Ex Player Watch

Terry Gibson's perm

Mar 17, 2014
Nuneaton
I imagine that Reading will be watching this very closely as I guess they would be very happy to terminate his contract.

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011

Happy_Martian

Jan 1, 2013
James Maddison playing the last 20 mins of the Leicester vs Man City game. Just scored a 20 yarder into the top corner. Cracking strike.

Reactions: mrtrench

Cov kid 55

Aug 22, 2014
Yep, great strike, but how poor are Man City? Just invited him to shoot. Time for Gardiola to show how good he is....

mrtrench

Aug 17, 2008
Somewhere between the waitress and her table.
I've taken the plunge and bought Sky Sports after the Bmouth game was announced. It was a wonderful goal and he also made the penalty for Leicester's fifth. But Vardy's goal was even better - I encourage you to look it up. And to think he was playing non-league.

Sbarcher

Mar 23, 2011
Oxford
Colchester 0 Coventry C 1 (ex club watch)
Really West Ham but the scorer suits my comment!

Last edited:

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Mar 27, 2011
Good to see him back playing football.

Speaking of Dulwich, just saw this statement from their hosts in the FA Cup qualifying this weekend -

I mean, I shouldn't be surprised, but still, wtaf!

Sbarcher

Mar 23, 2011
Oxford
Danny Fox to East Bengal!

Warwickhunt

Nov 16, 2012
Danny Fox to East Bengal!
you are joking! i remember him missing a couple of games cos he has a dodgy stomach and does not get on with spicey food! He suffered serious bout of the Ragoon Trots, When i read that Fox was running down the left wing i shall certainly see a different minds eye picture than most :D :D :D ;)

Esoterica

Aug 21, 2013
Czech Republic
you are joking! i remember him missing a couple of games cos he has a dodgy stomach and does not get on with spicey food! He suffered serious bout of the Ragoon Trots, When i read that Fox was running down the left wing i shall certainly see a different minds eye picture than most :D :D :D ;)
Huge opportunity missed for a Foxtrots pun!

KenilworthSkyBlue

Nov 20, 2019
Can't believe Hiwula stikll doesn't have a club, would definitely score goals of a L1 side. Have Robins and Viveash broken him?
I suspect his wage demands are at the forefront of the issue. Most clubs will inevitably be running on fumes now, so his best chance of capitalising on interest was probably at the beginning of the window. Few clubs are going to be in a position to bolster their squads, certainly not with a relatively high earner anyway.

Liquid Gold

Sep 16, 2013
Brizzle
I suspect his wage demands are at the forefront of the issue. Most clubs will inevitably be running on fumes now, so his best chance of capitalising on interest was probably at the beginning of the window. Few clubs are going to be in a position to bolster their squads, certainly not with a relatively high earner anyway.
It's definitely the case but isn't it his agent's job to tell him the market isn't what it was and he'll need to take a cut.

Reactions: shmmeee

Joy Division

Jan 9, 2012
Can't believe Hiwula stikll doesn't have a club, would definitely score goals of a L1 side. Have Robins and Viveash broken him?
Not played a competitive game since November last year? At least I can't think of any further appearances after that, that's a long time out of the game and needs a club soon.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Nov 20, 2019
It's definitely the case but isn't it his agent's job to tell him the market isn't what it was and he'll need to take a cut.
The current situation is very much uncharted territory for agents as they've always been conditioned to try and get the best deal for their client. But in the current climate - especially for a player playing in League One - that is somewhere in between of difficult and nigh on impossible.

So, call me a sceptic but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the agent has advised Hiwula to 'wait it out' and only commit if demands are met, rather than go down the more sensible route. I've met a few agents in the past and I've often found that the lower down the pyramid you get, the less bright they are.

Reactions: better days

Liquid Gold

Sep 16, 2013
Brizzle
But say he wants £5k a week which is rumoured what he was on here. The best offer has been £3.5k to which he's rejected. He's had no income since the end of July now that's nearly 15 weeks or £15k. If he waits it out much longer than the total he ends up with for the year is going to be less than if he'd taken the £3.5k at the start of the window.

Reactions: TomRad85