Excellent :D (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Quote from the sun :

Sammy clingan, after being dumped by Coventry, is being handed a career lifeline from Doncaster Rovers, a short term contract.

Going up in the world then Sideways ;)

Nick

Administrator
We didn't dump him though did we? He dumped us?

I wonder why Charlton didn't want him.

Grendel

I heard a while ago the only offers he has had are from Hibs and also one other Scots Premier Club who offered him less than half what he was getting with us.

aodea

read that today alright. Madness how long it has taken him to find a club. we hardly dumped himhe asked for too much.

hill83

Good luck to him, although I say that with a small amount of smugness for turning us down.

Nick

Administrator
Sounds like another Mifsud situation. I wonder if he regrets not taking us up on our offer?

Sick Boy

Quote from the sun :

Sammy clingan, after being dumped by Coventry, is being handed a career lifeline from Doncaster Rovers, a short term contract.

Going up in the world then Sideways ;)

He actually dumped us.

Is this the same Doncaster who very nearly have double the amount of points as us? The same Doncaster who are in a promotion battle as opposed to a relegation battle?

Indeed, it seems that he is going up in the world then.

SBS

Clingan was average when he had decent players around him. When it was time to step up last season, he bottled it and was shown up by Norwood. If we'd had King and Norwood in the same season we would have flourished I reckon.

Evans1883

Norwood was better..bailey is better..clingan was one of the most overrated players to ever don skyblue

Last edited:

Otis

Would guess that there has been very little interest in him because clubs sent scouts to watch him play last season and saw just how poor he was for us.

I'm sure every scout went back to their clubs and told them that the last thing they should do is to sign this player.

SuperCov

Would guess that there has been very little interest in him because clubs sent scouts to watch him play last season and saw just how poor he was for us.

I'm sure every scout went back to their clubs and told them that the last thing they should do is to sign this player.

Exactly. When you're in the 'shop window' (last year of your contract etc) you make yourself look bloody awesome, he didn't do this.

rob9872

Sounds very much like a sideways move for a sideways player. Very apt

SkyBlue_Bear83

I would have him back on half his wage he was being paid originally, not as captain and not as a guaranteed first team player though

cloughie

He actually dumped us.

Is this the same Doncaster who very nearly have double the amount of points as us? The same Doncaster who are in a promotion battle as opposed to a relegation battle?

Indeed, it seems that he is going up in the world then.

he hasn't got a contract yet so he has gone no where and he will only be going up in the world should he equal or improve on the wage we paid him.

higher wages, That won't happen, so a downward step in job terms. even if he actually gets a contract

torchomatic

He should have stayed and played for us. He was stupid to leave. Cranie was the same really but at least he did get a club. Only Keogh from the Big Three did OK out of their post-relegation hissy fit.

Sick Boy

he will only be going up in the world should he equal or improve on the wage we paid him.

So, if a player was to sign for a club in a higher league on slightly less wages than a team from a league below was paying them, it would be a step backwards?

Obviously I understand that Donny are in the same league but they seem to have a very realistic chance of promotion in comparison to us.

Clingan was useless. Never encouraged his players, never went forward, shit passer, slow and he was a traitor. Glad he's f***ed up his career

Users who are viewing this thread