Excel (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone know an easy way to find the dead centre of an Excel spreadsheet, so the one A4 page will then print out as two A4 pages, thus making an A3 printout.

That make sense?

I have a spreadsheet. Currently A4, but want to split it in two, so it is symmetrical and will print out as two halves, that when pushed together, will be one A3 sheet.

Is there a simple way?

Otis

I can copy the sheet to another sheet.

Columns are all.different widths so I can't be arsed to try and work it out.

Is there an instant way to split it in two, dead down the centre?

Otis

Differing widths and lengths though

Doing it by trial and error at the moment.

Otis

Using print preview and widening columns and rows to try and find the dead centre that way.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Pixel count and divide by two. It'll take days but hey, I'm no mathmact mathmeshion mashmethician adder-upper! 🤔

Otis

can't you just do a 'set print area' on 6 x 12 rows and make it print a4
I tried that. Couldn't remember how to manually enter the print area and I couldn't select it, as some of the rows were merged. Done it anyway. Cheers, Fernando. Thanks for the input.

rob9872

If your only requirement is for a hard copy, then use two separate tabs and print individually then join them.

Otis

It's what J have done, Rob. I just wanted them an exact match if possible. Text goes across cells and I was trying to get it so looked pretty cool together or in two parts.

rob9872

It's what J have done, Rob. I just wanted them an exact match if possible. Text goes across cells and I was trying to get it so looked pretty cool together or in two parts.
No probs if you're sorted, but if you need anything else PM me and I'll send you my email address so you can send files. If you let me know what you need I can sort during my 'working day' then ping it back to you.

Otis

Yes. Great

I used to be pretty good on Excel, but I am embarrassed to say, I haven't used it for over 25 years. 😱

Kneeza

Yes. Great

I used to be pretty good on Excel, but I am embarrassed to say, I haven't used it for over 25 years. 😱
I detest it. I used to be very proficient in both Word and Access, but it's all probably changed since I retired ten years ago.
Excel was always to be avoided by numeric dummies like me.

Houchens Head

I detest it. I used to be very proficient in both Word and Access, but it's all probably changed since I retired ten years ago.
Excel was always to be avoided by numeric dummies like me.
I use Word most days at home. But when I was working (oh happy days!) I worked at Rolls Royce, Ansty. They used their own system called SAP. Confusing as hell at first, but over the years I doddled it. So much so, that people who were supposed to be far more superior to me in the company, were phoning me in my office to ask how they do such and such in SAP. And these were people who were on probably twice my salary!

Kneeza

I use Word most days at home. But when I was working (oh happy days!) I worked at Rolls Royce, Ansty. They used their own system called SAP. Confusing as hell at first, but over the years I doddled it. So much so, that people who were supposed to be far more superior to me in the company, were phoning me in my office to ask how they do such and such in SAP. And these were people who were on probably twice my salary!
Isn't that some kind of resource planning fibbertigib? I seem to recall it being used elsewhere. Don't think it's specific to Royce, although they probably had their own custom GUI.
Unless I'm goong even dafter...

Liquid Gold

I thought it was database software. I used it at a job for a while and they sponsored the pitch side advertising at Man City so match of the day always reminded me of work.

Houchens Head

Isn't that some kind of resource planning fibbertigib? I seem to recall it being used elsewhere. Don't think it's specific to Royce, although they probably had their own custom GUI.
It may well have been commercially available. I just remember it as being used with all Rolls-Royce parts, sales etc, from a small washer to an RB211 engine. Nothing left the plant without going through me basically. I was in charge of about £35million of stock in the warehouse. I was connected to every Rolls-Royce plant world-wide, including Mount Vernon USA, Saudi Arabia, Baku in Azerbaijan, Australia, etc. Also energy plants throughout the world, e.g. gas pipelines, gas turbines.
My old computer screen at Ansty.......
My PC at Rolls-Royce.jpg

shmmeee

SAP is a data analysis tool I think we did a lesson on it at uni (hilarious, we’d all finished and a week later the tutor emails us going “come in for a SAP lesson, I forgot to teach it to you and it’s pretty important”).

@Otis don’t use a spreadsheet package to do desktop publishing.

Otis

SAP is a data analysis tool I think we did a lesson on it at uni (hilarious, we’d all finished and a week later the tutor emails us going “come in for a SAP lesson, I forgot to teach it to you and it’s pretty important”).

@Otis don’t use a spreadsheet package to do desktop publishing.
It's just easier than Word.

I do have Publisher too.

I have created a boardgame and because it has lots of pages with all the same row and column sizes and repeated data, I just found it much easier to copy and paste etc.

shmmeee

It's just easier than Word.

I do have Publisher too.

I have created a boardgame and because it has lots of pages with all the same row and column sizes and repeated data, I just found it much easier to copy and paste etc.

What’s the board game about?

Otis

What’s the board game about?

Nosy.

😜

It's about staging a theatre production from scratch. So you start as a theatre company holding auditions, you recruit actors, then find a plot of land, then build a theatre and then sell tickets for the show. It's all a bit cutthroat though, as you are competing with the other production companies (players), who are also trying to do the same, and they can steal your actors and knock down your buildings and take your ticket sales. It's as much about trying to stop them, as it is, trying to get on yourself.

I've done it all in just five days though, so am working through it to see how it plays out and what works and what doesn't. Each row and column has slightly different gameplay and uses different dice

Played it once with friends and they really liked it and I didn't even have to pay them any money to say that.

Early days yet though and we haven't even managed to get round the whole board yet

Users who are viewing this thread