Eviction notice (5 Viewers)

Lord_Nampil

We seem to be forgetting FG were the only ones prepared to put
£1.2M on the table to keep ACL going.
They seem to have built a relationship as such with CCC,and agreed to give CCFC the same deal we had with Wasps.
SISU started pi***** about and would not sign the new license, why ? I doubt we will ever know.
FG then said feck you you bunch of tossers,the deal is withdrawn and here is your new deal. It’s short term while you make up your minds what you really want.
SISU have been doing this since the day they arrived. So amateurish I am surprised they are still in business.

Because FG didn’t own ACL at the time…?

stay_up_skyblues

Some good news for us Cov fans :rolleyes::D. CovTel are reporting (no actual comments, just one of their colleagues for the B'Ham Live) that we won't be back at Birmingham if the eviction actually does happen.

"It remains to be seen if the current issue can be resolved but Coventry will not be returning to St Andrew's, according to our colleagues at BirminghamLive.

"With the situation currently unresolved there has been speculation as to where Mark Robins’ team would play their home game with Swansea City on Saturday week. Despite the fact the clubs shared St Andrew’s for two seasons BirminghamLive understands that is not now on the cards," reports Blues writer Brian Dick."

So for those looking forward to a trip to Walsall, it is a possibility. But I would like to put in an alternate venue for future consideration. Villa Park :) Villa play at home in one of the European cups on Thurs 15th Dec and then again at home on Dec 26th. So if we want to have a sellout over 10K on 17th, it could be done at Villa.

Brian Dick? My god, he must have hated school.

theferret

They seem to have built a relationship as such with CCC,and agreed to give CCFC the same deal we had with Wasps.
SISU started pi***** about and would not sign the new license, why ? I doubt we will ever know.
FG then said feck you you bunch of tossers,the deal is withdrawn and here is your new deal. It’s short term while you make up your minds what you really want.
SISU have been doing this since the day they arrived. So amateurish I am surprised they are still in business.

You also seem to be forgetting that we made six figure payments to ACL just so we could fulfill our own fixtures, some of which would have paid staff salaries and covered their costs. No Goodwill for that? For sorting out the pitch?

We didn't sign the agreement for entirely obvious reasons. We'd made a bid ourselves. Why would we sign an agreement with a rival bidder ahead of the court hearing, especially when it was believed no new deal was required anyway - this was perhaps the biggest error, not realising the licence agreement was legally worthless. It seems this may have fooled the council also.

oldfiver

They put £1.2 m on the table for a deal they already had a preferred agreement to on their terms. I think the AR report says that offer was reduced before completion

He did that at Derby but they did not accept it

Covcraig@bury

CBS arena needs burning to the ground it’s been nothing but a car crash since leaving HR . As for CCC and the EFL what a bunch of wankers . I can see us getting some kind of point deduction. Players being sold . Kicked out of the league . Everyone is pissed off with this club . Just when we have a team that plays brilliantly week in week out .
it can only happen to US .

theferret

This line is irrelevant mate, entirely irrelevant. You can sign a draft a agreement with conditions precedent in it, it's pretty common.

I see your point, but we were a rival bidder.

You may argue it was too little too late and was a non-starter, but we did table an 11th hour bid ahead of the hearing. How would that have played out in court had it been revealed we had already done a deal with the same people we were bidding against.

Maybe it wouldn't have mattered. Maybe there could have been some sort of non disclosure. Maybe there was just an assumption that either no deal was needed (that seems to be the case) or that they'd offer the same deal anyway further down the line.

stupot07

Common sense. He's made a decent amount of money in his life. He's not stupid

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
If he had any common sense he wouldn't have wanted to get involved with the club in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

CDK

It is quite normal in business I think for new owners to take new property sharing agreements because in this case wasps aren't involved in the stadium any more .It needs SiSU and king being the main shareholder(if the takeover goes ahead)need to sit down and negotiate a new deal.

SKYBLUES90

- We don’t know that though? It’s common knowledge that there were several parties interested in the stadium who were offering more than what Ashley paid but due to Ashley’s exclusivity were not shown the light of day.

- FG statement stated this was offered to the club before the sale went through. Why would SISU ever sign this if they believed there was a slight chance they could get the stadium? Clearly we’re not privy to the finer details but I certainly wouldn’t go from having a 10 year deal to then excepting a 6 month deal which is on terms that are worse than our current.

This whole situation yet again stinks of dodgy under goings and once again it’s us fans that have to just accept this and try carry on as normal.

nicksar

Glad to see you know your history! Same as many films, a great film. But it's historical accuracy is..... Somewhat Liberal.
Yes it's a great film Paul :).
Let's all hope that the situation with our club can be resolved quickly,one thing's for sure though if Ashley takes over there will be no such thing as a ticket refund ...I recall many years ago buying a sweatshirt from "sports soccer"( pre sports direct days) they wouldn't refund me.

Sbarcher

I have a feeling that the EFL will be reluctant to sign off any takeover deal where the potential buyer cannot guarantee a home stadium. This has a long way to run yet.

rexo87

Common bollox
I appreciate that you have contacts within CCFC but I think you need to be a bit more open minded Pete. It seems you just take in and believe everything you are told by them. It's pretty clear King will not be our new owner

shmmeee

- We don’t know that though? It’s common knowledge that there were several parties interested in the stadium who were offering more than what Ashley paid but due to Ashley’s exclusivity were not shown the light of day.

- FG statement stated this was offered to the club before the sale went through. Why would SISU ever sign this if they believed there was a slight chance they could get the stadium? Clearly we’re not privy to the finer details but I certainly wouldn’t go from having a 10 year deal to then excepting a 6 month deal which is on terms that are worse than our current.

This whole situation yet again stinks of dodgy under goings and once again it’s us fans that have to just accept this and try carry on as normal.

Anyone could have bid when Ashley did and several other people did. Him and NEC were the only ones to not pull out and he outbid NEC. Dawkins and King turned up after the bidding process complaining they weren’t being listened to.

And the deal offered before the purchase wasn’t the six month deal, that’s the second deal after CCFC didn’t sign the first one for reasons.

Sky Blue Pete

I appreciate that you have contacts within CCFC but I think you need to be a bit more open minded Pete. It seems you just take in and believe everything you are told by them. It's pretty clear King will not be our new owner

No such thing as common sense especially in this day of no experts and everyone feeling their opinion is valid however stupid it may be.
I am very open minded. As I say I’ve no reason to doubt the statements given by ccfc and the interview with king.
You say be open minded. Show me some evidence

NorthernWisdom

SISU need to build their own stadium
Happening,

0_JS30435257.jpg

covboy9

Money is the route of all evil

We are a fucking joke of a club, Ashley is a piece of shit

The council and administration are crooked as fuck

Robins pack up your squad and take them off to a decent club

20000 fans a absolutely sick of this shit

oscillatewildly

I've not had time to wade through every post of this mammoth thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned but whilst the vast majority are assuming MA is on a mission to either distress the club in the hope of securing it cheaply or just setting out to force a new rental agreement, does anybody think he could be after a quick profit on his purchase? (100% at the very least I would imagine)
Is there anything legally to stop him selling straight away?
I'm at work still so not had the benefit of any TV/radio update.

shmmeee

I've not had time to wade through every post of this mammoth thread so forgive me if this has already been mentioned but whilst the vast majority are assuming MA is on a mission to either distress the club in the hope of securing it cheaply or just setting out to force a new rental agreement, does anybody think he could be after a quick profit on his purchase? (100% at the very least I would imagine)

Who would buy it?

oldfiver

I think there is a 12 month sell on clause

Users who are viewing this thread