Ex Player Watch (29 Viewers)

baldy

Think it was a different Bigirimana unfortunately...

It was yeah - Abedi Bigirimana (Berahino was also on the scoresheet for them - forgot he was still around,seems older than 29)

skyblue025

Didn’t his studs get caught in the ground or something like that? I don’t think it was the actual challenge that did it, it was a freak accident.
There still would have to be excessive force applied to do that amount of damage. We aren't talking an ankle fracture where the socket can go but half of the lower limb facing 180 degrees the wrong way.
I can't think of a more serious impact injury during a game. How many times have you seen a groundsman have to come on to wash blood away with buckets of water?

Brighton Sky Blue

There still would have to be excessive force applied to do that amount of damage. We aren't talking an ankle fracture where the socket can go but half of the lower limb facing 180 degrees the wrong way.
I can't think of a more serious impact injury during a game. How many times have you seen a groundsman have to come on to wash blood away with buckets of water?
What that prick Summerbee did to Froggatt wasn't far off

Sick Boy

From what I remember it was due to Irwin and McClair challenging him at the same time coming from different directions - I don’t think there was any malice in it.

skyblue025

From what I remember it was due to Irwin and McClair challenging him at the same time coming from different directions - I don’t think there was any malice in it.
I'm sure they didn't try to break his leg. However Mclair is off his feet studs up. A red card in today's game.

Happy_Martian

I'm sure they didn't try to break his leg. However Mclair is off his feet studs up. A red card in today's game.

Just remember Rob Gurneys (??!!) radio commentary and seeing the footage at the time. Irwins foot planted next to Dave's standing leg and stopped any movement of his foot goalward. McClair came in from the other side with his foot raised. Bussty's leg had nowhere to go. I still to this day have no idea what McClair was intending to do as his foot was way above the ball height. Terrible, appalling injury.

CovBrummie94

Starting following Dorking’s results after watching Bunch of Amateurs on YouTube. Jamie Reckord and Jordan Maguire-Drew played for Yeovil who lost 1-0 to Dorking today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread