Ex Player Watch (5 Viewers)

Grendel

In fact if you’d only sold hamer you just wouldn’t have signed Wright but all the rest and clearly you wouldn’t be spending £15m in this league as a replacement

shmmeee

We’ve not spent anything on the defence that’s actually played other than a few for Thomas - those signings would have happened anyway and we’d have had a different RWB

Thomas was £2m, Latibeaudiere was £0.9m I think, not forgetting the £4.5m we've just dropped on Kitching, and if you want to count it the £3.5m on van Ewijjk and the £1,5m on Sakamoto.

Grendel

Thomas was £2m, Latibeaudiere was £0.9m I think, not forgetting the £4.5m we've just dropped on Kitching, and if you want to count it the £3.5m on van Ewijjk and the £1,5m on Sakamoto.

Thomas wouldn’t be that much up front in the same way Simms isn’t £8m - I did say the defence that’s actually played and I can’t believe - or want to - we’ve spent nearly £5m upfront on a centre half

NorthernWisdom

Surely the point he's making is we wouldn't have signed Wright if Gyokeres had stayed, and if we assume Gyokeres was £5mil more incoming than Hamer, £2.5mil on a Hamer-lite and we'd have still had punch in attack which we currently miss?

shmmeee

Surely the point he's making is we wouldn't have signed Wright if Gyokeres had stayed, and if we assume Gyokeres was £5mil more incoming than Hamer, £2.5mil on a Hamer-lite and we'd have still had punch in attack which we currently miss?

But no one wanted Hamer until the eve of the season. And Vik wanted out.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

This is a dumb discussion - we’ve replaced Gyokeres with £11m of forwards and replaced hamer with a loanee from Brighton - replace hamer with an £11m midfielder and keep Gyokeres would be a better outcome
Would depend on who that £11m midfielder was. Replacing Gyokeres with a £15m forward could have been good, but we seem to have spent poorly. We may well have done the same with Hamer's replacement.

Evo1883

Vik scoring in Europe while the closest we get to continental competition is losing away at Cardiff

Samuel L Jackson Reaction GIF by Coming to America

Frostie

I thought the implication was that he was changing career, is he treading the boards or playing football?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Quit the pro game. Player coach now for Stratford. Will play alongside other ex CCFC alumni Jonny Ngandu, Dan Lafferty & Liam O'Brien.

Users who are viewing this thread