FA and Hull Tigers? (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

Wasn't that long ago that we would have been looking at buying there best players wow how tables have turned Hull Bigger then Us!

I'm pleased for Hull City, but feel the FA are only doing it because their a premiership team and will get bigger plaudits by supporting a 'big' (by that I mean premiership team)

Grendel

There was of course one other team that tried to change its name and was told no.

play_in_skyblue_stripes

I'm pleased for Hull City, but feel the FA are only doing it because their a premiership team and will get bigger plaudits by supporting a 'big' (by that I mean premiership team)

Never liked Hull City after they beat us at Highfield road in FA cup in early 70's. I hated that result at the time.

However good news if this turns out to be true from the authorities.

Shows what fan power can do and plain common sense can do
Please take note people who go to Northampton

I sense the tide is turning against what SISU have done on both a local and nation level.

Last edited:

cloughie

Never liked Hull City after they beat us at Highfield road in FA cup in early 70's. I hated that result at the time.

However good news if this turns out to be true from the authorities.

Shows what fan power can do and plain common sense can do
Please take note people who go to Northampton

I sense the tide is turning against what SISU have done on both a local and nation level.

That is because history shows that tyrants always eventually get kicked out and lose everything

Neutral Fan

Argh! Sorry to be the pedant but it's the Premier League not the Premiership. It's rugby that has the Premiership.

Cov fans so often don't seem to know that!

Covstu

I am glad they got result on this one but ironically it could bite them on the ass if that chap takes his ball and goes home however. It does however make our whole situation even worse that we did not even have any kind of panel decision, it was basically 'yes that's fine, just come back soon'. So kind of feel even more kicked and beaten hearing this outcome also..... (if that makes sense!!)

Gint11

It is the right result for Hull but I was outraged last night at the fact the FL have stepped in, used their powers and said no. Why oh why then did they not step in when our fiasco started. Disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monkeyface

Don't think the current stature of the club has influenced the decision, think it's more to do with the shit storm the Hull fans have kicked up. Check out the web, Facebook and twitter pages, nearly every fan backing the campaign and willing to make a noise... Unfortunately we have to many fans accepting our plight, or worse still backing it because of some entrenched view they have. Their campaign leader and other volunteers are hero's up there, giving their spare time for something they believe in... Michael comes on here a gets slated by some. Same with the Trust, of course you're not going to agree with everything they say, but unless your willing to be part of it!?

ccfcway

hopefully at least the FL will step in when SISU wish to change our name to Northampton Sky Blues then :D

rupert_bear

But would we accept a name change to lets say Coventry United/Rovers/Wanderers for a place in the Premiership, an F A Cup semi-final spot with a great chance of getting to the final and rid of our present owners ?

chiefdave

But would we accept a name change to lets say Coventry United/Rovers/Wanderers for a place in the Premiership, an F A Cup semi-final spot with a great chance of getting to the final and rid of our present owners ?

As with everything it depends what it's being changed to and more importantly if the fans were in favour. If a clear majority of fans wanted us to change to Coventry Phoenix for example then it should be allowed but if SISU just decide one day they want to change it then no way. Same for kit colour and anything similar - it should always be down to what the fans want.

rupert_bear

I agree but if an Abramovic mark 2 rode into town but was adamant we changed name, colour but promised to turn us into the next Man.City I think most would snap his hand off sadly. In the Hull City case, their benefactor has produced the goods or atleast improved things there, and Tigers is part of their history and lets be honest they would just become Hull anyway. But you are right it has to be done above board and correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread