Extra Crewe tickets?? (1 Viewer)

ccfc_jj

Just saw a post on one of the Crewe forums that we're supposed to get an extra 3500 tickets on the night??

Anyone else heard this? Pretty sure its utter b*llocks.

Happy_Martian

Errr, that'd make it a 5800 Cov attendance in a 10,150 capacity ground. Would make a great noise but I really don't think Crewe would release that many tickets to away fans. Besides, I can just imagine the Police/Safety Officers reactions if they were told it was happening......

rob9872

they wouldnt give us over half of the ground the main reason would be policing and safety
Has happened before at stovkport but in such circumstances to give us that advantage for greed would be suicide and unpopular with the home contingent so close to wembley

CAFC

Bloody hope so, they've even said they're not bothered about it! Doubt it's true though.

Please ignore 90% of what you read on our messageboards. They are both full of people talking complete shite. I'm sorry, but if someone can claim they are not excited about the prospect of seeing their team play at Wembley, then they need their head testing. You would have thought the fact that we played there 6 months ago, and it was such a fantastic day (that description does it no justice btw) would get people even more excited!

There are only around 20-25 regular posters on our boards, so out of an average home turnout of between 4-5k, they do not represent the view of the average Crewe fan.

And sorry, but no more tickets will be released for you lot. It's unfortunate, but you already have half the ground (in terms of positions of stands). It's just us using our home advantage I suppose.

Can't wait for game at your place. Off work for the day, in Brum for 12ish, cheeky shandy or 10, should be a great day!

Otis

If you read the thread, someone quickly comes in and rebutes this extra tickets thing.

We won't be getting anymore.

rupert_bear

The authorities do have a potential problem though, a lot depends on the score in the first leg but a draw or even a small lead for Cov and i think lots will go to Crewe without tickets, seen it before here, there's a sudden surge of interest and everyman and his dog turn up. I remember playing Watford away in the League Cup when literally thousands turned up without tickets, there were queues of coaches on nearby motorways waiting to be allowed in to Watford, thousand of fans milling around the ground, eventually the police opened the gates and just let the fans in, we had half the ground, all the pubs. Same one year at Liverpool when Cov had the whole Kenwyn Road stand and half the Anfield Road terrace. My betting is the police will allow supporters in home areas in a controlled way and seggregate them manually, it ain't rocket science is it. They won't announce it but i am sure that's what will happen, better than having a few thousand wandering the town for three hours

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread