Everton (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

could be right in the soft and smelly stuff now :-

Breaking: Premier League refer Everton to an independent commission over alleged breach of Profitability & Sustainability rules (FFP) for period ending with the 2021/22 season. More
@TeleFootball
. #efc

4:23 pm · 24 Mar 2023

no_loyalty

Give them a points deduction, 9 points should be enough to see them relegated.

Danceswithhorses

There was certainly some odd accounting going on there in the covid period, when they tried to ditch some big losses, and blame it on covid...quite a few clubs were very suspicious, but there seemed to be no comeback...unless this is it.

David O'Day

Should shut Pep up about the nonsense that City are the only club they are coming after

fatso

A points deduction and relegation could see them end up in administration and even more points being docked. They are already in deep trouble financially.

Ironically, even if they stay up and don't get points docked, the football league could get sued by the 3 teams that go down, for not applying a sanction.

It should be an interesting story to follow.

slowpoke

I read Everton have a “number” I repeat a number of players on £100k+ a WEEK, plus a new ground to pay for, some of their fans seem to think going down will be just a blip and they’ll go straight back up, probably thinking Burnley, think they are in for a big shock.

Last edited:

fernandopartridge

I read Everton have a “number” I repeat a number of players on £100k+ a WEEK, plus a new ground to pay for, some of their fans seem to think going down will be just a blip and they’ll go straight back up, probably thinking Burnley, think they are in for a big shock.
To be fair the Everton fan i know expects them to go down and expects them to end up "like Sheffield Wednesday".

Sadly, I now think they'll be safe for another 12 months

slowpoke

I agree, and think they have enough in the tank to wriggle out of the drop, unless they get a point deduction that is, will be interesting.
Another possible problem for Everton and maybe others is the government have announced they are appointing an independent regulator for football might not seem much but I doubt he/she will just be a box ticker there are lots of clubs in the pro game right to the top of the premier league amassed massive debts despite earning shed loads of tv money etc.

Last edited:

CV22SBA

3 players on 125K a week (Doucouré, Iowbi & Mina)
4 players on 100K a week (Pickford, Calvert-Lewin, Onana & Tarkowski)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

2bh if Dyche is kept on I expect them to go back up comfortably.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I agree, and think they have enough in the tank to wriggle out of the drop, unless they get a point deduction that is, will be interesting.
Another possible problem for Everton and maybe others is the government have announced they are appointing an independent regulator for football might not seem much but I doubt he/she will just be a box ticker there are lots of clubs in the pro game right to the top of the premier league amassed massive debts despite earning shed loads of tv money etc.
I have a feeling that any investigation won't be completed in time for any penalties to be applied this season. Especially with a right of appeal.

steve cooper

I'm amazed how tight it is, Palace in 12th are only 3 points above the relegation zone, having played 2 games more than West Ham with an inferior goal difference.
Wolves & Everton are in a similar position.

ccfctommy

I kind of like Everton. Not sure why. Maybe it's because they are in the shadow of Liverpool and it's the first away ground I saw us play at.

But yeah, a club like that paying 100k a week for average players. They have wasted an obscene amount of money.

Users who are viewing this thread