Expected Goals table (1 Viewer)

PVA

Now firstly I know expected goals is not everyone's cup of tea.

But we are top of the expected goals table and should have won every goal on xG.

Clearly we were the better team at Barnsley and should have won that one, not so sure we deserved a win at QPR though

2021-09-15-101.png

Sky Blue Pete

Main thing shows for me is it’s not a fluke we are winning these games. Also the Collins miss alone probably makes the 1.4 on the conceded part

fernandopartridge

Now firstly I know expected goals is not everyone's cup of tea.

But we are top of the expected goals table and should have won every goal on xG.

Clearly we were the better team at Barnsley and should have won that one, not so sure we deserved a win at QPR though

2021-09-15-101.png

The logic on the expected goals against is the wrong way round. It should be green negative and red positive for that measure.

Happy_Martian

QPR would have been a different game if we'd taken our first half chances. Instead, once QPR got their first, we had to change impetus (and our two strikers ??!!) to get back into it.

cooperskyblue

I think you always have to take Xg with a pinch of salt. However I distinctly remember last season being like 25 games in and we hadn't got a single win on the Xg table.
So there certainly is a massive upturn in our chance creation and defensive solidity.

Users who are viewing this thread