FA CUP 4TH ROUND DRAW - MONDAY 19:50 (ish) (3 Viewers)

play_in_skyblue_stripes

Was that 1984, think it was a midweek after first being postponed to the weather, 2-1 up but lost 3-2, Gibbo got both
Yes, it was 3-2. I went by train via Leicester but no way back. Managed to get on a coach somehow.

Labour MP Eric Heffer in my train carriage. Oh yes the tram was wither 2p or 10p I seem to remember. Pretty sure Wednesday git promoted and did very well the next season.

JAM See

It's a pain in the arse to get to on the train, even with a Saturday 3.00 PM kick off (change in Brum and Derby)

If it's moved, I'll be getting a coach.

pusbccfc

pusbccfc

Also, a great opportunity to offer fans additional loyalty points for this.

Give people 30/40 points if they go

itsabuzzard

Its BS that the PL clubs can draw against each other in the 4th round:

Fulham v Newcastle United
Sheffield United v Brighton & Hove Albion
Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City

Any one of those clubs would have been a decent pay day for lower league clubs.
Are you suggesting there should be a seeding system?

shmmeee

If the clubs agree is there any reason we can’t play the Bristol game in the international break? I’m sure someone did something like that recently.

Astute

The worst possible draw. Away to the same division.

But on the bright side a great place to go for a cup tie and a decent chance of getting a result. A proper lads day out and not too far away either. So although a poor draw we got the best out of the rest. A win will make it an amazing day and one for the memory bank.

covcity4life

The worst possible draw. Away to the same division.

But on the bright side a great place to go for a cup tie and a decent chance of getting a result. A proper lads day out and not too far away either. So although a poor draw we got the best out of the rest. A win will make it an amazing day and one for the memory bank
So not the worst possible draw?

StrettoBoy

I think it's a terrible draw.

My preferences were either an attractive fixture against one of the big teams from the Premiership or a match against lowly opposition that we could beat and progress.

This is neither. It's not particularly attractive but nor, especially away from home, is it an easy game.

We just have to win it.

PUSB

Macca

One good thing to come out of this I guess. With all these people that would rather we got knocked out in the early rounds in a premier league team wankathon….there will be bags of semi final tickets available 😊

Balli001

I think it's a terrible draw.

My preferences were either an attractive fixture against one of the big teams from the Premiership or a match against lowly opposition that we could beat and progress.

This is neither. It's not particularly attractive but nor, especially away from home, is it an easy game.

We just have to win it.

PUSB
You are aware there are hardly any lower teams left in right? Not a single league 1 team guaranteed and only 3 below that.

Skyblueweeman

If the clubs agree is there any reason we can’t play the Bristol game in the international break? I’m sure someone did something like that recently.
Yeah if both clubs agree you can.

Sunderland did it away at Millwall last season during the World Cup break. Think it was Millwall but it was defo Sunderland.

Sky Blue Harry H

You are aware there are hardly any lower teams left in right? Not a single league 1 team guaranteed and only 3 below that.
Yep - in the next round, the likely 'easiest' draw may well be the winners of the Blackburn/Wrexham game at home!

Travs

Its a good draw. Hillsborough is one of the best away days, and a chance for a big allocation.

Clearly its dampened by having played them recently, and again shortly before the cup tie. But it could have been a lot worse.

Legia Sky Blue

The reaction on here is so predictably knee jerk, just like on a match day thread, and some of you need to take a serious look at yourselves. This is not the worst possible draw we could have got! Away days to Watford, Swansea, Ipswich, Leeds, Plymouth, Luton or Bournemouth would all have been worse. The obsession with drawing a 'big' club does my head in, as you are just playing along and buying into the modern Sky led obsession with them. We all support Coventry City don't we, or if say we draw Man U and their fans chant 'You've only come to see United', does it actually ring true?

This is a great chance to get through to the 5th round, at a ground providing a decent away allocation, which also has an important part in our club's history. As pointed out we beat them twice in consecutive weeks when the teams were much more closely matched in 1987, so I don't see why we shouldn't do it again now if the players have the hunger to do so, and with the help of fans turning up in numbers to support them. The 'glamour' tie that some of you so desire, can then come in the 5th round, or preferably beyond.

Last edited:

slowpoke

The reaction on here is so predictably knee jerk, just like on a match day thread, and some of you need to take a serious look at yourselves. This is not the worst possible draw we could have got! Away days to Watford, Swansea, Ipswich, Leeds, Plymouth, Luton or Bournemouth would all have been worse. The obsession with drawing a 'big' club does my head in, as you are just playing along and buying into the modern Sky led obsession with them. We all support Coventry City don't we, or if say we draw Man U and their fans chant 'You've only come to see United', does it actually ring true?

This is a great chance to get through to the 5th round, at a ground providing a decent away allocation, which also has an important part in our club's history. As pointed out we beat them twice in consecutive weeks when the teams were much more closely matched than in 1987, so I don't see why we shouldn't do it again now if the players have the hunger to do so, and with the help of fans turning up in numbers to support them. The 'glamour' tie that some of you so desire, can then come in the 5th round, or preferably beyond.
Totally agree but let’s leave the glamour tie until the semis tell you what from what I saw of Man United last night I’d love our lot to have a go at that defence they put out.

NorthernWisdom

This is a great chance to get through to the 5th round, at a ground providing a decent away allocation, which also has an important part in our club's history. As pointed out we beat them twice in consecutive weeks when the teams were much more closely matched in 1987, so I don't see why we shouldn't do it again now if the players have the hunger to do so, and with the help of fans turning up in numbers to support them. The 'glamour' tie that some of you so desire, can then come in the 5th round, or preferably beyond.
While I generally agree, it always seems a bit of a damp squib when we draw a team in the same division. Variety being the spice of life and all that

Brighton Sky Blue

It’s not the worst draw of all time, it’s just not interesting either.

covcity4life

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

covcity4life

Your clapping something that contains some absolute gibberish.
I mean, drawing big clubs in the FA cup is a 'Sky led obsession,' what absolute bollocks.
Didn't read it mate.

Lol nah I just liked the bit about trying to go as far as possible and not acting like cucks to big teams.

I think he has a point that those that moan about game being gone are then moaning about drawing a team they could possibly beat over getting smashed Vs a giant

I'm in the middle though as I said in my first post. Ideally I want easy tie at home Vs minnow.

After that a giant at home for the experience.

Sheff wed away sits somewhere in the middle. But it's not end of world for me.

clint van damme

Didn't read it mate.

Lol nah I just liked the bit about trying to go as far as possible and not acting like cucks to big teams.

I think he has a point that those that moan about game being gone are then moaning about drawing a team they could possibly beat over getting smashed Vs a giant

I'm in the middle though as I said in my first post. Ideally I want easy tie at home Vs minnow.

After that a giant at home for the experience.

Sheff wed away sits somewhere in the middle. But it's not end of world for me.

Fair enough.
I think for a lot of people the Wednesday draw is severely dimished by the fact we're playing there the week before, I'd imagine they feel the same.

And I also think it's a difficult game, winnable, but nonetheless difficult.

pusbccfc

Could Wednesday give us a different end to allow us 15%? The away end is limited currently to 3700.

Users who are viewing this thread