Eviction notice (2 Viewers)

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Have the club got round to making a statement yet ?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

the mueller report see GIF

SBAndy

Yet when it was flagged up as a potential issue that Ashley would try and pull this kind of stunt it was dismissed as impossible

Why was the existing deal directly with Wasps and why would a new deal be directly with Frasers. Surely any deal to play at the stadium would be made with the stadium management company?

Simple fact is you don't start an eviction process because you're waiting on some paperwork

It is mentioned in Gilbert’s tweet that the agreement CCFC has is a License, not a Lease. I believe we all understood it to be a Lease for which there are very specific rules of termination. A License can be terminated by the Licensor just because they fancy it.

hopesprings

What are the chances this is just that the quarterly rent was due on the 1st December (or earlier) and has not been paid. No idea how much a quarters rent is but it would not surprise me if Sissu had not paid it as they are by all intents and purposes skint. Fraser goup as landlord entiled to their rent issu eviction notice ...perhaps they have tried talking and no one from Sissu reponded ?

ajsccfc

Newcastle online forum all full of support for our club and full of hate for Ashley as you can imagine. They really can't stand him to a degree that we may well come to appreciate..
I didn't follow them close enough to really understand why they hated him, but in the few weeks he's been here I'm starting to get an idea

Council own the freehold he can't knock it down
Jordan alludes to the council being involved in deals and permissions.
Need the EFL to make it hard for us to move , sisu can't be given any more chances

This fanbase can't handle another move anyway .. sisu need to go
They can't do nothing. They can't force us to play at a stadium that's not ours.

We are in deep shit.

if they do somehow grant us permission to play somwhere else then I can see a points deduction coming our way.
Just to clarify, are we still blaming the Wasps for this one or is it someone else?
I feel bad now for wanting them to go bust. Them gong bust has seen us become homeless 😭

Evo1883

Needs sorting ASAP though as the vultures will be circling and we will lose all our assets January for lower than expected prices

License not Lease. Didn’t spot that previously. We’re in trouble.
It was in the statements that were announced when we signed the agreement.

Manny did overlook it. It was always just a licence to play there and they were clear about that from the start.

So what happens in the event we are unable to reach an agreement?

We can't afford to refund our season ticket holders.

We can't afford to even rent another ground, that's if the EFL even grant permission to play games elsewhere

I expect them to issue a points deduction if we do move.

We were dangerously close to administration a few months ago and had to sell Hyam to cover cash flow.

We will then struggle to pay wages etc with severely reduced crowds.

I really fear for the future of our club If we don't reach an agreement with Ashley.

SBAndy

That wouldn't be the football regulator though, that would be down to the council.

Ideally, no club would be able to play in the EFL or PL if the club doesn't own the stadium. The only issue is enforcing it now so many clubs don't own their own stadium.

All stadia to be housed in CICs. 999 year leases agreed at a peppercorn rent. That could be governed by an external body.

Evo1883

So what happens in the event we are unable to reach an agreement?

We can't afford to refund our season ticket holders.

We can't afford to even rent another ground, that's if the EFL even grant permission to play games elsewhere

I expect them to issue a points deduction if we do move.

We were dangerously close to administration a few months ago and had to sell Hyam to cover cash flow.

We will then struggle to pay wages etc with severely reduced crowds.

I really fear for the future of our club If we don't reach an agreement with Ashley.

The only way this club doesn't collapse now is if sisu sell to ashley , we can't survive long term ground shares again and administration would see sisu get fuck all return anyway ..

It's time to finally do the right thing and just go ffs , agree to take the vik money or whatever and just fuck off we need a fresh start

Alan Dugdales Moustache

I didn't follow them close enough to really understand why they hated him, but in the few weeks he's been here I'm starting to get an idea
I think their hatred of him was greater than ours was at our lowest point under sisu, and they never, as fans, suffered as much as we did in terms of relegation and physical separation from our city.

Rosco19

"Newcastle online forum all full of support for our club and full of hate for Ashley as you can imagine. They really can't stand him to a degree that we may well come to appreciate"

He got it so wrong at Newcastle and things could have been so different all he wanted was the £170 million tv money every year and finish 17th but with a bit of investment early on he could have won something/CL football.
Instead he brought in all his cronies to oversee things...Dennis Wise/Justin Barnes/Tony Jimenez/Keith Bishop/Derek Llambias etc etc and then got rid Kevin Keegan who wouldnt toe the line.He may well have learned from his previous mistakes at NUFC and could be a good owner for you but dont believe all the shite that he pumped 100s of millions into NUFC he just shuffled money form company A to B to C and back to A
He made alot of money from NUFC with so called low/interst free loans but made a handsome profit when he sold....the cheeky bastard even tried to ask for 10% holding in the deal but was quickly told £350M and fuck off.His parting gift was he sold land at south end of stadium for £3M a couple of years ago which means we cant expand stadium

fernandopartridge

It is mentioned in Gilbert’s tweet that the agreement CCFC has is a License, not a Lease. I believe we all understood it to be a Lease for which there are very specific rules of termination. A License can be terminated by the Licensor just because they fancy it.

Ironically it was the type of argument SISU put forward in 2012 to try and get out of the agreement with ACL, remember Fisher referring to problems with the "lease and license".

If it is the issue then, would you believe it, the club's current CEO has signed up to another deal which offers the club inadequate protection.

oldfiver

Yet when it was flagged up as a potential issue that Ashley would try and pull this kind of stunt it was dismissed as impossible

Why was the existing deal directly with Wasps and why would a new deal be directly with Frasers. Surely any deal to play at the stadium would be made with the stadium management company?

Simple fact is you don't start an eviction process because you're waiting on some paperwork

The information I have is - unless the original headlease has been forfeited and a new one granted all existing tenancies are unchanged

skybluetony176

Okay. If this is just a case of signing a new contract why does it have to be SISU signing it and not a director at the club? Surely Fisher should be signing it? Are SISU not giving him the go ahead as they only own 85% ,allegedly. Why isn’t King signing it or giving permission for Fisher to sign it? Are they hiding behind the EFL rubber stamping the alleged takeover?

Nick

Administrator
Thought the terms were the same?

Frasers Group have now presented to Coventry City a new agreement with new commercial terms, which have been presented to us without any dialogue or negotiations, and are less favourable to the Football Club. In addition, this licence would only run until May 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread