Eviction notice (3 Viewers)

pusbccfc

Fuck me!

People are reposting the GBNews viewer!

I'm taking a break from this forum if the GBNews viewer is getting publicity.

Annoyingly he knows an awful lot.

robbiekeane

I'm not really sure what people are seeing that i'm not here in terms of sisu being some kind of victim.

From a timeline perspective:
- FG offer a license agreement that mirrors current agreement (by that I interpret the meaning to be same term, same costs same everything...so until 2031), prior to buying the stadium
- SISU refuse to sign this. On one hand you might say you understand this if they had genuine ambitions to get the stadium, on the other you say why not just sign it and then if you get it then it's void.
- FG get the stadium
- [This bit is murkier in terms of timings etc] SISU apparently also have additional requests/counter offer with regards to the agreement which obviously requires more time to hash out.
- FG offer a new deal until the end of this season (i'm interpreting the comms as meaning same costs etc just until end of the season)
- SISU reject this
- FG issue an eviction notice

Sounds to me that SISU have tried to negotiate even more preferential terms than the current deal that they had and FG said okay if you want to talk sign the current one until the end of the season, and SISU have said no. FG have said fuck off then.

Sounds like SISU are being twats?

jamboy

More conjecture and quack analysis. How we got here…

£1.2m got Frasers exclusively, it bought off the administrators Rajnesh Mittal and Andrew Sheridan. Simon Passfield (representing the Arena companies) told the court in writing that the administrators had received four offers for the Arena. Passfield warned “liquidation would be ‘terminal’ for the companies and said if administrators were not appointed then the council might forfeit the stadium lease and employees would be made redundant”. Simon Robins (representing Frasers) told the court that unless the Arena was placed in administration, Frasers would withdraw. Robins went as far as plainly threatening that it was “not an attempt in any way to hold this court to ransom”. Judge Prentis could have taken up Robins offer/threat, but acted responsibly and decided Frasers prepackaged £17m bid for the group of companies if placed in administration was “the only, on this evidence, viable prospect for this group not entering immediate insolvent liquidation”.

As an outcome of those events, there isn’t any goodwill whatsoever between Frasers and our owners, and eviction shouldn’t come as a surprise. SISU sought to delay Frasers pre agreed deal by announcing a takeover by King less than 24 hours before the hearing. Judge Prentis said that there wasn’t “enough substance” in what King’s lawyer had said in court “to allay even the immediate fears over how this group can continue to trade”.

And don’t expect the EFL to decide that there’s “enough substance” in King’s takeover of the club either. Judge Prentis saw straight through it. And as an outcome, don’t expect the EFL to have any sympathy with our owners when we’re unable to fulfill our fixtures.

Sky Blue Pete

Got to be time for some serious organised demonstrations from the fanbase now hasn't it? Outside the council, at the games.. feck it even down sports direct 😂

I do feel like we sit by way to long where other teams fanbases kick up more visible fuss.
What are we against and who and why and what do we want?

Sky Blue Pete

I'm not really sure what people are seeing that i'm not here in terms of sisu being some kind of victim.

- FG offer a license agreement that mirrors current agreement (by that I interpret the meaning to be same term, same costs same everything...so until 2031), prior to buying the stadium
- SISU refuse to sign this. On one hand you might say you understand this if they had genuine ambitions to get the stadium, on the other you say why not just sign it and then if you get it then it's void.
- FG get the stadium
- [This bit is murkier in terms of timings etc] SISU apparently also have additional requests/counter offer with regards to the agreement which obviously requires more time to hash out.
- FG offer a new deal until the end of this season (i'm interpreting the comms as meaning same costs etc just until end of the season)
- SISU reject this

Sounds to me that SISU have tried to negotiate even more preferential terms than the current deal that they had and FG said okay if you want to talk sign the current one until the end of the season, and SISU have said no. FG have said fuck off then.

Suppose it may be best to know what the facts are before handing out blame

As always us fans are affected by decisions we had no hand in
Also ccfc are affected by parties outside of their control
Even in the scenario above it’s a leap and an aggressive one to jump to an eviction notice isn’t it?????!

Sky Blue Pete

Even in the scenario above it’s a leap and an aggressive one to jump to an eviction notice isn’t it?????!
Case in point look at the comments on the covid thread. Evidence available and yet many, including our government looked at Italy and thought nah should be fine

Sick Boy

He’s a hard nosed businessman and it’d be great to have those sort of people owning the club blah blah blah.

Sky Blue Pete

He’s a hard nosed businessman and it’d be great to have those sort of people owning the club blah blah blah.
They need to extrapolate that and I get we an abused partner in this scenario where we’ve had it so bad in terms of investment and ownership that anyone looks better but an owner that acquires the club after initially serving an eviction notice scares the shit out of me

One very easy question for fg in all this would be what conversations have taken place? If fg are refusing to talk about this then one can see why you may not sign an agreement.

It’s all bollox anyway I want reasonable mature adults talking and resolving problems and challenges. Not refusing to sign and eviction notices being thrown about. I think it’s a good sign again that ccfc / owners haven’t come out and done a tit for tat statement. Real grown ups are trying to solve the situation

theferret

Sounds to me like the club assumed the current deal would continue and would have been entirely comfortable with that. What's so outrageous about that?

Tried to.negotiate more preferential terms? That's just conjecture. There is no basis for that. The club have stated there have been no negotiations.

Frasers tore up the deal we had, have offered a worse one, and now have issued an eviction notice. Why ar people so keen to blame Coventry City for everything?

