Fa cup tickets (9 Viewers)

skybluecam

From what I've been told it is a fuck up. Certain staff member trying to be clever based on the database.

But it just shows that the club havent actually got a grasp on how many 'real fans' we have and not just people who went once.

Expect it to go to another round of St Holders over a certain amount of points
2nd round for ST holders would be interesting because surely anyone who wants to go will have bought already? And it's unlikely they will be able to buy next to their existing ticket.

Sick Boy

From what I've been told it is a fuck up. Certain staff member trying to be clever based on the database.

But it just shows that the club havent actually got a grasp on how many 'real fans' we have and not just people who went once.

Expect it to go to another round of St Holders over a certain amount of points
I guess the problem would have been that if it was initially 2 tickets per ST holder, some could have missed out?

McLovin87

It would be pretty embarrassing to take 43k to the Checkatrade but not sell 34k for an FA Cup SF.

I've had so many people contact me for tickets that I thought it would sell out instantly after this round but I guess not.
The tickets were cheap as fuck for the Checkatrade and it was 6 per ST, also we hadn't been to Wembley for a while. Weirdly I've not had anyone chasing me for tickets but last year they were flying out of the woodwork!

Maybe it's a mixture of the Sunday KO, cost of living crisis or Train Strikes that might be putting people off, maybe an FA Cup semi- final just doesn't have quite the draw of the Premier League Play Off!

Skyblueweeman

I guess the problem would have been that if it was initially 2 tickets per ST holder, some could have missed out?
Yeah, I guess it's a tough one isn't it. Like you say, two per ST holder means everyone else likely misses out.

I get the argument that 'should be ok as ST holders spend the most' etc but as a number of put on here, not everyone can get to every game. It looked like the fairest way of doing it so ST holders at least got their ticket and could sit with mates etc who are also ST holders.

The nirvana is somewhere between this and a free for all (slightly Captain Obvious comment).

It gives us food for thought for the allocations for the FA Cup Final :)

skybluecam

Yeah, I guess it's a tough one isn't it. Like you say, two per ST holder means everyone else likely misses out.

I get the argument that 'should be ok as ST holders spend the most' etc but as a number of put on here, not everyone can get to every game. It looked like the fairest way of doing it so ST holders at least got their ticket and could sit with mates etc who are also ST holders.

The nirvana is somewhere between this and a free for all (slightly Captain Obvious comment).

It gives us food for thought for the allocations for the FA Cup Final :)
Think the issue is 2 per ST holder, 19k ST holders, 34k allocation = theoretical possibility some ST holders could miss out entirely. Which would be unacceptable imo.

Saddlebrains

Think this is the nail on the head.

Which makes sense of course. However, you then cant just go 'ah anyone with an account below 50 points then' because however many thousands that may be, there's a reason they haven't gone for ages and you cannot assume they'll be going to this

They should have said 2 per ST holder above 800 points personally.

Then 50points and above

Then general sale of the remaining 1500 or so

But hindsight is a wonderful thing

coop

My other lad wants 3 but has no way of getting them unless they have another round of sales to season ticket holders.

covcity4life

I had 5 plus plastic mancs asking me to get them tickets assuming I’d be able to get an extra few. I’ll happily take a few empty seats to stop that nonsense if necessary.
Ya that's the merits I mentioned. It helps against that

I guess it's just not being able to sit next to family and friends which may deter people from buying that's all.

hill83

Ya that's the merits I mentioned. It helps against that

I guess it's just not being able to sit next to family and friends which may deter people from buying that's all.
Tbf if my mrs who pretends to like football once every 2 years just when Southgate decides to drop a bollock wanted to come to Wembley for this I’d tell her to swivel.

McLovin87

Which makes sense of course. However, you then cant just go 'ah anyone with an account below 50 points then' because however many thousands that may be, there's a reason they haven't gone for ages and you cannot assume they'll be going to this

Then 50points and above

I reckon if we get to the final that will be what happens, but with a lower allocation that will add another dimension to it.

Sick Boy

Then 50points and above

Yeah that sounds fair, especially if the STs’ extra tickets had to be someone with previous purchase history. Or even those who’ve been to every home cup game could have another ticket for someone with purchase history.

McLovin87

Tbf if my mrs who pretends to like football once every 2 years just when Southgate decides to drop a bollock wanted to come to Wembley for this I’d tell her to swivel.
My Mrs is Welsh so she's happy as Wales have been "Punching" the last few years, I stayed away from her last week after the Penalty Shoot Out. I'm Irish so we're totally fucked at the minute regarding football, we're just concentrating on the Hurling until some decent young players come along but England will just nick them anyway like Rice & Grealish ;)

junglej13

I'm not sure the great surprise on sales to date. We average 25,000 this season which is immense. I'd imagine that's about the number of tickets sold. There is never a perfect way of prioritising sales for a club of our size. Crucially everyone who wants and deserves to go has got one. Demand is still there and tickets will still sell out.

shmmeee

Fairly sure I’ve got two accounts for my kids I’m not using that will have the points (the had ST last two seasons), if someone can tell me how I can find my supporter number and get logged in happy to sort two tickets for someone who doesn’t have 50pts (assuming I can get logged in and they do have the points etc)

Skyblueweeman

Fairly sure I’ve got two accounts for my kids I’m not using that will have the points (the had ST last two seasons), if someone can tell me how I can find my supporter number and get logged in happy to sort two tickets for someone who doesn’t have 50pts (assuming I can get logged in and they do have the points etc)
There'll be an email address associated to those accounts probably? Maybe contact [email protected] explaining the situation with the email address they'll most likely be linked to and they should be able to help you out.

I've had a query recently as somehow I've got two accounts and they normally get back in about 72hrs.

shmmeee

There'll be an email address associated to those accounts probably? Maybe contact [email protected] explaining the situation with the email address they'll most likely be linked to and they should be able to help you out.

