Fábio Tavares (1 Viewer)

skybluepm2

I think - and hope - our second string are a different proposition to when we inexplicably lost to Wrexham last year, as we now have quality in depth. Saying that, injury to Sheaf and Allen, added to Kitching’s suspension plus Fadz’ departure don’t help our cause. Same team as last night should comfortably get us over the line.

Tommo1993

Think those who are “worried” about the Maidstone game are completely mad and may not have even watched the Ipswich game. They won solely because of the suicidally high back line. Two hopeful punts, two goals.

They won’t lay a glove on us, and Wednesday would have thumped them too. Score early and we’ll have 6 or 7.

NorthernWisdom

We’re at home against a side in the sixth tier, four divisions below us - the Wrexham or Worcester games were more evenly matched, by comparison. We will easily win, 99 times out of 100, even with a seriously weakened side, and we shouldn’t be running our key players into the ground just in case lightning strikes twice.

If Tavares can’t be trusted to start in a game against this kind of opposition then he really has no business even training with us.
Yeah tbf if ever there were a game where Tavares should be playing, it's Maidstone at home!

Doesn't even have to be overly weakened side, but you'd surely hope that Simms, Tavares, AN Other would have enough for Maidstone!

Reactions: SBT

shmmeee

TBF it’s the level we send kids out on loan to, we should be able to drop one or two in but I’d rather Andrews Rus or Stretton than Tavares.

Astute

I'd prefer to trust the decision of Robins who works with the player rather than those that hardly know anything about the player.

He put him on against a better side in Sheffield Wednesday so can see Tavares playing some kind of part in the game against Maidstone. I see some call him League 1 or 2 level. That's levels above Maidstone. If he doesn’t play against Maidstone we have to ship him out.

SBT

GK Wilson

RB Latibeaudiere
RCB Thomas
LCB Binks
LB DaSilva

CM Kelly
CM Allen
CAM Rus

RW Tavares
LW Simms
ST Godden

If we’re not winning after 60 minutes then bring on Torp, Wright and Palmer to murder them and tell Tavares he works in the club shop now. O’Hare, MVE and Sakamoto get the night off to play Mario Kart. We win by three or four goals, probably. Who complains?

NorthernWisdom

GK Wilson

RB Latibeaudiere
RCB Thomas
LCB Binks
LB DaSilva

CM Kelly
CM Allen
CAM Rus

RW Tavares
LW Simms
ST Godden

If we’re not winning after 60 minutes then bring on Torp, Wright and Palmer to murder them and tell Tavares he works in the club shop now. O’Hare, MVE and Sakamoto get the night off to play Mario Kart. We win by three or four goals, probably. Who complains?
You're that confident you'll stick an injured player in central midfield?

Grendel

GK Wilson

RB Latibeaudiere
RCB Thomas
LCB Binks
LB DaSilva

CM Kelly
CM Allen
CAM Rus

RW Tavares
LW Simms
ST Godden

There is no way you’d start Rus in a game like that

Mucca Mad Boys

GK Wilson

RB Latibeaudiere
RCB Thomas
LCB Binks
LB DaSilva

CM Kelly
CM Allen
CAM Rus

RW Tavares
LW Simms
ST Godden

Hubris. We’ve got the extra day off so you’d expect we’ll play a strong team to blow Maidstone away.

MVE and Sakamoto look like they need a rest. Starting with Millwall on Sunday, there’s 3 games in 7 days so there may be more to add to that.

Alkhen

Yeah tbf if ever there were a game where Tavares should be playing, it's Maidstone at home!

Doesn't even have to be overly weakened side, but you'd surely hope that Simms, Tavares, AN Other would have enough for Maidstone!
That's what the Ipswich manager thought.

Just start with the strongest team and take players off early if the job is done. We don't want Sutton V.2

I'd start Simms over Godden as he needs game time but the rest just play the best available. Friday>Monday>Friday schedule is no different than what we usually play recovery wise

Alkhen

And it was a total freak result, where Ipswich absolutely battered them.
Not worth the risk in my book. Quarter final place with a potentially huge pay day on the line.

But also the thought of years of a shame a loss would bring, constantly dragged up every time we are in the FA cup.... Sod that.

Batter them early with a near full strength team and take off players when the job is done.

Last edited:

NorthernWisdom

Not worth the risk in my book. Quarter final place with a potentially huge pay day online. But also the years of a shame a loss would bring, constantly dragged up every time we are in the FA cup. Sod that. Batter them early with a near full strength team and take off players to rest
It's not a risk though. We'd be looking to loan Tavares to levels above Maidstone, Simms is a multi million pond striker... it's hardly like we're playing the team we put out for Birmingham Senior Cup!

SBT

There is no way you’d start Rus in a game like that
He’s started several games this season already in the equivalent National League North? We are gearing up for what could be an extremely long season, it’s vital we rest players when given a golden opportunity like this one.

Grendel

He’s started several games this season already in the equivalent National League North? We are gearing up for what could be an extremely long season, it’s vital we rest players when given a golden opportunity like this one.

Habe you seen him play?

Mucca Mad Boys

We’re at home against a side in the sixth tier, four divisions below us - the Wrexham or Worcester games were more evenly matched, by comparison. We will easily win, 99 times out of 100, even with a seriously weakened side, and we shouldn’t be running our key players into the ground just in case lightning strikes twice.

If Tavares can’t be trusted to start in a game against this kind of opposition then he really has no business even training with us.
Tavares just isn’t going to start and he won’t be training with us next year.

He is the definition of a backup player. He was unlucky with his achilles injury when we were going to give him game time but we’ve moved up 1-2 levels from then.

skybluecam

It's not a risk though. We'd be looking to loan Tavares to levels above Maidstone, Simms is a multi million pond striker... it's hardly like we're playing the team we put out for Birmingham Senior Cup!
Simms is levels above Tavares.

Tavares isn't even getting a look in off the bench in the league. He's been here 3 years now and hasn't started a league game. In fact, the last game he started for us was Wrexham...

Gynnsthetonic

GK Wilson

RB Latibeaudiere
RCB Thomas
LCB Binks
LB DaSilva

CM Kelly
CM Allen
CAM Rus

RW Tavares
LW Simms
ST Godden

Same team as last night, I want to win the tie

Skybluedownunder

This!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

We aren't going to lose to Maidstone, whether Tavares starts or not.
are you new GIF

SBT

Same team as last night, I want to win the tie
Who are you resting against Preston and WBA to allow us to play a more or less full strength team against Maidstone United? Or are most of our first XI just going to have to play three games in seven days?

Great_Expectations

Pace energy and nothing else.

Yea he looked a level below last night, we have a team full of footballers and he isn’t technically good enough.

Saying that, I’d still like to see him get a few cameos in games where we’re safe (if they exist), as it’s the only real option we have if we want to take Sakamoto off, not change shape and avoid too many square pegs.

Gynnsthetonic

Who are you resting against Preston and WBA to allow us to play a more or less full strength team against Maidstone United? Or are most of our first XI just going to have to play three games in seven days?
We have a squad, Kitching will be back. Collins, Bidwell, Godden, Thomas, Simms,Kelly,Allen(🙏) all on the bench last night, I never said there going to play 3 in 7 did i

Users who are viewing this thread