Balli001

More conjecture and quack analysis. How we got here…

£1.2m got Frasers exclusively, it bought off the administrators Rajnesh Mittal and Andrew Sheridan. Simon Passfield (representing the Arena companies) told the court in writing that the administrators had received four offers for the Arena. Passfield warned “liquidation would be ‘terminal’ for the companies and said if administrators were not appointed then the council might forfeit the stadium lease and employees would be made redundant”. Simon Robins (representing Frasers) told the court that unless the Arena was placed in administration, Frasers would withdraw. Robins went as far as plainly threatening that it was “not an attempt in any way to hold this court to ransom”. Judge Prentis could have taken up Robins offer/threat, but acted responsibly and decided Frasers prepackaged £17m bid for the group of companies if placed in administration was “the only, on this evidence, viable prospect for this group not entering immediate insolvent liquidation”.

As an outcome of those events, there isn’t any goodwill whatsoever between Frasers and our owners, and eviction shouldn’t come as a surprise. SISU sought to delay Frasers pre agreed deal by announcing a takeover by King less than 24 hours before the hearing. Judge Prentis said that there wasn’t “enough substance” in what King’s lawyer had said in court “to allay even the immediate fears over how this group can continue to trade”.

And don’t expect the EFL to decide that there’s “enough substance” in King’s takeover of the club either. Judge Prentis saw straight through it. And as an outcome, don’t expect the EFL to have any sympathy with our owners when we’re unable to fulfill our fixtures.
The judge says there wasn't substance in our stadium bid, he didn't mention the takeover and why would he? As for the takeover itself i wasn't aware you had seen enough of the details to make a judgement personally. Do enlighten us.

Balli001

- FG get the stadium
- SISU reject this

What if the negotiations involved more access to matchday related things like hospitality areas etc, ground maintenance and pitch guarantees and generally a better experience. Not asking for a lot at all just a better deal. If we accepted the same deal we would be stuck not knowing if our pitch would be good for 8 years for a start.

skyblu3sk

Sounds to me like the club assumed the current deal would continue and would have been entirely comfortable with that. What's so outrageous about that?

Tried to.negotiate more preferential terms? That's just conjecture. There is no basis for that. The club have stated there have been no negotiations.

Frasers tore up the deal we had, have offered a worse one, and now have issued an eviction notice. Why ar people so keen to blame Coventry City for everything?
As it stands we have no idea what they asked to change for example could be as low level as going back to the home changing room etc.

Sick Boy

As it stands we have no idea what they asked to change for example could be as low level as going back to the home changing room etc.
I’m sure I read something that one of the demands was to use the home changing room - I’d imagine some of the requests weren’t too dissimilar to what got proposed on the thread on here.

skyblu3sk

I’m sure I read something that one of the demands was to use the home changing room - I’d imagine some of the requests weren’t too dissimilar to what got proposed on the thread on here.
Which to be fair shouldn't be reason to tare everything up and start again.

fatso

Errrr ...... Sisu?

You have Sisu in 1 corner and Mike Ashley in another, and CCC lurking in the background
Is anyone seriously suprised that things have gone tits up so quickly?

CCFCSteve

What if the negotiations involved more access to matchday related things like hospitality areas etc, ground maintenance and pitch guarantees and generally a better experience. Not asking for a lot at all just a better deal. If we accepted the same deal we would be stuck not knowing if our pitch would be good for 8 years for a start.

But that’s the deal SISU previously signed up to for 10 years ?! If they weren’t happy with it then why sign up for such a long time originally ? Or if it was such as bad deal in retrospect, why not start building their mythical new stadium (because maybe it’s bullshit ?! Or at least has been to date) or, even, crazy as it sounds, try to buy the stadium for market value when it was available ?!

I’m no big Ashley fan as an individual but until I hear anything to the contrary, this appears to be on SISU/King (wherever the fuck he is). They should just do one

ps that’s not a rant at you Balli, just our pathetic, whiny owners who don’t take any responsibility for their actions. They’ve moved us out of the city twice and had opportunities to play the game fair and get hold of the stadium….each time messing it up in an attempt to force a cheap sale to themselves (typical hedge fund style)

Balli001

But that’s the deal SISU previously signed up to for 10 years ?! If they weren’t happy with it then why sign up for such a long time originally ? Or if it was such as bad deal in retrospect, why not start building their mythical new stadium (because maybe it’s bullshit ?! Or at least has been to date) or, even, crazy as it sounds, try to buy the stadium for market value when it was available ?!

I’m no big Ashley fan as an individual but until I hear anything to the contrary, this appears to be on SISU/King (wherever the fuck he is). They should just do one

So it is OK to remove an 8 year deal for a 6 month one then? Sorry but this isn't in the club. They were given assurances that it would remain and suddenly it doesn't.

NorthernWisdom

But that’s the deal SISU previously signed up to for 10 years ?! If they weren’t happy with it then why sign up for such a long time originally ? Or if it was such as bad deal in retrospect, why not start building their mythical new stadium (because maybe it’s bullshit ?! Or at least has been to date) or, even, crazy as it sounds, tried to buy the stadium for market value when it was available ?!

Again, it's not my area,so this might be naive but... I'd have thought, given the likes of King were studying the original deal and considering it to still be valid, and the club consider the original deal something they were happy to continue under, then the thing to do would have been to sign the mirror deal (if Frasers are being honest of course, and it genuinely was the same as that which had gone before), build relationships, and make your requests from a position of actually having a deal in place, rather than having to start from scratch.

Speedie's Head

Ashley has shown his true colours in his attitutude to football in general by this eviction. He couldn't care less for the game or the fans. I hope he's banned for life from owning a football club anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread