Eviction notice (3 Viewers)

skyblueeyesrevisited

To be fair I think this is one of the few threads the tribalism hasn't kicked in.

Loads of people on it think the likes of Maton are cunts and have got stuff that needs investigating that they're desperately trying to prevent.

Also stating that the opposition had an opportunity to push that and absolutely failed to do so by walking out (and shutting up the one person who was pressing the issue) when they could have just clarified what they meant and make Maton block it to make him look like he's trying to hide something. They're just playing politics rather than actually wanting to sort this out for whatever reason - either stuff they want to hide themselves or looking to the future when they might have control of the council and be open to similar motions themselves.

Put simply, we think both parties are being arseholes.
Straight question, irrespective of what party they represent, do you really believe Maton, Duggins and Reeves are being honest?

Reactions: KAB

bigfatronssba

It doesn’t matter what we consider the council to be, what it actually is is the council. Hence the meeting being called “council”. I can consider a peanut to be a nut, but it’s not, it’s a legume. And if I was working on the biology of nuts that is an important fact regardless.

You’ve clearly got some issues, and I’ve agreed with you that Maton could and should have handled it better (as has he), but if you think the Tories were trying to hold anyone to account and not doing some shit theatre for social media I’ve got a bridge to sell you.
No fella, what we consider "the council" to be is crucial. It DOES matter what the council is.

The whole organisation that we pay tax to is "The Council"
Otherwise why would we pay tax to it?

What do you consider the council to be?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

He says he has blocked me (he hasn't) so I'm just doing the public service of pointing out he chats shit
Speaking of talking shit, you've got me blocked and when I comment on what a wanker you are you usually ask someone else what I've said.

jordan210

I know we know this from the administration report.

But a 21m loss for the public No wonder they don’t want to be questioned about it.

Last edited:

Philosorapter

They didn't do it at the time did they, they walked out in a pre planned walkout designed to get fools to applaud them.

If they had answered Maton's question they would of been able to debate it but no they even dragged out the one who tried to ask if the debate was being blocked.

Completely wrong here.

To have a recess, or whatever they call it, gives some tacit consent that there is an argument to be made from the drivel that currently being sprouted by Duggins, Maton and a few other councillors who are genuinely well past their sell by date to represent the city.

There is just no etymological argument here.

If there is, then everyone can just stop paying their council tax and use the excuse in court that we didn't know which Coventry City Council to pay it to.

shmmeee

No fella, what we consider "the council" to be is crucial. It DOES matter what the council is.

It doesn’t matter. What matters is what it actually is. Words mean things I’m afraid “fella”

shmmeee

Completely wrong here.

To have a recess, or whatever they call it, gives some tacit consent that there is an argument to be made from the drivel that currently being sprouted by Duggins, Maton and a few other councillors who are genuinely well past their sell by date to represent the city.

There is just no etymological argument here.

If there is, then everyone can just stop paying their council tax and use the excuse in court that we didn't know which Coventry City Council to pay it to.

What are you on about? Adjournments in meetings don’t give anything but adjournments.

Philosorapter

What are you on about? Adjournments in meetings don’t give anything but adjournments.

When you are talking about council adjournments; do you mean council adjournments or council adjournments?

shmmeee

When you are talking about council adjournments; do you mean council adjournments or council adjournments?

I thought you were interested in politics. Anyone with even a passing knowledge knows there are processes and terminology just like any area of law. Or are you just playing dumb for effect?

shmmeee

Would love to see some of you in court!

“Respondent!? But my name is Jeff and I haven’t responded, sometimes I’m asking things!”

Philosorapter

I thought you were interested in politics. Anyone with even a passing knowledge knows there are processes and terminology just like any area of law. Or are you just playing dumb for effect?

Because you haven't answered the question, I am going to have to terminate this conversation.

jordan210

For unpaid business rates.

Was the council giving wasps favours that goes against the standard business rate process.

As if behind on business rates and fail to keep up with payments. The right to instalments is withdrawn and you should be sent to magistrates court.

“ Since 1 April 2017, if a reminder notice is issued and you do not bring your instalments up to date within 14 days, then the right to pay by instalments will be withdrawn. If full payment is not received you will be sent a Magistrates' Court summons and you will have to pay additional court costs as well as your Business Rates charge. The Council will apply to the Court for a liability order against the account, which grants us further powers to collect the money outstanding. The account may then be issued to an Enforcement Agent, who will collect the money on our behalf, referred for insolvency proceedings or back to Magistrates' Court for committal to prison proceedings.”

Philosorapter

Thank God for that.

Last few questions.

If I am doing a freedom of information request to Coventry City Council, do I need to put in;

'Does the council or the council' at the start of the request to get information?

Can the council (either of them) reject the request for information because it wasn't clear which council I was talking about?

shmmeee

We all know it’s easy to search
Last few questions.

If I am doing a freedom of information request to Coventry City Council, do I need to put in;

'Does the council or the council' at the start of the request to get information?

Can the council (either of them) reject the request for information because it wasn't clear which council I was talking about?

Are you a councillor in a council meeting or are you being purposefully dense again?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

In the context of that debate it's doesn't matter what we think. It only mattered what the person asking the question thought in regards to their specific point.

So they could have clarified what they meant by the council to make it specific and made Maton either answer the question or block it. But they didn't. They walked out and let him off.

SBT

What rule, regulation, or procedure did the motion break?

What do you consider “the council” to be? 54 wannabe despots? Or the organisation that collects our bins (sometimes), repairs the odd pothole, and owns the freehold to the CBS Arena?

You think I’m one of the few?? Read the room mate
1670495600273.gif

Ian King on Sky News just interviewed Michael Murray (Chief Executive of Fraser Group) and at the end of the interview asked about the acquisition of CBS arena. Murray confirmed planning for company headquarters in Coventry area and made sense to invest in local sporting stadium, didn’t want to speculate on rents going or and down.
”Looking forward to working with the football club for many years to come, and want to build a positive relationship with them”

Make of that what you will 🤷‍♂️

The Philosopher

Ian King on Sky News just interviewed Michael Murray (Chief Executive of Fraser Group) and at the end of the interview asked about the acquisition of CBS arena. Murray confirmed planning for company headquarters in Coventry area and made sense to invest in local sporting stadium, didn’t want to speculate on rents going or and down.
”Looking forward to working with the football club for many years to come, and want to build a positive relationship with them”

Make of that what you will 🤷‍♂️
Making the right noises.

We as CCFC fans are fairly paranoid now.

With good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread