FA CUP 4TH ROUND DRAW - MONDAY 19:50 (ish) (2 Viewers)

slowpoke

Noisest atmosphere I've heard was at Goodison when the teams walked out in May 98 when they were under threat from relegation.

Probably get a crappy away tie.
My favourite other ground, a proper traditional stadium.
Think this is its last season before they move to their new stadium.

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Doug wants a good cup run, wonder if he‘s got a deal on hotels with the playoff final being the day after the FA cup final.

Anyone at home but hopefully an easy one, get through the early rounds and the prize money counts massively which has to help Robins. £105k for yesterday, £120k next round…..

Mucca Mad Boys

My FA Cup wish list is as followed:
- Liverpool, Chelsea, Man City, Tottenham or Man U, home or away
- Villa home or away as I’ve never experienced the rivalry
- West Ham away
- Wrexham so we can put them in their place

Other than that, literally anyone at home.

AOM

Would like a good cup run this year so someone beatable please. Would like us to smash Wrexham.
If we are going to go out, at least be a higher end Premier League team home or away with a big following.

We'll probably get a Championship team away though

Astute

Don't want another Championship side. Makes it feel like a non event.

Home game for those clubs below us. Home or away for the Prem sides.

If so we would either have a game we should realistically win like Oxford or get to test ourselves against a good side. No shame in going out to a Prem side but a major boost if you win.

Edited for a side note ~ I had taken the display and 6-2 result for granted. After posting this I suddenly thought would I be happy to lose to a Prem side 6-2? No way. But Oxford are after promotion to the Championship. League 1 and Championship closer than Championship and the Prem.

I just hope we're as good as I think we are 😄

Last edited:

shmmeee

Doug wants a good cup run, wonder if he‘s got a deal on hotels with the playoff final being the day after the FA cup final.

Anyone at home but hopefully an easy one, get through the early rounds and the prize money counts massively which has to help Robins. £105k for yesterday, £120k next round…..

What happens if you’re in both?

Macca1987

I want us to progress as far as possible, so winnable games for the next two rounds, then we can have anyone after that, bit of extra money for DK coffers ready for the summer

SkyBlueCharlie9

You don't want those chavvy bunch of cocaine snorting, arrogant, boy racer types coming up to Coventry, trust me.

And that's just the girls.

🤪
Half a dozen of these Maidstone 'lads' ST holders play in the Sunday team I manage 😀. I could walk to the ground if we are away so and aside from the plastic pitch it would be a stroll in the park as they are a very limited team.

TomRad85

Fnally watching the Welcome To Wrexham shit show! Very cringe. The FA Cup game episode was bollox.....suggested they walked it....I still think we should have won that 7-4.
When we bought the big boys on we were walking through them even with 10 men. I think Robins knows he dropped a bollock and would be keen to give them a good thumping if we got them again.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Watching the the BBC FA cup highlights last night, I see Shay Given finally knows where Dublin is, sitting right next to him. 😂😂😂

SkyBlueSoul

Anything's possible with the right draws, look at Boro in the League Cup semis. Got there via Huddersfield, Bolton, Bradford, Exeter and Port Vale.

nunchuckas

Everton not that far off us either.
Yeah, would be a good test for us. Although they have been in good form in the prem recently, and would be 12th without the points deduction, so bit of a false position. Still would be good to test ourselves against a non top prem team. Selfishly, I just want to go to Goodison Park while I still can.

SkyBlueMatt

Yeah, would be a good test for us. Although they have been in good form in the prem recently, and would be 12th without the points deduction, so bit of a false position. Still would be good to test ourselves against a non top prem team. Selfishly, I just want to go to Goodison Park while I still can.

I went earlier in the season. Everton vs Bournemouth :ROFLMAO: I thought I was running out of time but you have next season still.

Skyblueweeman

What happens if you’re in both?

Funnily enough, I mentioned this to my contact at the club last week. The PO final would likely get moved as the FA Cup would take precedence. The L1 and L2 PO Finals are the week before as well, not sure why as they're normally 3 days on the bounce aren't they.

Regardless of who gets to the PO Final - potential hotel choice could be mega-expensive. Some teams typically book their Cup Final hotel for the night of the match as well as the night before. They then either have a party to celebrate wining the cup or if they lose, use it as an end of season bash as the Cup Final is likely their last match of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread