FA Cup Second Round Draw (1 Viewer)

Legia Sky Blue

Don't really get the 'shit draw' comments - it is the 2nd round of the FA Cup so I don't know what people expect. If it turns out to be Ipswich we play then that's 2 of the 4 biggest clubs playing each other, with both also being previous cup winners. At least we won't be getting knocked out by a non league team!!

fernandopartridge

Don't really get the 'shit draw' comments - it is the 2nd round of the FA Cup so I don't know what people expect. If it turns out to be Ipswich we play then that's 2 of the 4 biggest clubs playing each other, with both also being previous cup winners. At least we won't be getting knocked out by a non league team!!

It's a personal thing, I'd prefer to play somebody we've never played before and local to me ideally. Not really about Ipswich

letsallsingtogether

random he finds his way there but can’t to Birmingham
Why is that random.
People need to make up their minds either we have the right to choose or those not going are wankers killing the club.
I know where you stand.

DannyThomas_1981

Anyone got any special memories of Ipswich games if we play them? I remember the game at Portman Rd in the relegation season.
Sort of a must win to have a reasonable chance of not going down.
I think we'd been on a decent run as well with the arrival of Hartson.
Typically Bellamy missed a hat full that day. We lost.
And for the first time in my City supporting life I knew that our time was basically up and we were going down after that.

Never have much luck in that part of the country.
First time I went to Norwich for an FA Cup tie we drove all the way only to find that the game was off. Drove back the next week for the re-arranged game in mid-week. Good time in the pub pre-game. We didn't turn up on the pitch. Lost pathetically. Must have been around 1992?

Magwitch

My hope it will be the televised Monday night game, which atleast would put us in the hat for the third round.

Last edited:

Razzle Dazzle Dean Gordon

I just think it's a bit dull to draw a team in the same division, there's no novelty to the fixture and an increased chance of going out in a very early round.

Sky Blue Harry H

My hope it will be the televised Monday night game, which atleast would put us in the hat for the third round.

That crossed my mind. Take out the romance element of the little club, and it's easily the best tie of the round.

Sky Blue Harry H

Ipswich fielded a deliberately weakened side against Lincoln (which backfired, as they ended up getting a replay) so if they do the same again, I reckon we'll end up playing Lincoln. They are likely to bring as many as Ipswich would have, so a similar atmosphere, and whilst it is a difficult game, their first team are not as good as Ipswich's first team. Should be a good, close game. Better than having to watch us play Boreham Wood and the like at The Ricoh the other season (as Grendel alluded to)

Brighton Sky Blue

Ipswich fielded a deliberately weakened side against Lincoln (which backfired, as they ended up getting a replay) so if they do the same again, I reckon we'll end up playing Lincoln. They are likely to bring as many as Ipswich would have, so a similar atmosphere, and whilst it is a difficult game, their first team are not as good as Ipswich's first team. Should be a good, close game. Better than having to watch us play Boreham Wood and the like at The Ricoh the other season (as Grendel alluded to)

Better than a near free pass to the next round?

Nick

Administrator

It isn't really as there's more chance of losing and going out of the cup.

SkyBlueDom26

Waslall, Northampton, Solihull, Port vale.... All would have been great (Close) away days!!! Shame really that we could play one of the best teams

ccfc92

£54k for 2nd round winners, £135k for 3rd round winners.

I imagine MR will take this 2nd round tie seriously, hopefully we get a win. Shit draw though.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

4000 fans in the away end, i was saying that we'd of took lots of fans and its hardly a million miles away is it?? not sure what your trying to achieve by being a smart arse
I am not being a smart arse, I just can't see any logic in your point so therefore saw reason to question it. There is not a chance we would take 4,000. We took about 1,000 the year we played them on Boxing Day in League 2. It's an absolute dive of an area where there is about 2 pubs that they let away fans into, neither of which have I ever managed to get into because they're not very big. It is a dire away day.

SkyBlueDom26

I am not being a smart arse, I just can't see any logic in your point so therefore saw reason to question it. There is not a chance we would take 4,000. We took about 1,000 the year we played them on Boxing Day in League 2. It's an absolute dive of an area where there is about 2 pubs that they let away fans into, neither of which have I ever managed to get into because they're not very big. It is a dire away day.

Fair enough, i really wanted us to get Solihull that would have been interesting

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Can't see it. At this stage it's still the 'romance' of the cup and all the tv ties will be the smaller NL clubs and L1/L2. Although we are probably the 'best' tie of the round it's only when it's very top PL teams playing each other they show them.

Say get to R3 and the best two teams to be drawn against each other were say West Ham v Newcastle. Two big teams but not a chance they'd get the TV games.

Users who are viewing this thread