F1 2021 (1 Viewer)

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Is it just me or does this danica patrick woman on sky have no clue what she is talking about? Seems she is getting lots of praise on social media , I think she’s been awful

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Agree, she just says random words. No cohesion or structure to anything. And it doesnr seem like she understands anything said to her
When she interviewed horner it was like she had no idea what to say. In the end just blurted out “max… well… tell us something about max we don’t know” I’ve seen people on twitter saying that is brilliant concise journalism , that is pure waffle fgs!

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Seeing as Christian Horner is a city fan , has anyone ever seen him at a game? Is he an ‘armchair go once a season to the big game’ fan or does he go regularly?

Saddlebrains

You've gotta say Max is favourite now.

2 red Bull tracks in Mexico and Brazil to come, and more than likely an engine for Lewis.

Abu dhabi is anyones, so it comes down to Qatar and Saudi the 2 unknowns

SkyBlueSoul

Another cracking race, didn't really have a lull at any point. McLaren/Ferrari battle for 3rd still tighter than a duck's arse in water too, seems to be something riding on every race atm.

If Qatar suits Red Bull, Max could almost be out of sight by the end of the triple header. Can never write off Lewis or Mercedes though

SkyBlueSoul

Just having a look at Qatar, doesn't look like a great track for overtaking (assuming the sim is accurate). Seems a bit Barcelona-esque, lots of mid/high-speed corners after short straights with no real braking points other than the hairpin at T6.

Saddlebrains

Just having a look at Qatar, doesn't look like a great track for overtaking (assuming the sim is accurate). Seems a bit Barcelona-esque, lots of mid/high-speed corners after short straights with no real braking points other than the hairpin at T6.

That screams mercedes track to me

Paul Anthony

Verstappen looks like he's going to be in a different postcode by the end of qualy he's looking mighty fast!

Paul Anthony

What a turnaround

The Red Bull looked a lot less planted than it did earlier on, don't think that incident really cost Max that much in the end, the pace just wasn't there.

Last edited:

xcraigx

I can see Hamilton, Verstappen and Bottas all reaching the first turn together. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them ends up off track.

Also, what's the issue with the Red Bull rear wings? Obviously they are going to downplay any problems but it's very odd to see what looked like gaffa tape holding them together. I seem to remember they had some concerns at the last GP but I don't remember such running repairs being needed, especially in qualifying. I wonder if they will be able to handle the stresses of a full race, and if not what have they done to them recently that's causing them to fracture?

olderskyblue

Quite a turn around in speed from quali.

I don’t think it will go to the last race

Paul Anthony

What's that, nine wins this season for Max? I can't see it happening now, but if he somehow doesn't win this title then there's no justice.

Saddlebrains

Just watched the start again

Max was unreal. To brake that late, round the outside and to stay on track and take the lead was utterly fantastic

Paul Anthony

Just watched the start again

Max was unreal. To brake that late, round the outside and to stay on track and take the lead was utterly fantastic

It was his araweness that impressed me. He knew he was on the racing line, it's where all the grip was. I called it as soon as Bottas didn't cover the inside that Max would be round the pair of them. If he had just a little bit more awareness, he'd have realised he needed to cover off Max doing that and not his teammate who he'd have been ordered to let by anyway.

Ultimately it almost certainly would have been delaying the inevitable, I mean Max probably had even more pace in his pocket if he'd needed it, but it would also have meant Bottas wouldn't have put himself in trouble because he'd have been braking later himself. Whilst I do feel for him being hit by Danny Ric, he kind of put himself in the position for it to happen to him. All had a knock on effect that made the race for Max and ruined it for Bottas.

Saddlebrains

Agree completely, however that sums bottas up for me.

In wheel to wheel combat and awareness hes the worst driver I've ever seen in a top team. Can never come through traffic either

xcraigx

Hamilton takes a 5 place grid penalty on Sunday. I think that's the title in the bag for Max.

After a fantastic first half to the season its really petered out since Monza.

NorthernWisdom

Hamilton takes a 5 place grid penalty on Sunday. I think that's the title in the bag for Max.

All it takes is one DNF and it can swing dramatically.

Admittedly, it's a shame the cars are so reliable nowadays, so the suspense isn't there as much as it might have been!

Saddlebrains

Wouldn't be so sure.

He's most half a second clear on a short lap like Brazil. Max is probably going to need a new engine also.

Its going down to the last race

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

Brilliant from Lewis. Will be interesting to see the sprint race start. If max wants to secure the pole he should not fight or attempt to pass lewis in the sprint race , and just settle for p2 (pole for the race)

Paul Anthony

Brilliant from Lewis. Will be interesting to see the sprint race start. If max wants to secure the pole he should not fight or attempt to pass lewis in the sprint race , and just settle for p2 (pole for the race)

Agree, Max needs to be smart about it. He absolutely doesn't need to go all in for the sprint race win, Lewis simply has to.

SkyBlueSoul

Max referred to the stewards for touching Lewis’ car after quali now

4e838bee437a4b4aafb5d470fea162c6.jpg

793dc52b724739a6782d170daa2579d5.jpg

SkyBlueSoul

I think the accusations against Merc will be upheld and Lewis will probably start at the back. Don’t see a problem with what Max did really, loads of drivers (Seb in particular) do it. Shouldn’t have touched it but should just get a slap on the wrist for me

Users who are viewing this thread