, of Man Utd fans in our end. If people haven't bothered to allocate tickets properly or decided to keep all the points on their account so they can get away tickets not sure there's really much the club can do about that. Obviously its not good if genuine fans that want to go miss out but its not like they sprung the points system on people just for this game.
I think the way it's gone has been pretty fair. If ST holders were allowed 2 tickets, the second one could have gone to someone with no City history or points. Think though that 50 was a bit low for the second phase. Think 200 would have been fine for 3 days then anyone else with an account after that.

GIMOC

Club can't win here. Before the announced the ticketing arrangements people were losing their minds at the thought of some season ticket holders, or all season ticket holders, being offered more than one ticket. Now people are having a go that season ticket holders weren't allowed to buy more!

Not sure what system you use other than the points system, which has been in place for years now, to ensure tickets go to our fans and not Man Utd supporters. There would be uproar if there was hundreds, if not thousands, of Man Utd fans in our end. If people haven't bothered to allocate tickets properly or decided to keep all the points on their account so they can get away tickets not sure there's really much the club can do about that. Obviously its not good if genuine fans that want to go miss out but its not like they sprung the points system on people just for this game.

someone at the club mis evaluated the points. that is why over 8000 tickets are still available. the club thought they would have less than 2000 for final window

how the club should have broke down the windows

Day 1
10am
1200+ first window. 2 per ST
12pm
1000 second window 1 per ST

2 days later
Next points again but without ST
Till it met 10 points threshold

Grendel

I guess the problem would have been that if it was initially 2 tickets per ST holder, some could have missed out?

As I said at the start they should have allocated two per season ticket holder at a certain points level and calculated how many that would leave for a much lower points level

ccfcricoh

the other option they had was to allow PL package holders 2 tickets.

PL package - approx 6k - 12k tickets
ST holders - approx 13k - 13k tickets

Would have left 9k tickets in total to start going to down the points totals.

Chris1987

Yeah, I guess it's a tough one isn't it. Like you say, two per ST holder means everyone else likely misses out.

I get the argument that 'should be ok as ST holders spend the most' etc but as a number of put on here, not everyone can get to every game. It looked like the fairest way of doing it so ST holders at least got their ticket and could sit with mates etc who are also ST holders.

The nirvana is somewhere between this and a free for all (slightly Captain Obvious comment).

It gives us food for thought for the allocations for the FA Cup Final :)
Just refine the system to 2 per ST holder over a predetermined points threshold whilst simultaneously ensuring that non ST holders with a decent level of points will have an opportunity to buy at a later phase.

ertayton

Long shot -but I wonder if anyone could help me. Igo to pretty much every home game and the occasional away game when I am lucky enough to get tickets. Unfortunately for me, my Dad (STH) has bought all my tickets and we stupidly did not assign them to me. Does anyone have a spare account that they are not using that might be able to help me out ?

covcity4life

Yes I am very embarrassed. For you.

I used to be a season ticket holder, will be again in the future when my kids are a bit older, but I'm not right now, but still go to games. Is that a crime?

Honestly who gives a fuck.
Don't respond to him. He used to use the fact I had a 12 match package AGAINST me lmao

Liquid Gold

Long shot -but I wonder if anyone could help me. Igo to pretty much every home game and the occasional away game when I am lucky enough to get tickets. Unfortunately for me, my Dad (STH) has bought all my tickets and we stupidly did not assign them to me. Does anyone have a spare account that they are not using that might be able to help me out ?
I didn't even know it was possible to have a season ticket and assign multiple tickets from home games to your account. Next time there is a £5 cup offer or something rack those points up lads.

Hertsccfc

are you on drugs?

it would be very embarrassing if we didn’t sell out. plus the club would be losing out on revenue. very strange statement
Why should we be embarrassed if we don't sell out. Bigger clubs than us have not sold out for a semi final and we have had a more important match there less than a year ago.

Maybe I am just not interested in slating everything the club does as a supporter.

