Fa Cup Draw in Coventry (2 Viewers)

HerneBayGaz

we should have the biggest away following in the cup. And a winnable one

James Smith

Thought the draw was from the Amex Stadium before the Brighton v Palace game ?

They're testing a video referee at that game tonight. The referee(s) are actually at the premier league studios near Heathrow. They can only intervene in the case of a penalty, mistaken identity, red card and goals. I do hope this is successful test.

James Smith

They weren't very impressed with the behaviour of some of our support when we went en masse a few years ago, were they? It wouldn't surprise me if they offered no more than 5 - 6000.

That would be crap.

Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Calista

Quite pleased with the draw, looking forward to a big day out with the Sky Blue Army.

And delighted with the coverage we got tonight on the TV, which probably did more to put CCFC in a good light than anything in ages. The players (current & former) acquitted themselves really well, and the manager (who still has a lot to prove) looked like a real leader. The fans in the background were in good humour, so all in all it was really great stuff.

Captain Dart

Good to see Sillett there.
..and his words were superb, you can see why he made a good manager from the way he talked up the club in the 2 or 3 mins he had available.

Captain Dart

Quite pleased with the draw, looking forward to a big day out with the Sky Blue Army.

And delighted with the coverage we got tonight on the TV, which probably did more to put CCFC in a good light than anything in ages. The players (current & former) acquitted themselves really well, and the manager (who still has a lot to prove) looked like a real leader. The fans in the background were in good humour, so all in all it was really great stuff.
Its as if the BBC have made a policy decision to feature Coventry (not just football team) heavily up to and through the 'City of culture' year. All good.

torchomatic

torchomatic

italiahorse

As a side note, Henry Winter (the times) was on Talk Sport this afternoon

Full of praise for CCFC and said this weekend put SISU in the spotlight, which is a big help to our cause

The only trouble is the whole world could know about are cause but Sisu would not be bothered so nothing would change.

pusbccfc

They weren't very impressed with the behaviour of some of our support when we went en masse a few years ago, were they? It wouldn't surprise me if they offered no more than 5 - 6000.

Possibly, but surely the extra numbers would easily make it worthwhile for them to pay for extra stewarding/police.

Nick

Administrator
As a side note, Henry Winter (the times) was on Talk Sport this afternoon

Full of praise for CCFC and said this weekend put SISU in the spotlight, which is a big help to our cause

It didn't though, if anything it took the focus off them and united the fans for a little bit. It was all about CCFC.

smileycov

Facebook User
I think draw is decent, outside an away tie at the top 6 or wolves or fester st Home that is. A chance for 6-10k following and a winnable game. Being in the 5th round would be an absolute dream and massive boost for this club, driving us forward to promotion and hopefully igniting some passion for the fans to return

Nick

Administrator
I hope MK haven’t improved since pre season when they were dire!

McNulty practising his pens.

How many of these still play?

MK Dons XI: Nicholls (GK), Williams, Ebanks-L, Walsh, Lewington (C), Pawlett, McGrandles, Cisse, Ariyibi, Seagers.

Nick

Administrator
The players seem to be quite tight nit, even during the draw McNulty was taking the piss out of the other players and you can see them having a laugh.

wingy

MK Dons XI: Nicholls (GK), Williams, Ebanks-L, Walsh, Lewington (C), Pawlett, McGrandles, Cisse, Ariyibi, Seagers.
Seagers!!
What a turncoat!! B-) ;-)
Great goalie back in the day and nearly the same name of one of my favourite performers of the 70's-80's.

ccfcchris

It wasn't the best draw but we got very sympathetic coverage by the BBC. I also thought we came across very well. Now we have the coverage it would be great if the fans get involved if only to show the huge support we can generate.
This could be our time to rise from the ashes.

Adge

Yeah me, Mark and Tynan were on about it earlier. They were moaning they could only get the dregs of society up there. ;)*

*This was a joke, just before anybody takes it literally.
Well it was mission accomplished then as Scope, Hornby and Boddy were all there!

SuperFred

Jesus is that Dean Lewington still knocking about? Seems like he's been around forever!

letsallsingtogether

Yeah me, Mark and Tynan were on about it earlier. They were moaning they could only get the dregs of society up there. ;)*

*This was a joke, just before anybody takes it literally.
John Sillett dregs shame on you even in a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread