Experience needed? (1 Viewer)

rob9872

HAs to be a wind up this as we couldn't afford them, but JW is not the sick note of late he's being labelled with. A falling out at WHU is the reason for his exit. He said been fully fit and ready to play for 8 months and not disputed by the club, simply a clash with Moyes.

steve cooper

This reminds me of our first season in the old League 1. We were in a similar position experience wise, and then we signed Maurice Setters.
We didn't get relegated!

Mucca Mad Boys

Great, another suggestion of a player with no Championship experience whatsoever

I’m sure he’s up to prove he can do it away at Stoke on a Tuesday night. After all, the stars are aligned because we play Stoke away on a Wednesday night.

better days

HAs to be a wind up this as we couldn't afford them, but JW is not the sick note of late he's being labelled with. A falling out at WHU is the reason for his exit. He said been fully fit and ready to play for 8 months and not disputed by the club, simply a clash with Moyes.
Perhaps
Or maybe it's because West Ham lost virtually all the games in which Wilshire featured and he seemed miles off the pace
Sad really as he was brilliant before his injuries started

Sky Blue Harry H

Perhaps
Or maybe it's because West Ham lost virtually all the games in which Wilshire featured and he seemed miles off the pace
Sad really as he was brilliant before his injuries started
And he's cut down to 20 Woodbine a day.

steve cooper

Not what I meant clearly
Yes I understand that, but we can obviously only go for players who haven't got a club, until January. By definition those players are not in demand. If we decide we need someone for a few months that can offer us the experience we need, I don't see any reason why we should expect other clubs get involved in a bidding war.

SlowerThanPlatt

Yes I understand that, but we can obviously only go for players who haven't got a club, until January. By definition those players are not in demand. If we decide we need someone for a few months that can offer us the experience we need, I don't see any reason why we should expect other clubs get involved in a bidding war.

A players agent would make other clubs aware of the terms and standard of football being offered, they don’t get one offer and sign it there and then

Magwitch

Experienced players cost big wages and would probably want 2/3 year contracts
Stick and juggle about what we have and let them build up their experience. With a full team I think we’ll be okay, but it’s lack of strength in depth thats concerning.

ccfc1234

Why does it take an offer from us to start a bidding war for a free agent?

The player's agents will have contacted many clubs months ago. None of those clubs fancied taking the player on (the most likely situation) or they didnt want to match wage demands at that time.

So the player has to decide, do I want to play or not. If he wants to play then previous wage demands cant be taken into consideration now.

My guess would be that when said agents spoke to clubs, they were asking for circa 50k per week. When word gets out the players are considering CCFCs offer of 5k and a pack of rich tea biscuits. Those clubs that scoffed at 50k a week will offer 6 or 7k and a pack of chocolate caramel digestives.

cc84cov

It’s clear to most of us (& yesterday MR alluded to it) that we are in desperate need for a few more options in our squad.

A couple of injuries and suspensions happen and we down to bare bones.

We need to be competitive.

So is it worth offering short term deals to Daniel Sturridge and Jack Wilshere to boost our squad.

Lots of pros and cons.

Yes or No-thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mark Robins actually said that ? If that’s the case why didn’t we sign anyone with experience at the level in the window & all pre season ?

To answer your question yes we’ve needed that since we come up to the league problem is paying the players Wages

Fergusons_Beard

Mark Robins actually said that ? If that’s the case why didn’t we sign anyone with experience at the level in the window & all pre season ?

To answer your question yes we’ve needed that since we come up to the league problem is paying the players Wages

“Nobody likes losing games, but we’re still without a number of players that would be in the team, we’re looking to try and get that quality and it just wasn’t there.”

“We have to move past it and get onto the next one and hope we can get everybody back fit because it’s a punishing schedule, we’re down to bare bones and are still trying to get to grips at the level as well.”

I did say alluded to-maybe you need a dictionary?

shmmeee

“Nobody likes losing games, but we’re still without a number of players that would be in the team, we’re looking to try and get that quality and it just wasn’t there.”

“We have to move past it and get onto the next one and hope we can get everybody back fit because it’s a punishing schedule, we’re down to bare bones and are still trying to get to grips at the level as well.”

I did say alluded to-maybe you need a dictionary?

“we’re looking to try and get that quality” could just mean quality in our play, not necessarily bringing in players.

hill83

We should do a football manager special and bin off all the squad who aren't guaranteed first team and use the wages saved on them for Ronaldo.
We could even send Robins to Man City and he could buy Kasteneer for £200 million then bring him back.

steve cooper

We should do a football manager special and bin off all the squad who aren't guaranteed first team and use the wages saved on them for Ronaldo.
We could even send Robins to Man City and he could buy Kasteneer for £200 million then bring him back.
You might have something there. Can't we persuade Tony Mowbray to buy Kastaneer if he cares so much about us?
(in Jan obviously)

Fergusons_Beard

“we’re looking to try and get that quality” could just mean quality in our play, not necessarily bringing in players.

More the bare bones rather than getting more experience in.

I’ll be very surprised if we don’t do some business In January.

SlowerThanPlatt

We don’t have money - it will be loans or gambles from lower leagues/abroad.

At this moment none of our players have done anything to warrant interest either. If there’s no one to sell then the business model is looking unsustainable at this level

shmmeee

I won’t. Between now and then you’d expect the following back: Rose (fully fit), Dabo, Dacosta, Hamer (unsuspended) Hilßner (fully fit), Jobello (fully fit), Walker, Bapaga (fully fit). Arguably half a first team there.

Users who are viewing this thread