F**k off... (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
Our best odds are 40-1 (it's that on average to be fair) yet saints are 10 - 1 and brighton are 14 -1 ! bit strange that surely?

TheRoyalScam

Coral have us 13/5 to be relegated - 5th favourite behind Donny, Palarse, Barnstonworth, and Peterborough.:(

SkyblueCookie

Guess they'll all feel like mugs then when we smash the highest points record next season.

LastGarrison

80's is probably a bit big so might be worth backing now to lay off if we get a good start to the season. (And especially if King signs).

However, as it's been 40 odd years since we finished in the top 6 of any league, could quite conceivably be losing our best 3 players, have an inexperienced manager and haven't got a pot to piss in, then it isn't that unrealistic is it? Once you've took your Sky Blue glasses off of course. ;)

Lord_Nampil

One thing! Boro were clear favourites for automatic promotion and Watford to go down! Both didn't come off! Personally how can you tell what is going to happen when no transfers have been made!

Last edited:

rob9872

Is anyone else unclear on the reason for this thread? The opening poster has not elaborated so I can't make my mind up whether he thinks we're too big or too small at that price.

If it's too small then get on Betfair and lay it, if you think it's generous then have a put at favourable odds. I can't really see the problem either way. Tbh I think the price is a fair reflection of where we're at and I wouldn't get too heavily involved wither way.

SkyBluegilby

I'll be honest. 80 -1 seems about right to me....

Whats everyones justification for thinking it should be less? Westy & King probably on their way, not a lot of money and our highest finish position has been 8th (I think)

rob9872

80/1 means it must happen sometime in the next 40 years?

We're half way there boys and Girls.

Come on Rich, you're a bookie you know better than that. It means if we ran this next season 81 times there is a fair chance we might win one of them, although I would suggest that isn';t the case.

Anyhow, far too soon to speculate until we know not only who is signing for us but who the other teams are retaining or strenthening with. Anyone who punts next season in this league at this time of the year needs their head examining.

rob9872

It has ... but that doesn't come into the reckoning on setting odds. It also doesn't mean that we will get there in another 40 years and even if it did then top 6 doesn't mean champions that the odds were for.

Covstu

It is 80-1 for a reason!! Playoff spot might be a better bet rather than winning the friggin league!!!

It has ... but that doesn't come into the reckoning on setting odds. It also doesn't mean that we will get there in another 40 years and even if it did then top 6 doesn't mean champions that the odds were for.

I was trying to cast a bit of hope Roberto.

ccfcdan

If King sign's then I'd be interested in seeing the odds on him finishing top goalscorer next season! Rekon with a full season under his belt he'll get at least 20 goals.

rob9872

If King sign's then I'd be interested in seeing the odds on him finishing top goalscorer next season! Rekon with a full season under his belt he'll get at least 20 goals.

I think he will be in the Championship whether with us or not. Therefore this IS a bet that's worth getting on now. He will score wherever he is and if its here then its a bonus for us but the beauty of this bet is that if he does end up in the Premier League then he will be a non-runner and you'll get your money back. Less risky and a chance to get in before the price crashes. Don't ask for a price on just him though as it will be artificially low. Giove them a list of likely runners around the league and request prices on all of them - looks less obvious who you want to back as I doubt they've compiled the odds yet and will need to phone it through.

Fair enough btw Rich :)

smileycov

Facebook User
Not really, all 3 promoted teams finished well above us last season.

But these 2 are completly different clubs, are they not? Brighton 14 - 1 and us 40 - 1................i just can not see that. I don't think we are capable of winning the league BTW, however Brighton in with a shout...Na!!

skybluejelly

i honestly think our odds are about right even a bit skinny...but i can not believe leicester are 7 to 1 favourites,, they were not exactly impressive last year despite having some cracking loan players ,and although they keep telling us they are loaded they have not exactly been splashing the cash ...i also think sunderland at 10-1 are a great bet to be relegated

look our end of season finish and 80/1 is massive

bit like a horse who finishes a year off in fashion but they look at his form at start of seaosn rather then the end

skybluejelly

our end of season form was nothing to shout about ,,yes the football was attractive but we still only got 13 points from 9 games not exactly league winning form,in fact we havent won for 4 games,,i am in no way slating the team.. just saying that 80 to 1 should really be about 100-1,,

rob9872

Morning Rich. What firm is that ? Is it definitely promoted or is it top 3? ie. could we finish 6th and land the bet?

Equally I think we would be 3/1 in the play-offs so therefore are we better than 6's anywhere to reach the play-offs as the double would be better.

Tyia
Rob

Rob I saw it on the CET so i'm not sure what company. Looks a nice bet though. The only word of caution is those odds put us 4th bottom of the league.

Macca

In fairness it could be 1000-1 really. No criticism but it is that unlikely. Promotion slightly possible but the BEST team in the league no chance. Brighton should be more like twice that

Users who are viewing this thread