Extended highlights: Grimsby (1 Viewer)

Otis

Few observations.

1. That was abysmal defending and non tackling for that Dembele run in the first half. Hope Robins gave them a rocket for that.

2. Some thought Vincenti didn't play that well, but he shines in that clip. Some lovely crossfield passing and also getting into some very good positions in and around the box.

3. Let's put this free kick nonsense to bed once and for all. Iwelumo on C5 last night was talking about taking the free kick from the right place and that is why Clarke passed it back. That's bollocks, because Clarke takes the free kick from the exact place of the infringement. Iwelumo is talking nonsense.

4. How did the ref not give a pen for the foul on Vincenti? Seems clear cut.

5. Although not a stamp, the Grimsby player definitely deliberately stands on Jones hand. You can see him look down before he does it.

Mucca Mad Boys

Few observations.

1. That was abysmal defending and non tackling for that Dembele run in the first half. Hope Robins gave them a rocket for that.

2. Some thought Vincenti didn't play that well, but he shines in that clip. Some lovely crossfield passing and also getting into some very good positions in and around the box.

3. Let's put this free kick nonsense to bed once and for all. Iwelumo on C5 last night was talking about taking the free kick from the right place and that is why Clarke passed it back. That's bollocks, because Clarke takes the free kick from the exact place of the infringement. Iwelumo is talking nonsense.

5. Although not a stamp, the Grimsby player definitely deliberately stands on Jones hand. You can see him look down before he does it.

100% agreed.

We certainly looked dangerous and thought Jones stood out in particular. I think he's going to have a great season.

Vincenti is going to be an unsung hero this season. Compared to The Duke or Jones, he's not as easy on the eye and he's not exciting. But, he's a threat in his own right, aerially, and clearly he can pick a pass out. It looks like he's developed an understanding with Jones too. I reckon he'll notch about 5-10 goals this season, hopefully.

I think it was a terrible pass back for McNulty's goal, he even went to take the free kick himself, it was a poor back pass and a really stupid mistake.

Otis

100% agreed.

We certainly looked dangerous and thought Jones stood out in particular. I think he's going to have a great season.

Vincenti is going to be an unsung hero this season. Compared to The Duke or Jones, he's not as easy on the eye and he's not exciting. But, he's a threat in his own right, aerially, and clearly he can pick a pass out. It looks like he's developed an understanding with Jones too. I reckon he'll notch about 5-10 goals this season, hopefully.

I think it was a terrible pass back for McNulty's goal, he even went to take the free kick himself, it was a poor back pass and a really stupid mistake.

Yep.

Grimsby players and fans should be angry, but only with Nathan Clarke.

Nowt wrong with the goal.

mark82

I genuinely don't think he meant to take the free kick but just by the fact he kicked it meant he'd put the ball back in play. Stupid mistake for an experienced player to make.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Few observations.

Very well put, Sir :)

Covkid1968#

Haha.....City fan falling through the advertising boards in the 2nd half :happy::happy:

stevefloyd

I am not 100% convinced Vincetti was a penalty first look I thought it was but then looked again and it appears he moved his leg towards there player then fell over it ...but who cares we won 2-0 :) :) :)

Alex1987

Anyone else struggling to watch the videos? I can see a black screen where I can see play/fast forward/sound, etc, but it never seems to work...

Users who are viewing this thread