F1 2021 (1 Viewer)

xcraigx

Surely it's a slam dunk penalty for Hamilton, although it does seem odd that a decision hasn't been made yet. The Verstappen one smacks of somebody in the background trying desperately to keep the title fight alive.

Saddlebrains

That was some drive from Lewis, showed his true champion skills there

He will get a podium tomorrow, as long as Max outscores him by 5 points im Happy, get Max to 26 clear and a DNF cushion ahead

Paul Anthony

Lots of carbon fibre gone down. Hope this race isn't spoiled by a puncture for Max or Lewis.

Paul Anthony

Don't get that strategy again from Mercedes, surely they've just pitted the wrong car?

Paul Anthony

The two best drivers in the two best cars having a proper scrap for the lead. Another 3 races of that to round the season out would be amazing!

xcraigx

I gave Hamilton slim to no chance on Saturday afternoon but that was a quite brilliant performance.

I wonder what the ramifications of Verstappen running Hamilton wide will be going forward.

SkyBlueSoul

54816da75d4083ef4613ab1ab8e84e49.jpg

Paul Anthony

They'll be a little worried about Ricciardo's engine problem though, not sure how old that particular power unit was.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Brilliant race. Fuck Max - dirty dirty driver. Lewis is going to win the next three to piss on all you Max lovers on here!
Difference between dirty driver and hard racer! We will see , brilliant from Lewis admittedly but to shut max down as a “dirty driver” and to rule him out of a championship fight that looks completely impossible to call , particularly with Mercedes’ newfound straightline speed is a bit harsh. We can’t have it both ways and complain that we need to allow more racing when penalties are given , and Complain for penalties when a penalty isn’t given for a , let’s face it , quite insignificant incident. Considering lewis got 5s for hitting albon at brazil in 2019 (may have been 10 not sure) is this really a 5s penalty? Both braking late , Even if Max wasn’t there lewis would’ve struggled to make the corner with where he braked. Moreover, if max , once lewis went off track , stayed on track , lewis would’ve overtaken max at the trajectory he was on if max continued on track , meaning he would’ve been deemed as gaining an unfair advantage and would’ve either given the position back or got 5s himself. Either way , whatever side you are on , you have to appreciate the sheer ability of these two drivers and how lucky we are to watch them scrapping away for a championship in a manner we have not seen since 2016

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

See I’m a massive Lewis fan. But what they’ve both been criticised for this season is stupid. I want to see hard racing, I didn’t see anything wrong with what Max did today, and I don’t see anything wrong with what Hamilton did at Silverstone

I want to see them race. All this give space stuff is crap

Paul Anthony

Apparently the Stewards didn't have the tv pod angle from Verstappen's car available to them, they've got to download it from the car. I always thought these days with everything available in real time, the Stewards had all the data readily available to them. Without that, impossible to say if Max should have had a penalty or not.

But, even with that in mind, the message they should have put out was surely "will be investigated after the race" when they could get the evidence available, rather than immediately close the book on it without having all the facts available.

Anyway, in the end it added even more spice to an already tasty battle. Neither was ever going to back out, and at least this time they both finished.

olderskyblue

The Key aspect to this is was Max trying to turn into the corner or not. If he was going straight on, well, he was going too fast at that stage, so is the most likely scenario, but if he turned any degree to the right to block Lewis, or intentionally force him off, then he could be in trouble.

At the time, I thought it was the latter, but i'm a Lewis fan, so biased :)

If it turns out the stewards, after seeing Max's onboard camera, think it was just hard racing, then fair enough.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

The Key aspect to this is was Max trying to turn into the corner or not. If he was going straight on, well, he was going too fast at that stage, so is the most likely scenario, but if he turned any degree to the right to block Lewis, or intentionally force him off, then he could be in trouble.

If it turns out the stewards, after seeing Max's onboard camera, think it was just hard racing, then fair enough.

I think Max didn't turn towards Lewis, but he most definitely didn't make the effort he could have to stop his car running wide. His entire intention was to force Lewis wide and off the track. But he also knew he wouldn't be able to do it again without getting penalised. When Lewis did overtake Max was given a black and white flag for weaving on the straight.

NorthernWisdom

Verstappen definitely has a touch of the Sennas about him. I'll say this for Hamilton, he's generally pretty good in judging when to avoid trouble - although always easier when you're out the front, of course!

Saddlebrains

A fantastic drive from Lewis. When hes like that there's no one better. And probably hasnt been.

And I'm a massive Schumacher fan

But wish people would stop calling it shit like drive of the century etc.

His car was 30mph faster in a straight line, and at least 0.5 seconds a lap faster than the Red bulls. I could have come from tenth to win in that rocketship.

He has had many more impressive drives than that

wingy

I think Max didn't turn towards Lewis, but he most definitely didn't make the effort he could have to stop his car running wide. His entire intention was to force Lewis wide and off the track. But he also knew he wouldn't be able to do it again without getting penalised. When Lewis did overtake Max was given a black and white flag for weaving on the straight.
Which is pretty futile given the advantage of the Mercedes.

hill83

Looks like he lost grip turning into the corner so couldn’t go full lock.*

*can’t stand Verstappen

I’d be surprised if there’s any penalty coming his way.

Saddlebrains

Didn't intentionally run Hamilton off the road :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Hopefully a penalty coming his way

You can literally see him turn into the corner.

As Hill said, it's missing the braking point and understeering. Even Hamilton fans can see that surely?

hill83

You can literally see him turn into the corner.

As Hill said, it's missing the braking point and understeering. Even Hamilton fans can see that surely?

It looks like he doesn’t make a full attempt to make the corner, but even with my basic sim racing knowledge if he does try to turn the wheel more he either spins or forces the pair of them even further wide as he regains grip even later. You could argue he’s gone into the corner too fast and missed the apex on purpose, but that is racing.

So nothing in it for me.

Saddlebrains

It looks like he doesn’t make a full attempt to make the corner, but even with my basic sim racing knowledge if he does try to turn the wheel more he either spins or forces the pair of them even further wide as he regains grip even later. You could argue he’s gone into the corner too fast and missed the apex on purpose, but that is racing.

So nothing in it for me.

Agree completely.

For me Silverstone - Hamilton to blame
Monza - Max to blame
Brazil - pure hard racing and just hope above adhesion on that occasion

Users who are viewing this thread