FA cup third round draw (1 Viewer)

Mucca Mad Boys

More like lucky you. Most of us older ones took top flight for granted. It is harder for us to see what has happened to our club :(

I disagree, you's (term to all the older ones) have got to see a wealth of talent over the 34 years we were in the 'top flight', seeing some of our great triumphs, whereas I have, bar cup games (as I have seen Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea and hopefully Spurs x2), seen us get battered in the Championship and I fact my 'generation' would've took the Championship for granted! Also, some of you older lot would've seen the greatest moment in our history, the FA Cup final, me? wasn't even born!

I also, haven't seen a CCFC v Villa game! That's why I don't have much hatred towards them, in fact I actually admired them under O'Neill because they had a lot of young English talent and challenging the top 4 who have a ridiculous amount of foreign players. *lynch mob about to chase me* ;)

On a serios note, best CCFC player I have seen? Probably Warnock, or Henderson, that's sad! ... Whereas you's would've seen the likes of Chippo, Keano, Oggy, Kirkland, Glazier, Gynn, Speedie, Gibbo, Jimmy Hill (as manager) and all the great names I have missed out. I have known nothing but failure for CCFC.

Best team man for man I have seen? Probably Coleman's. SIDENOTE: looking back, we had a really good team and we really underachieved!

So no, you're the lucky ones!

Last edited:

Grendel

Best team man for man I have seen? Probably Coleman's. SIDENOTE: looking back, we had a really good team and we really underachieved!

So no, you're the lucky ones!

Oh dear. I see what you mean -- you do have my sympathy.

Marty

If it was on BBC, then we would have had a chance. ITV only show the top teams.

The games will be west ham - man u. Arsenal - Swansea. And probably, Brighton - newcastle for the upset.

Steve.B50

Great draw, will bet stuffed but still a smashing Saturday out on London. We will make around £500k from this and more if on tv, maybe enough to sign McGoldrick lol
If we took 8,000 on a mid week to Arsenal, we will take 10,000 to Spurs on a Saturday, away games are much better than home.
We are never going to win the cup so lets just go out with a bang and aim for the League.

LloydB

50 years ago, as a Third Division club, we won in the fourth round at White Hart Lane. Mind you we were playing Portsmouth.

loughtonspurz

Great draw, will bet stuffed but still a smashing Saturday out on London. We will make around £500k from this and more if on tv, maybe enough to sign McGoldrick lol
If we took 8,000 on a mid week to Arsenal, we will take 10,000 to Spurs on a Saturday, away games are much better than home.
We are never going to win the cup so lets just go out with a bang and aim for the League.

You will find that your figures are way off regarding gate receipts and Coventry's away allocation for tickets at WHL, Coventry will be lucky to get much more than £200k in gate receipts due to the low prices that Spurs will charge in comparison to their Premier League games, and Coventry wont be allocated any more than 5,000 away tickets at WHL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread