FA Cup 23/24 (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Sheppey United (who are they?) beating Walsall 1-0. Game on ITV4

Solihull with a big game away at Bolton tomorrow

napolimp

Horsham (seventh tier) beating Barnsley at Oakwell. We’ll be in the for the rest of their squad in January

Yeah but we got to get Styles in. He's a top class player and the answer to all our midfield woes. If only we'd spent millions on him during the window.

Grendel

Sheppey United (who are they?) beating Walsall 1-0. Game on ITV4

Solihull with a big game away at Bolton tomorrow

Today we have Cray Valley Paper Mills at Charlton

Brighton Sky Blue

Crewe 1-0 Derby at HT, Derby have had all the possession, all the chances, not taken them and one great cross from the Crewe left back sets up a goal. Sounds familiar

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Not only are they thrown out but will lose the money for progressing to round 2 which this season is £41,000. Horsham will love that money.All because they played one of their players recalled from York before the replay.Costly mistake?

Sky_Blue_Daz

I think Spurs or Villa would be a good shout for the cup this year

oscillatewildly

I think Spurs or Villa would be a good shout for the cup this year
Villa may well be side tracked with the possibility of a Lg finish good enough for CL football - That will undoubtedly mean fielding a weak side in the 2 or 3 rds they will be in.
Spurs will not be hindered by the same dilemma so yeah, Spurs for the cup is a decent shout.

oscillatewildly

Not long got back from the post office and filling the car - Put TV on for Alfreton v Walsall FA cup game. Alfreton's manager talking up the conditions in the pre match interview. Put the kettle on then went for a crap - Walked back into the living room and the game's been postponed 😲
Literally minutes before KO.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Barnsley were kicked out for playing for playing a player in thier replay who was not registered to play in the first game.(rule 103)Forest Green played a player on loan without written permission from his club.( rule 109) They are not being kicked out but will replay their game.Both teams broke the rules but 1 replays the game (with the extra cash that brings) the other is chucked out.The crime seems much the same to me

Brighton Sky Blue

Barnsley were kicked out for playing for playing a player in thier replay who was not registered to play in the first game.(rule 103)Forest Green played a player on loan without written permission from his club.( rule 109) They are not being kicked out but will replay their game.Both teams broke the rules but 1 replays the game (with the extra cash that brings) the other is chucked out.The crime seems much the same to me
One didn’t ask permission from the parent club but the player was otherwise eligible. The other was the parent club but fielded someone ineligible to play.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

One didn’t ask permission from the parent club but the player was otherwise eligible. The other was the parent club but fielded someone ineligible to play.
Both players were ineligible Barnsley because they fielded a player recalled in the replay whom was not registered to play in the first game(rule103).The Forest Green player played without written permission from the parent club(rule 109.1). That is my understanding in both statements from the FA it states both player were ineligible so therefore both should be expelled

SlowerThanPlatt

Both players were ineligible Barnsley because they fielded a player recalled in the replay whom was not registered to play in the first game(rule103).The Forest Green player played without written permission from the parent club(rule 109.1). That is my understanding in both statements from the FA it states both player were ineligible so therefore both should be expelled
The Forest Green player was eligible (given permission by the parent club) but they didn’t inform the FA.

SkyBlueSoul

Why is the first game of the third round now on a Thursday

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
I read that it's more to do with policing than anything else, although I'm sure TV companies weren't complaining.

League fixtures are arranged so a limited number of London clubs host matches on the same day but the FA Cup third round has drawn 10 capital clubs at home: AFC Wimbledon, Arsenal, Brentford, Chelsea, Crystal Palace (last night), Fulham, Millwall, Queens Park Rangers, Tottenham Hotspur and West Ham United.

It has prompted lengthy negotiations between the Football Association and the Metropolitan Police, and a concerted effort to spread the fixtures across the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread