Exeter JPT (1 Viewer)

Otis

Yep. But wasn't it only a fiver against Burton?

How few of us were there, there that day?

stupot07

Yes it was £5, and there was just shy of 5.5k there. Great penalty shoutout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

H

Huckerby

Yes it was £5, and there was just shy of 5.5k there. Great penalty shoutout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Haha I went there...didn't Joe Murphy score the winner?

theferret

I don't see what your point is Otis. It was Burton is the first round of the JPT - fiver or not, people were never going to flock to that.

It was a fiver against Sheff Utd and Preston - and the crowds grew as we progressed, culminating in a full house - also for a fiver.

Just because setting prices low doesn't guarantee a massive turnout doesn't mean they shouldn't do it, of course they should. Cup games, especially the JPT (which doesn't really mean anything until the area final stage), are a bonus and are the perfect opportunity to set prices low to encourage a few people in who might not otherwise bother. The thing I remember about that run more than anything was how many kids were in the ground for those games. That's a good thing.

Gint11

Nice tie for us to progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ashdown

It's the only cup that this club could realistically win at the moment and bag a few quid in the process. I went to all the home matches last time at the Ricoh and I'll go to this game for a night out !

pusbccfc

I think we could get 15k-20k with £5 quid a ticket.

RoboCCFC90

Fantastic draw! I wanted Exeter home/away from the offset, I hope the Club make the effort with the prices, being a Tuesday/Wednesday night attendances might drop but if we can get 7,500+ that would be good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

I don't see what your point is Otis. It was Burton is the first round of the JPT - fiver or not, people were never going to flock to that.

It was a fiver against Sheff Utd and Preston - and the crowds grew as we progressed, culminating in a full house - also for a fiver.

Just because setting prices low doesn't guarantee a massive turnout doesn't mean they shouldn't do it, of course they should. Cup games, especially the JPT (which doesn't really mean anything until the area final stage), are a bonus and are the perfect opportunity to set prices low to encourage a few people in who might not otherwise bother. The thing I remember about that run more than anything was how many kids were in the ground for those games. That's a good thing.

For many City fans the price of tickets is an issue and I'm sure many, many thousands can't usually afford to go, or justify going up.

At £5 a ticket that just about makes it affordable for all. At £5 a ticket we should be getting well over 5,000 easily, whoever we play.

Users who are viewing this thread