F.A. Cup round 3 Home v Man Utd (1 Viewer)

oakey

What would happen then?
Discuss.
FWIW I wouldn't go.

letsallsingtogether

SISU would reverse the fixture that way get half of the gate at old Trafford fucking leeches:blue:.

skybluericoh

I'd go put super glue on both hands and glue myself across a turnstile. By the time the paramedics got my hands free the game would be finished.:D

Block19

I think it's a long shot that we will get into the 3rd round. Most seasons you start optimistic thinking yes we will get promotion. This season I can only think of relegation or liquidation.

skybluelee

What would happen then?
Discuss.
FWIW I wouldn't go.

Insulting question. Utterly ridiculous. Are you suggesting my principles about the death of my club might alter just because Wayne Rooney was playing against us? Fucks sake.

Delboycov

I think that those that have used this as a scenario where all those rabidly opposed to this stupid move will return in their droves have completely misjudged the strength of feeling....I won't attend a single 'home' game at Northampton SISU FC and I think the majority of those saying they won't now will not either. I'm sure it would be a good day out for the 'loyal' fans though ;-)

Astute

I stopped going to home games when they decimated our squad before the start of the season a couple of seasons ago. I have not done a home game since. Done a fair few miles doing away games though. Will keep it up this season as well.

And to think of all the names I got called for saying no more home games for me until our club was sorted out :) Would now go to home games in the Ricoh if we were to go back. Strangely enough that would be sorting our club out to where we are ATM.

ajsccfc

Insulting question. Utterly ridiculous. Are you suggesting my principles about the death of my club might alter just because Wayne Rooney was playing against us? Fucks sake.

I've read the post again for clarity and it doesn't seem to mention you or suggest anything about you.

ajsccfc

If we did draw Man Utd, I imagine it'd be the normal case of people who don't normally go would now go. I think only a very small percentage of the people willingly staying away would attend assuming it's still miles away (although we can say with certainty that skybluelee would, hiyo)

covcity4life

point of a home match is the big teams and best players come to your home city,your home ground and play your own players you see every week

with groundshare only 1 of those would happen which stops it being such a huge affair for me.

Danceswithhorses

Instead of gate receipts in a full 32500 seater stadium, we would get gate receipts in a full stadium of 7653...great for 'revenue' Timmy

ajsccfc

I imagine they'd strike a deal to play in a bigger venue, like that French team using the Stade de France for their Champions League games.

As it would be live on SKY no doubt, anyone that did go should use the occasion to disrupt the match and get as much publicity as possible.
A few pitch invasions with Keep Coventry in Coventry banners etc, handcuffs to goalposts... we got a game at Chester abandoned when we
were trying to get rid of the old owner... invaded the pitch a few times with 'Vaughan Out' banners... ref had enough and called the game
off :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread