Match Thread Exeter City (a) 29th July (2 Viewers)

Ccfcisparks

Cba to read. What's he said?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
“Everyone wants him to stay and it’s down to him. At the end of the day, he’s a human being and he has his own ideas.

“He’s been brilliant for us we have to try and keep gold of him if we can. It’s in his hands, we want to keep him the supporters have made their voices clear.

“He has a good rapport with all the supporters, staff and players and if he does move on it will hurt him for a while, there’s no doubt, because he will miss it.

“You have to look and say he has been phenomenal for us for three years and has got better and better each season and last year he single handedly got us into the play-offs and into promotion contenders.”

Balli001

Cba to read. What's he said?

Gustavo Hamer…
“Everyone wants him to stay and it’s down to him. At the end of the day, he’s a human being and he has his own ideas.
“He’s been brilliant for us we have to try and keep gold of him if we can. It’s in his hands, we want to keep him the supporters have made their voices clear.
“He has a good rapport with all the supporters, staff and players and if he does move on it will hurt him for a while, there’s no doubt, because he will miss it.
“You have to look and say he has been phenomenal for us for three years and has got better and better each season and last year he single handedly got us into the play-offs and into promotion contenders

TomRad85

“You have to look and say he has been phenomenal for us for three years and has got better and better each season and last year he single handedly got us into the play-offs and into promotion contenders.”
Dunno really, sounds like he's still dawdling so Robins is sucking him off a bit to me.

fatso

Why are we criticising players before the seasons even started? None literally none of our players are half fit let alone fully fit, of course they ain’t going to be going balls out.

would you run a marathon without weeks if not months of training?
How many weeks did they have off?

Deity

Everyone likes to talk about how I rate godden , but nobody ever comes up with a solid argument as to why they think he's shit whilst the manager clearly rates him .. you aren't just disagreeing with me are you , its the manager who consistently picks him too
1) He lacks pace, 2) he lacks physicality, his movement is very good but he’s caught by defenders because of 1) & 2), he can’t keep up with our transitions, his injury record is poor. He averages 1 goal every 4 matches at championship level…..

Robins picks him because he has nothing better at the minute. That won’t be the case come the end of the Window.

Sick Boy

The comments after 1 misplaced pass , whilst other players were doing it left and right , prove its a godden thing and the respect is not there .. let's not pretend otherwise

Like somebody pointed out we hit 5th place last year with him in the team as a starter , whilst you loy were saying if we are serious about top 6 we can't start godden , couldnt make it up
I don’t think I said anything about him misplacing a pass.

TomRad85

How you going to find out if you ain't reading?
You Got Me Lol GIF by BrownSugarApp

Sky Blue Harry H

Personally don’t see MR’s comments as Hamer definitely going.

Trouble is, if he won't sign a new contract, MR knows we'll have to bite the bullet. We'd be mad to risk losing Gus in 12 months, when we could (as somebody else said) potentially buy 3 new £3m pound players to improve the overall squad now, versus naff all in 12 months.

Edit: think we will have an internal deadline, as we'll want time to recruit, in his absence.

shmmeee

Well going on his 3 more signings comment we can only assume its 2 forward players and a centre half

Think we might get someone like Dragus that can play AM or ST, if Hamer goes maybe someone who can play CM and AM. Just feels like once Palmer tires we don’t have much on the bench.

Ross1247

Main takeaways from the game for me, Hamer is essential, offers something no one else does.

Need to find a strike partner for Simms, can't fault goddens effort but he's not at the level we require to start for a top 6 push.

Playing the ball out from the back, risky business. We were put under pressure by exeter today and is didn't seem to provide us with too many opportunities.

Still good to get a late winner, that fighting spirit from last few seasons still there which is good to see.

Fysnkysc

Think we might get someone like Dragus that can play AM or ST, if Hamer goes maybe someone who can play CM and AM. Just feels like once Palmer tires we don’t have much on the bench.
Just need to keep him fit until ohare is back.

Jamesimus

Losing him would be terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I think it's more the fact that his mix of qualities are really quite unique which make him very difficult to replace. As much as several more £3 million players makes me want to fap myself into oblivion, I'd do so more if he signed a new contract.

Tommo1993

No not saying it’s definite. It’s just reading as there’s a lot outside the clubs control that is influencing hamers decision which makes it a tricky situation for us

For how good he is and had far into the window we are, I do think it’s entirely down to him weighing up his offers. Massive blow if he went. Current club, fans who love you in one ear. Another club offering a ridiculously substantial raise in a short career in the other ear.

Fysnkysc

Main takeaways from the game for me, Hamer is essential, offers something no one else does.

Need to find a strike partner for Simms, can't fault goddens effort but he's not at the level we require to start for a top 6 push.

Playing the ball out from the back, risky business. We were put under pressure by exeter today and is didn't seem to provide us with too many opportunities.

Still good to get a late winner, that fighting spirit from last few seasons still there which is good to see.
If godden isn’t up to scratch neither is simms.

Balli001

It's difficult without allen for sure. I agree tho 1 St 1 AM seems likely

Ccfcisparks

For how good he is and had far into the window we are, I do think it’s entirely down to him weighing up his offers. Massive blow if he went. Current club, fans who love you in one ear. Another club offering a ridiculously substantial raise in a short career in the other ear.
It’s a difficult one. I think if he was to go, it would be in the last week of the window and we would sign a replacement ahead of time.

Users who are viewing this thread