Fábio Tavares (2 Viewers)

AFCCOVENTRY

He needs to get 1st team football and a drop to L1 is needed. I don’t think he’ll figure in longer term plans , but let’s see what impact he has with regular game time.

harvey098

He deserves a chance. Its not as though we're overwhelmed with players in his position with his potential skillset. Would be crazy to bin him now after all this time.

Greggs

Guess he'll have to hand his notice in at Aldi if he's going to start playing again.

mmttww

He deserves a chance. Its not as though we're overwhelmed with players in his position with his potential skillset. Would be crazy to bin him now after all this time.
I can see this argument with the formation we're playing, but only if he's showing plenty in training and U21s games.

slowpoke

He has 18+ months left on his contract in that time there will be a number of coming and goings squad wise he will possibly be one of them but let’s see what he offers, nothing to lose.

Great_Expectations

I’d like to see him get a few 20 minute cameos on the wing. At the very least he’d come on with pace and energy in an area he can utilise those strengths.

Until we make any additions, he’s the only offensive impact player (potentially/hopefully) we have.

ccfc1234

He has pace but the end passing product is not at the level. He will be allowed to let go and I think the club are to an extent protecting him by not allowing him to go on loan, fully aware an injury could scupper his next move.

SBT

Yeah they had 38 shots to 2 and contrived to lose. Approach this the same way as we did Oxford and the replay, get the game won before bringing on the squad players.
There is a world of difference between Oxford United and Maidstone though. It was ridiculously unlucky for Ipswich to lose that game and it would be foolish to change our gameplan based on a total freak result like that. We need to be resting as many players as we feasibly can, it would be madness if Sakamoto starts above Tavares for example.

skybluecam

There is a world of difference between Oxford United and Maidstone though. It was ridiculously unlucky for Ipswich to lose that game and it would be foolish to change our gameplan based on a total freak result like that. We need to be resting as many players as we feasibly can, it would be madness if Sakamoto starts above Tavares for example.
Starting Tavares is exactly the kind of nonsense that leads to an upset.

We don't have to play our strongest XI but if he's in the team I'd be worried.

skybluepm2

He’s just not very good. If his wonder strike against PNE hadn’t happened, there wouldn’t be the clamour or misguided belief from some that he could be a 20 goal a season striker ‘with a run of games’. Cut our losses in the Summer and wish him the best.

Brighton Sky Blue

I refer the honourable gentleman to that embarrassment against Wrexham last year.

Mucca Mad Boys

Tavares wouldn’t have been brought if the game was closer.

He had some nice dribbles but the rest of his game was noticeably below our standard. I’m sure he could do well in L2 or L1 at a push.

San Francisco

Hasn't really improved at all since we brought him in 3 years ago so I doubt he'll still be here after this coming summer. I think people forget that he's only 2 weeks younger than Simms. He's not 19 anymore.

Mucca Mad Boys

I refer the honourable gentleman to that embarrassment against Wrexham last year.
We can’t take it for granted. If there are players that are tired, perhaps they can be rotated.

I wouldn’t be against Kelly, Lati, Palmer, Simms starting the game.

The best approach is to blow them away in the first half and sub players off as we did against Wednesday.

Reactions: AOM

SBT

We’re at home against a side in the sixth tier, four divisions below us - the Wrexham or Worcester games were more evenly matched, by comparison. We will easily win, 99 times out of 100, even with a seriously weakened side, and we shouldn’t be running our key players into the ground just in case lightning strikes twice.

If Tavares can’t be trusted to start in a game against this kind of opposition then he really has no business even training with us.

Brighton Sky Blue

We can’t take it for granted. If there are players that are tired, perhaps they can be rotated.

I wouldn’t be against Kelly, Lati, Palmer, Simms starting the game.

The best approach is to blow them away in the first half and sub players off as we did against Wednesday.
We can take it as a given that they'll raise their game and we have a tendency to give away poor goals at the best of times. I'm sorry, I don't see why we'd make it even a bit more likely that the cameras get what they want

Users who are viewing this thread