I've had a query recently as somehow I've got two accounts and they normally get back in about 72hrs.

Yeah I’ve got the emails, they’re just aliases for my gmail account, I was hoping the last email they sent would have it in but not luck.

Kingokings204

It’s no surprise at all. As soon as I saw the ticket details and i instantly thought that doesn’t sound right. But what do I know so I kept my trap shut.

it should have all been over on 1 day and then from there you can distribute and sort any problems out. 2 per ST would have solved all this. Failing that 1 per ST and a points system.

the problem is now even if tickets went back on sale then everyone has made plans and you can’t sit together with the other tickets sold.

shmmeee

Yeah I’ve got the emails, they’re just aliases for my gmail account, I was hoping the last email they sent would have it in but not luck.

Ha, good old Safari password manager. Got into both accounts. Still baffled how I only have 30 more points than them despite having a ST for a year longer and having been to cup games.

So yeah I have two accounts on 810 points if anyone needs a hand getting tickets.

Skyblue_LDN

I gave up fretting over points for Wembley last year and go Club Wembley, doesn’t match the atmosphere of the checkatrade or league two playoff finals but at least you’re there, took a friend last May and taking my old man this time round. Happily use my points to buy another ticket if a fan really needs an extra but with no guarantee where it will be not sure what use that is.

I offer to buy my nephew in cov a season ticket every year as I live in London now but he’d rather support Chelsea 🤷🏻‍♂️

skyblueflood

Hello,

Long shot but I'm looking for someone with a 50+ account who isn't planning on going down for the day so that I can link to my account. My mate moved away and doesn't have enough points to buy. I'd be very grateful. Dm me please.

MTK

From a few people I know, there are people who want tickets but couldn’t buy or haven’t bought yet. Reasons including not having 50 points, not having 50 points because they POTG or get tickets bought for them and never bothered about getting the points assigned, they are waiting to buy seats together with their kids, or someone who doesn’t have 50 points.

I think they should bring forward the last phase if they can see that traffic on the site today is minimal. They could always give a few hours notice for any last 50 pointers who haven’t got around to buying.

Pusb1

It’s no surprise at all. As soon as I saw the ticket details and i instantly thought that doesn’t sound right. But what do I know so I kept my trap shut.

it should have all been over on 1 day and then from there you can distribute and sort any problems out. 2 per ST would have solved all this. Failing that 1 per ST and a points system.

the problem is now even if tickets went back on sale then everyone has made plans and you can’t sit together with the other tickets sold.
That's it. I have other tickets i would have bought if i could. Those people could now not sit next to us as we were in the first priority bracket - and unlikely they'll now come

MTK

2nd round for ST holders would be interesting because surely anyone who wants to go will have bought already? And it's unlikely they will be able to buy next to their existing ticket.
There are two people my friend and I would buy for who go sometimes but have never bothered with a counts. They’d be happy sitting wherever we could get tickets for then

skyblueflood

Ha, good old Safari password manager. Got into both accounts. Still baffled how I only have 30 more points than them despite having a ST for a year longer and having been to cup games.

So yeah I have two accounts on 810 points if anyone needs a hand getting tickets.
I've DMed you pal

chiefdave

Club can't win here. Before the announced the ticketing arrangements people were losing their minds at the thought of some season ticket holders, or all season ticket holders, being offered more than one ticket. Now people are having a go that season ticket holders weren't allowed to buy more!

Not sure what system you use other than the points system, which has been in place for years now, to ensure tickets go to our fans and not Man Utd supporters. There would be uproar if there was hundreds, if not thousands, of Man Utd fans in our end. If people haven't bothered to allocate tickets properly or decided to keep all the points on their account so they can get away tickets not sure there's really much the club can do about that. Obviously its not good if genuine fans that want to go miss out but its not like they sprung the points system on people just for this game.

Liquid Gold

The issue is clearly people who take mates that are part time/only interested in going to a final. Checkatrade my brother took his missus and a couple mates for instance. They not big Cov fans apart from having to deal with us going on about it all the time but they come and support the club for the final and have the day out.

The issue now is that the number of season ticket holders doesn't allow for the me and a mate factor without meaning proper fans without a ST miss out. I'd be furious as a non STH this year to miss out to someone like this even though I have 1,000 points because 19k STHs had a plus 1.

But then you do it like this and you take away the going for the day factor because nobody wants to go for the day out and sit on their own while the STH will buy early as they don't want to miss out.

Somebody at the club has definitely overestimated the database. A mate of mine probably has 10 accounts as he's shite with anything technical so just sets up a new one whenever he wants a ticket.

CCFCSteve

Club can't win here. Before the announced the ticketing arrangements people were losing their minds at the thought of some season ticket holders, or all season ticket holders, being offered more than one ticket. Now people are having a go that season ticket holders weren't allowed to buy more!

Not sure what system you use other than the points system, which has been in place for years now, to ensure tickets go to our fans and not Man Utd supporters. There would be uproar if there was hundreds, if not thousands, of Man Utd fans in our end. If people haven't bothered to allocate tickets properly or decided to keep all the points on their account so they can get away tickets not sure there's really much the club can do about that. Obviously its not good if genuine fans that want to go miss out but its not like they sprung the points system on people just for this game.

Agree with this. Easy for complaints with hindsight but the allocation just didn’t stack up for 2 per ST (I don’t think this is fair anyway as there’s plenty of proper fans without STs). Id still but surprised if we didn’t sell out. If people want to go they’ll either have an account or know someone who has. As has been mentioned allowing ST holders to buy more could be another route for fans to get a ticket

Agree with the comments that the club should’ve just had three days per new allocation window though.

Users who are viewing this thread