GIMOC

Why should we be embarrassed if we don't sell out. Bigger clubs than us have not sold out for a semi final and we have had a more important match there less than a year ago.

Maybe I am just not interested in slating everything the club does as a supporter.

really?

how simple do you want me to explain?

we had over 44k for Oxford 7 years ago.

if you for one moment believe we couldn’t sell 34k for Man Utd in the semi final of the cup you live in a different world

so are the club immune to criticism? they have massively messed up here

alexccfc99

Should just make it a free for all for season ticket holders IF there is any left after next week

Unfortunately next weeks sale I think will be full of local chancers who have a booking history with us but will buy tickets to sell to Man Utd fans at an extortionate price

covcity4life

Anybody seen "client quota exceeded" when trying to assign them to network?
Are you logged in from diff account?

This is ammo for more jokes but I was logged in as my......cousin.

..to increase his chances of getting a ticket yday if there was a queue. When he tried to buy got that error. I had to log out in end and then his basket worked.

Liquid Gold

Should just make it a free for all for season ticket holders IF there is any left after next week

Unfortunately next weeks sale I think will be full of local chancers who have a booking history with us but will buy tickets to sell to Man Utd fans at an extortionate price
If it's true that they didn't sell out last season are they likely to this year and then there is no worry about them buying our tickets and they can just go on sale.

Skyblueweeman

Well many say what they have. Let’s be honest if someone has only got 50 they’ve hardly supported the club anyway

I’ve got 1110
There's different ways to support the club.

You can't say that those who have 50 have hardly supported the club. People can have strong affinities with the club, had previous STs in years gone by, buy merchandise etc but live on the other side of the world so can't go. It doesn't mean they've 'hardly supported the club'.

Tile Hill Phil

Anyone who has pooled together will have done so by now, after the Purchase History sale you'll be looking at people who are not on the system; family members, day trippers or plastic Manc mates. I don't mind sitting on my own but if I say to my wife or workmate, I can get you a ticket but you'll be on your own, it's not happening!
I don’t get this not wanting to sit on your own. You can travel down with them have a beer before and meet up after the game. Personally I wouldn’t mind sitting on my own if I had to. You get chatting to people around you and we’re all rooting for the same outcome. Understand women and kids probably wouldn’t like it on their own but a man watching the game I think would be ok for 90 minutes

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Not easy for the ticket/commercial team, dammed if you give too many to ST's, dammed if you don't give the chance for those who have built up some points for games and dammed for those that haven't allocated to people who they have purchased for or those paying cash on the gate.
The real issue is seating and they did learn from that allowing us all to check our accounts, link together and buy for up to 12 in one go, more than previously allowed for play off final, the downside is the 1 ticket allocation limiting that seating for more regular fans than the less regular fans an that they will have to be apart in the stadium.

skyblueflood

I gave up fretting over points for Wembley last year and go Club Wembley, doesn’t match the atmosphere of the checkatrade or league two playoff finals but at least you’re there, took a friend last May and taking my old man this time round. Happily use my points to buy another ticket if a fan really needs an extra but with no guarantee where it will be not sure what use that is.

I offer to buy my nephew in cov a season ticket every year as I live in London now but he’d rather support Chelsea 🤷🏻‍♂️
I've DM'ed you mate.

PVA

Not easy for the ticket/commercial team, dammed if you give too many to ST's, dammed if you don't give the chance for those who have built up some points for games and dammed for those that haven't allocated to people who they have purchased for or those paying cash on the gate.

This is it really, you’re never going to please everyone and there’s always going to be people complaining the system isn’t fair no matter what.

ST holders should obviously be guaranteed a ticket, that’s a given. After that it doesn’t really matter how you do it – either the demand is there or it isn’t.

I think it will sell out at the next phase, but if it doesn’t then so be it. Someone who’s last 3 games attended are the 3 Wembley appearances getting a ticket is better than an empty seat which is better than a Man U fan getting a ticket in our end.

Users who are viewing this thread