EXCLUSIVE: Coventry City chairman Tim Fisher dismisses takeover rumours and insists Mark... (3 Viewers)

shmmeee

We had 17,000 at as league game last season.

Sorry but the new stadium impact massively heightened crowds to an artificial level that's was already starting to decline. There is a natural trend of decline every year and a sharp steep in the relegation year

A natural championship level for is was always 14,000.

What's an "artificial level"?

If you do badly, your crowds erode, God knows what happens if you don't, our last data point was 50 years ago and both the city and the game have changed immeasurably since then.

You simply can't say what a "natural level" is. I can as easily claim it's 20k as you can it's 14k as a Sisu can it's 12k.

Until we have an actual successful season and not half a season then a collapse, or a run up the league when it's far too late (Mowbray and Adams respectively), we are all just sticking our finger in the air and guessing.

I choose to believe that a one club town, with a fair amount of reasonably well off surrounding towns, has the potential to see crowds of 20k+ in the upper levels of the Championship and higher in the Prem.

You, as ever, choose to believe the most negative interpretation.

shy_tall_knight

What's an "artificial level"?

If you do badly, your crowds erode, God knows what happens if you don't, our last data point was 50 years ago and both the city and the game have changed immeasurably since then.

You simply can't say what a "natural level" is. I can as easily claim it's 20k as you can it's 14k as a Sisu can it's 12k.

Until we have an actual successful season and not half a season then a collapse, or a run up the league when it's far too late (Mowbray and Adams respectively), we are all just sticking our finger in the air and guessing.

I choose to believe that a one club town, with a fair amount of reasonably well off surrounding towns, has the potential to see crowds of 20k+ in the upper levels of the Championship and higher in the Prem.

You, as ever, choose to believe the most negative interpretation.
Grendel loves to blame the fans more than the owners

Users who are viewing this thread