Ex Player Watch (11 Viewers)

Gibbo

No.2. GK's seem to have a canny knack of extending their career far long than their ability warrants. I think eventually they get found out pretty quickly though once they're called upon.

Hardly a surprise he's signed for Stratford Town. He was nowhere near the standard required of league football.
A rare Robbins complete blooper?

Terry Gibson's perm

Just been reading that idiot Waggott talking about Armstrong and the value of £30 million and what would be the point in selling as it would only go towards covering operating losses but I bet they are one of the first clubs with the begging bowl out if any cash comes from the prem

87 n all that

Just been reading that idiot Waggott talking about Armstrong and the value of £30 million and what would be the point in selling as it would only go towards covering operating losses but I bet they are one of the first clubs with the begging bowl out if any cash comes from the prem
There needs to be some sort of rule that means Prem clubs have to loan out their decent younger players who can’t get near the first team to EFL clubs and foot the wages. Some of them may already do this but the EFL needs some bailing out. Doubt Prem clubs will do it with cash.

Terry Gibson's perm

There needs to be some sort of rule that means Prem clubs have to loan out their decent younger players who can’t get near the first team to EFL clubs and foot the wages. Some of them may already do this but the EFL needs some bailing out. Doubt Prem clubs will do it with cash.

At the moment you have to pay a fee to get some of them so it would be a big change

no_loyalty

Kieran Westwood back as Sheff Wednesday number one, now Monk has been sacked.

SlowerThanPlatt

from the bits I have seen this guy must have a great agent to have kept him in the pro game until 23

It’s a numbers game, small outlay on a bunch of players to find “the one”. Sheaf, Pask, Dabo, O’Hare all at big Premier League clubs until 21/22

The best example is Luke Garbutt who was contracted to Everton until this summer. He’s 27 and signed for Blackpool

Last edited:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

That'd be a decent compromise for this situation. It's indirect aid by cutting wage bills and the big clubs will benefit from it long term. Would need the EFL to relax the loans in matchday squad rules though.

Of course for it to be effective with costs it'd mean very loan heavy squads in the EFL which long term would leave teams without a strong core of contracted players.

SleepyGinger

Bright going on trial with Peterborough

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Up there technically with the bestI’ve seen for us in the last decade. Almost carried a very average team to the play offs single handedly, shame because he clearly can’t be arsed.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

Matthew Pennington who was on loan to us in 2014 is now 26 and still playing for Everton’s 23s

He must be thinking maybe it’s not going to happen for me here? He must have had a good life been in the first team squad for 7 years for his 7 games

Users who are viewing this thread