Exciting times for all skyblues (1 Viewer)

skyblue_55

February & we are looking at the prospect of edging onto 5th place in the league , a hopeful bumper crowd at home in the FA cup & who knows as to wether one or two possible appearances at Wembley to add to another progressive campaign.
Come on City 👍

SkyBlueSoul

From The Athletic, didn't feel it deserved it's own thread but a nice stat at the end that I wasn't aware of.

Coventry’s record scoring run​

Keep your eyes on Coventry City — one of the Championship’s in-form sides.

They continued their impressive run away at Stoke, with an Ellis Simms strike giving Mark Robins’ side all three points.

Coventry have only lost once in the league since December 2, winning eight and drawing five.

They reached the play-off final last season, losing to Luton Town on penalties, and appear to be making another late push this time around. They occupy the final play-off position, above Norwich City and Hull City on goal difference.

Five points separate West Bromwich Albion in fifth and Sunderland in 10th — the fact it’s so tight means goal difference could be the deciding factor. Good thing for Coventry, then, that they appear to have goals in abundance.

Saturday was the 17th game in a row in which they have scored — their best run since 1967.

HadjiChippo

Back page of Saturday’s Stoke Sentinel
We’ve definitely got one of the best managers in the country (definitely in the top 5 outside the premier league, and better than a few in it). Not many could rebuild a club from the bottom on a shoestring the way he has for us.

Players can come and go, it’s Robins leaving that gives me nightmares.

Astute

We’ve definitely got one of the best managers in the country (definitely in the top 5 outside the premier league, and better than a few in it). Not many could rebuild a club from the bottom on a shoestring the way he has for us.

Players can come and go, it’s Robins leaving that gives me nightmares.
I would go as far as the best outside the Prem.

He hasn't just taken us from League 2 to being so close last season. Twice we have had to play without a proper home game. Having players sold at a bad time like last season with Hyam. Normally about the lowest budget. And the squad he took over was not very good at all and that's being polite.

Has anyone forgotten how we looked more likely to be relegated from the football league than to get promoted that season? We're so lucky to have him.

Skybluecol

I would go as far as the best outside the Prem.

He hasn't just taken us from League 2 to being so close last season. Twice we have had to play without a proper home game. Having players sold at a bad time like last season with Hyam. Normally about the lowest budget. And the squad he took over was not very good at all and that's being polite.

Has anyone forgotten how we looked more likely to be relegated from the football league than to get promoted that season? We're so lucky to have him.
My biggest fear of our club is losing him.....nothing else. The day will come.....I just hope it's a long way off 🤞

Users who are viewing this thread