Eviction notice (4 Viewers)

CDK

You really couldn’t rule that possibility out.
That sums up my thoughts,also do sisu now move out again, negotiate,wait for kings takeover.All sorts of scenarios there in the meantime the staff,players and us fans have to deal with the fallout.Hate all this off field shit.

Reactions: KAB

Ashdown

Don't care about all that. It's done. Bottom line is there was no way that agreement was being signed pre-completion. To suggest otherwise is batshit.

You have Ashley and his cronies threatening to evict us with just days notice and there are clowns applauding this because the last 15 years blah blah
No one is applauding that possibility, it’s just let’s face it our current owners have form for being a bunch of lying cunts. I’d just like to know the truth because I’m not sure those statements are clear enough.
Surely SISU knew they would have to sign a new lease with the new owners. Surely everything gone before is null and void.
I cannot believe the council did not get in place a covenant of sorts on the sale of the new lease to protect CCFC but then we know what a shambles those morons are too.

Paul Anthony

This remind sme of the final scene in Zulu , where Michael Cane is shouting at the Zulus " what are you waiting for , COME ON !!!! " and the South African Boer says " Haven't you had enough, It's over were dead "

City fans to sisu 😂😂

So, if we break out in a rousing rendition of "Men of Harlech", it'll all be fine???

olderskyblue

But it's not a sublease, apparently, it's a license. If we'd all noticed that earlier, it seems we'd have all been having very different conversations!
Yeah, but at least it seems the frothing at the mouth has subsided mostly now… :LOL:

fernandopartridge

This place is making less sense by the day. Apparently, SISU are now to blame for not signing an agreement with a 3rd party before it even owned the place, when they had designs on owning it themselves and while a takeover of the club was being negotiated? Who the fuck does that?
The designs on owning it are no reason not to have signed the deal, it's amateurish to put your eggs in one basket like that

NorthernWisdom

They could have called in headlease for WASPs default
And then it turns out that we'd have had nowhere to play anyway, until the mess that made was sorted out (You'd hope that could be done quickly, but I suspect otherwise!), and the poor bondholders would have lost more cash, and the local authority would undoubtedly have had to engage in more court cases, with the need to set aside precious funds during a cost of living crisis.

Not sure that'd have played well.

shmmeee

They could have called in headlease for WASPs default

Could they? Word at the time was it wasn’t until ACL went into admin that they could and even that would open them up to legal action from the bondholders.

shmmeee

I maintain this is Storey’s fault, or Joys for ever entertaining the guy. If we had a serious owner in before November we could have tried to buy the ground.

shmmeee

The worrying thing is if he was even entertained as a prospective owner, then we really are financially in the shit.

Did the club ever confirm if the exclusivity deal was real? IIRC their statement didn’t deny it, just said they didn’t break it.

shepardo01

They couldn’t force SISU to sign the “mirrored” arrangement at gunpoint though. If SISU did decline that opportunity it’s on them.
How long was this "mirrored arrangement" for? Guessing it was just until the end of the season?

Also as someone else put it... how can you sign something from somebody that doesn't yet own any lease??

NorthernWisdom

Did the club ever confirm if the exclusivity deal was real? IIRC their statement didn’t deny it, just said they didn’t break it.
No they didn't. And tbf to the club / SISU(!) despite my flippant comment earlier, most things have been done behind closed doors until others have broken cover recently.

I mean, I wouldn't put it past Storey to have decided he'd been in an exclusivity period just by sending an email saying he wanted to buy us!

covcity4life

I always thought that council hater on Twitter clearly was ITK?

Hopefully he is right to tell us to be calm and duggins fucking off

shmmeee

No they didn't. And tbf to the club / SISU(!) despite my flippant comment earlier, most things have been done behind closed doors until others have broken cover recently.

I mean, I wouldn't put it past Storey to have decided he'd been in an exclusivity period just by sending an email saying he wanted to buy us!

Gilbert has said he’s seen documentation and confirmed from other sources that there was a £30m offer due to be completed by Nov 7th. It sounds a lot like they took him seriously. And Joy does have previous for treating nutters like serious people.

oldfiver

Could they? Word at the time was it wasn’t until ACL went into admin that they could and even that would open them up to legal action from the bondholders.
They were in default the moment they did not pay the debt, they then defaulted again by not paying interest and again when they gave the NOI

skybluetony176

The worrying thing is if he was even entertained as a prospective owner, then we really are financially in the shit.
When haven’t we been? I think it’s more a statement of SISU’s professionalism if they really did entertain Storey as a serious contender. Surely any half arsed due diligence on Storey would have dismissed him at the first instance, if they really did give him an exclusivity period they need their heads testing.

shmmeee

I always thought that council hater on Twitter clearly was ITK?

Hopefully he is right to tell us to be calm and duggins fucking off

Its Richard Heneghan, he’s spent the last few years complaining about bus lanes in the Observer and on Twitter. He’s a well known local weirdo.

Users who are viewing this thread