Ex Player Watch (17 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Or short sighted biased football fans maybe?
th

SkyBlueCRJ

cant beleieve some of our fans couldnt see his quality just because end product lacking

I think fans saw his quality but come on you can't just ignore his inability to do anything significant in the final third when he's an attacking player. His lack of quality in front of goal was appalling.

covcity4life

Did we? Albeit he would've probably been a better inclusion than Cole, but I doubt he would've done much to change our fortunes when he barely scored or assisted during his time with us. He was all flare no bite.
he went and we had a poor 2nd half to season. we defo missed him

i bet you hate luke thomas too right now, hardly scores or assists,completley miss how his pace scares defences and make sus a threat

stevefloyd

You baiting again Mr 4l? I liked Kent because at worst he occupied opposing defenders the same as Thomas whos pace is frightening and drags at least 2 players towards him maybe the end product isnt there at the minute but his tracking back and tackling is a great help

SkyBlueCRJ

he went and we had a poor 2nd half to season. we defo missed him

i bet you hate luke thomas too right now, hardly scores or assists,completley miss how his pace scares defences and make sus a threat

But what evidence could you provide that suggests he would've improved our fortunes during that slump. His lack of end product was exposed at Barnsley, Freiburg and Bristol City after his spell with us, albeit at a higher level, but the principle remains the same he couldn't make a difference. Similarly, you suggest that his end product has been revolutionised but he's only seemed to find form in the SPL during his career to date. Hardly the best standard is it. Probably on par with League One, and he's playing in one of the best sides in that league and he's still only scored 3 goals in 18 games. Players like Kent can scare the opposition until the cows come home but until his still ineffective as he's constantly guilting of gifting the ball away to the opposition by making unnecessary dibbles, or making unnecessary/poor crosses.

Where have I said I hated Thomas? His end product obviously needs work, and clearly you think so as well otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it.

covcity4life

But what evidence could you provide that suggests he would've improved our fortunes during that slump. His lack of end product was exposed at Barnsley, Freiburg and Bristol City after his spell with us, albeit at a higher level, but the principle remains the same he couldn't make a difference. Similarly, you suggest that his end product has been revolutionised but he's only seemed to find form in the SPL during his career to date. Hardly the best standard is it. Probably on par with League One, and he's playing in one of the best sides in that league and he's still only scored 3 goals in 18 games. Players like Kent can scare the opposition until the cows come home but until his still ineffective as he's constantly guilting of gifting the ball away to the opposition by making unnecessary dibbles, or making unnecessary/poor crosses.

Where have I said I hated Thomas? His end product obviously needs work, and clearly you think so as well otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned it.
and i want to keep luke thomas, do you?

SkyBlueCRJ

and i want to keep luke thomas, do you?

I'd like to keep him but do I think he would warrant a start once Jodi Jones returns to full fitness? Then the answer is no, as I think Thomas would be far more effective off the bench when defenders tire in the final 20 minutes. But Derby aren't loaning us their player for him to be a benchwarmer so I doubt we have such a luxury.

covcity4life

I'd like to keep him but do I think he would warrant a start once Jodi Jones returns to full fitness? Then the answer is no, as I think Thomas would be far more effective off the bench when defenders tire in the final 20 minutes. But Derby aren't loaning us their player for him to be a benchwarmer so I doubt we have such a luxury.
Ok fair enough

I would like to see them both utilised as a test. Move Thomas to left

Nonleagueherewecome

I think my post has gone over your head, that's exactly my point
Well, if you will utilise the lowest form of wit, I'm not going to miss an open goal, am I?

Insert Cody pun *here*.

ceetee

What I find ironic is people criticising young kids learning their game for having no end product, but cutting lots of slack for Chaplin who hasn't demonstrated very much end product yet, and has missed more chances than Max Biamou did when he was much maligned

Adge

What I find ironic is people criticising young kids learning their game for having no end product, but cutting lots of slack for Chaplin who hasn't demonstrated very much end product yet, and has missed more chances than Max Biamou did when he was much maligned
Why? Should they get a free ride then? You’re right about Chaplin though.

fernandopartridge

He's a young kid himself you douche

covcity4life

Bring mcnukty back in Jan on loan if possible. Would help all parties involved.

Don't think it means we stuck in past. It could be a bargain that's all.

covcity4life

Would you drop Chaplin to accommodate him then?
Can't say as January is 2.5 months away

It's not about dropping. We play loads of games. Just a rotation option could be huge be it because players tired or playing poor

And if mcnukty gets in starting 11 because he's better then the club will be the ones benefitting

Warwickhunt

got to many add on's to bring him back IMHO, built into the budgets

Cov kid 55

I understand what your saying, but is there not room for both Thomas and Jones, as we finished last night? I don’t think Jones is near full fitness yet, so Thomas is vital to us, and as with Sterling, I think Thomas will get better and better with more game time. We will miss him if he is recalled.

SkyBlueCRJ

I understand what your saying, but is there not room for both Thomas and Jones, as we finished last night? I don’t think Jones is near full fitness yet, so Thomas is vital to us, and as with Sterling, I think Thomas will get better and better with more game time. We will miss him if he is recalled.

Exactly, as I reiterated in another thread that having both Jones and Thomas on either flanks would leave us terribly exposed defensively as neither track back particularly well, nor are physically gifted players. Thomas has been integral to the squad as shown from last nights performance, but would I want him to start ahead of Jones come January when Jones is fully fit - which won't be too far off I might add? Then the answer is still no as I believe Jones' final product (when fully fit) is far better than Thomas'.

I agree we would miss him but I think it will come down to a battle between him and Jones for a starting spot because both need game time. Thomas won't be retained if we can't promise Derby that he'll get regular minutes and we can't expect Jones to rot on the bench for the rest of the season. It's still a long way to go until January though so we'll see. But IMO if both are to get regular minutes the formation will have to be changed - but why change it when it's going so well? It's not like it's an impossibility that both players can be on the same pitch but it's certainly food for thought for MR.

jamboy

Exactly, as I reiterated in another thread that having both Jones and Thomas on either flanks would leave us terribly exposed defensively as neither track back particularly well, nor are physically gifted players. Thomas has been integral to the squad as shown from last nights performance, but would I want him to start ahead of Jones come January when Jones is fully fit - which won't be too far off I might add? Then the answer is still no as I believe Jones' final product (when fully fit) is far better than Thomas'.

I agree we would miss him but I think it will come down to a battle between him and Jones for a starting spot because both need game time. Thomas won't be retained if we can't promise Derby that he'll get regular minutes and we can't expect Jones to rot on the bench for the rest of the season. It's still a long way to go until January though so we'll see. But IMO if both are to get regular minutes the formation will have to be changed - but why change it when it's going so well? It's not like it's an impossibility that both players can be on the same pitch but it's certainly food for thought for MR.

212 words in this post and no end product.

Users who are viewing this thread