Ex Player Watch (13 Viewers)

covcity4life

Just saw some Portuguese lad on twitter saying he can already see Gyokeres is too good for the league and another replies to say enjoy it while it lasts because he'll only be there for one season

🤑🤑🤑
Do we definitely have a sell on clause?

Grendel

He has been... for us.

I know it's a remarkable thing that a player's career waxes and wanes, and you can't judge what was by what is, but there you go

Its a very predictable line with him

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

Sky Blue Pete

He has been... for us.

I know it's a remarkable thing that a player's career waxes and wanes, and you can't judge what was by what is, but there you go
That’s not the same though for instance simms isn’t as good as wright currently but simms has and will play in the premier league not sure wright will

Grendel

I think he was better than Bidwell that season, and I think Robins thought so too.

Again, that's not a criticism of Bidwell.

You keep saying “not a criticism” when it clearly is. The one game robins played esbrand over him we were subjected to tiresome emojis and the comment “robins really hates Bidwell doesn’t he”

PVA

You keep saying “not a criticism” when it clearly is. The one game robins played esbrand over him we were subjected to tiresome emojis and the comment “robins really hates Bidwell doesn’t he”

How is it?

I can say I think Messi is better than Ronaldo, doesn't mean I'm criticising Ronaldo ffs.

Grendel

How is it?

I can say I think Messi is better than Ronaldo, doesn't mean I'm criticising Ronaldo ffs.

The fact that you said “robins clearly hates bidwell” which was stupid

The fact when we signed that loser from Crystal Palace you said he’d be taking Bidwells place

Anyone can try and make caveats

it’s what Danny does as well but it doesn’t mean they are true

It’s just examples of your desire to be popular and accepted with a forum group

Grendel

What the fuck are you on about? Absolute weirdo 😂

It’s a desire for acceptance by trying to caveat any negativity

Not too hard to work out 👍👍👍

• Haha
Reactions: PVA

procdoc

We were an early part of Maatsen’s development like Charlton were the season before. He was nowhere near the finished article but he was still good for us. I said at the time he will develop into a quality player. He then played most weeks for Burnley, who went on to achieve the league title and 100 points.
Im not saying he will become world class or even break into the Chelsea team on a regular basis, however he will have career in Europe’s top leagues and will no doubt become a full international for Holland.

PVA

We were an early part of Maatsen’s development like Charlton were the season before. He was nowhere near the finished article but he was still good for us. I said at the time he will develop into a quality player. He then played most weeks for Burnley, who went on to achieve the league title and 100 points.
Im not saying he will become world class or even break into the Chelsea team on a regular basis, however he will have career in Europe’s top leagues and will no doubt become a full international for Holland.

Yeah Chelsea are going to offer him a new contract. West Ham and Ajax are interested in a loan once he signs the new deal. He has a great future I think.

NorthernWisdom

The modern day Van Aanholt

Happy_Martian

Assuming if transfer hits 24m then it goes from 15 to 10 percent

Look forward to seeing him smash it every week then and be sold for 30m plus

Could buy us one player outright.

Sorry CC4L, just saw this.

Think I'm correct in thinking €24M is what the deal was for him going from us to them.

The new deal has a €100M release clause. This could get exciting if he tears up Europe like they think he will.

1692003158788.png
1692003194153.png

And I've now just read the rest of the thread and @COVKIDSNEVERQUIT has already pointed this out..... D'oh !

1692003502208.png

The Philosopher

If that's his level, no offence to him, but that was a (low cost) gamble that never had a chance of paying off.
Sometimes these gambles work (McCallum) sometimes they don’t.

To say there was never a chance of it paying off isn’t quite true - you never know.

The next stage of our development model should be to expand our u23 / u21 groups with outbound loan opportunities for several youngsters.

There are rough diamonds out there, and as MR said yesterday - we have a development model in place.

The Abel Alabi gamble should be seen as a positive- better to try and not succeed than to not bother.

The Philosopher

Sorry CC4L, just saw this.

Think I'm correct in thinking €24M is what the deal was for him going from us to them.

The new deal has a €100M release clause. This could get exciting if he tears up Europe like they think he will.

View attachment 31447
View attachment 31448
Maybe that means that if they pay the 4m add in then the sell on is 10% of the capital gain (as such)?

So, if they win league or he gets 20 goals and they pay the 4m, sell him for 44m, we get 10% of 20m uplift/cap gain?

Happy_Martian

The modern day Van Aanholt

PVA now well established in the PSV Eindhoven team. And he's 32 !!! Incredible how fast he's aged. Or did we really have him here a decade ago ?

Users who are viewing this thread