Ex Player Watch (11 Viewers)

slowpoke

Used to live by me he’s a real nice chap would often stop & chat so pleased for him his career has blossomed again.

The Philosopher

I suggested we kept Jones on the basis of loaning him out. Got laughed at.

We sunk a lot of money into keeping him on and rehabilitating him. Was an odd decision to just write it off. His attitude seemed right and he wouldn’t have needed huge wages.

Sunk cost, low cost risk with a big potential upswing? Odd to let him go. Maybe a formation thing. Anyway.

Slightly different subject:

Would a chasing L1 club or struggling Champ club throw half a million at NCFC right now? I can see someone taking a punt.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

When do our fans stop calling for the return of ex players…

Jones is doing well and fair play to him for rebuilding his career but he is playing in league 2

We are aiming for top 6 of the championship with half an eye on the prem.

Move on
If he had been kept on I think he'd have been a good player to have around the squad, and useful in the formation.

But as he's not I'm not going to be beating the drum for his return.

covcity4life

Maatsen has started really well at Dortmund, great assist at the weekend too
Was going to post this. Won't stop fans jumping in the next young kid tho

Always use the excuse of well he ain't good enough right now lol

Which would be fine if talking about the team but usually it's posters saying the actual player is crap when they clearly ain't

Mucca Mad Boys

I popped to a local non-league game last night, Maidenhead United v Ebbsfleet United both fighting for Vanarana National survival.

It ended 1-0 to Ebbsfleet, and the match winner? Our old loanee Dominic Samuel!

Ebbsfleet had some good players of yesteryear too! Dominic Poleon (ex-Leeds) and Jordan Ibe was an unused sub!

It was poignant moment watching that game because it got me thinking that 6 season ago we were only one league above that!

It was my first non-league football experience, it was a terrible standard but a good craic! Would 100% go again!

ovduk78

Adaramola has joined Belgian side RWDM on loan for rest of season, see if he can stay there longer than 2 weeks

harvey098

I popped to a local non-league game last night, Maidenhead United v Ebbsfleet United both fighting for Vanarana National survival.

Ebbsfleet had some good players of yesteryear too! Dominic Poleon (ex-Leeds) and Jordan Ibe was an unused sub!

It was poignant moment watching that game because it got me thinking that 6 season ago we were only one league above that!

It was my first non-league football experience, it was a terrible standard but a good craic! Would 100% go again!
Jeez didn’t realise Samuel dropped that low. I remember being disappointed that we didn’t get him on a permanent at the time.

Jordan Ibe is a peculiar case too.

Martin180

Didn’t Jordan Ibe sign for Bournemouth for a considerable fee?

Mucca Mad Boys

Didn’t Jordan Ibe sign for Bournemouth for a considerable fee?
Jeez didn’t realise Samuel dropped that low. I remember being disappointed that we didn’t get him on a permanent at the time.

Jordan Ibe is a peculiar case too.

He was a £15m player once upon a time and at 28, he was an unused sub at a struggling 5th team. It’s wild.

Likewise, Samuel was on the bench for Fleet. He’s only 29!

Happy_Martian

Looks like the new Forest Green manager is trying something new with Dabz :oops: Good luck to the guy, his pace will certainly help in those forward areas.

1706369535271.png

Users who are viewing this thread