F1 2021 (2 Viewers)

xcraigx

Given today's weather and the location of the next race it's hard to fathom why it couldn't have been postponed until today , apart from a fan's perspective.

I gather a lot of the marshalls are volunteers who will have taken time off work to help out. I can't imagine the powers that be would have been able to guarantee the sort of numbers required quick enough to make that sort of decision.

Paul Anthony

Kimi retiring at the end of the year. I know he's a long way from his best, but the form he showed from 2003-2006 at McLaren will always be one of my favourite F1 related things. He was so immense in those days, and so bloody quick.

There have been rumours of Bottas to Alfa, looking like Russell might just be in a Mercedes next year. Which inevitably means they're going to build the worst car they've ever made!

Last edited:

Paul Anthony

Could be chaos in Q1 tomorrow, with drivers in fast laps avoiding drivers on out laps. There's not a lot of room to get by. Predict a lot of angry radio messages.

Big concern is whoever makes it into t1 on Sunday is likely to win. There's probably only turn 1 to overtake in.

Saddlebrains

Yea that was a mess traffic wise.

Can see an almighty shunt in the race on this track.

Lets be honest they wouldnt have even entertained this place if it wasnt for Max. Not an F1 worthy circuit for me

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Had helicopters flying over today filming. They almost certainly are covering the event as they were flying over my place and to the beach.

I looked at getting tickets but the prices were an absolute joke. Not normally that interested in F1 but thought I would give it a chance and go down if it had been reasonable. Sounds as if some are a but apprehensive of the event though?

Paul Anthony

That's got to be some rear wing damage for Russell, I'll be amazed if he hasn't.

xcraigx

No surprise that Max is on pole. No idea where Lewis got his pace from on the final lap, especially the final sector.

Paul Anthony

That was a lot closer than I think anyone was expecting in the end. The drag race down to turn 1 will be crucial. Mercedes advantage is having both cars up there, but Red Bull's long run pace has been very strong.

Saddlebrains

Max Drs didnt open in sector 2 which cost 2 tenths apparently so not as close as it seems.

Whoever leads into turn one wins

Paul Anthony

Somehow the Haas drivers have got away absolutely Scott free for the blocking incident.

xcraigx

No idea what sort of race to expect today l. It looks very hard to overtake so it could be a bore but there's a good chance of incidents and safety cars. Bottas taking a lunge into the first corner is probably off the menu.

xcraigx

I think Mercedes needed to put Lewis on softs with around 20 laps to go. Nothing to lose, clearly they don't have the pace to trouble Max as it stands. That chance has now gone.

Si80

Lets hope that when Lewis steps aside they fill the other seat with Norris and Merc have another strong line up for years to come.

SkyBlueSoul

561aefde1136b76500d9532ef9eead67.jpg

Even when saying bye to Bottas, Toto still thinks of Lewis first

Saddlebrains

Most info ever since his accident.

Feel for Mick so much. Does very much seem like Michael is a complete vegetable and is just existing.

No life for him, such a shame for the greatest there ever was in my eyes

hill83

Most info ever since his accident.

Feel for Mick so much. Does very much seem like Michael is a complete vegetable and is just existing.

No life for him, such a shame for the greatest there ever was in my eyes

I’ve been wanting news for years but it turns out I didn’t after hearing that.

Users who are viewing this thread