Even though it's expected (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

you never know how hard it's going to hit you.
Get rid if you wish Nick as not really CCFC related, but I've lost my best mate today, lost his fight
Today at 5pm aged 59 he often accompanied me home and away with Coventry.
Chirpy little Newcastle born, Sunderland leaning, Coventry fan who always knew how to brighten
My day. RIP Alby xx

Brylowes

Thanks guys, been coming for a while, in fact been saying for the last 3 weeks they've
Been cruel by not helping him on his way,only to find myself now in bits,
His eldest daughter was married last Thursday, he lived for his girls and I know he would
Have walked over hot coals to walk her down the aisle.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Thanks guys, been coming for a while, in fact been saying for the last 3 weeks they've
His eldest daughter was married last Thursday, he lived for his girls and I know he would
Sad news Brylowes , my condolences .

Perryccfc

Ah shit Brian horrible news. Sorry mate. Someone I've known pretty much all my life, and despite his inability to speak, could still make everyone in the pub piss themselves laughing. RIP Alby, top bloke.

StevieM

Good mates are hard to come by, sounds like Alby had found one in you Bry?
Try to focus on the good times and laughs that you had, that will help you through the sad times now.

Otis

Really sorry to hear this. Was it a long term illness, or was it something that all came upon him rather quick? I know you are saying it's been coming for a while, but I hope he didn't suffer too much.

Hope you had enough time to reminisce together and remember all the good times and I hope you had time to express how much you meant to each other.

Try and focus on the good times and all the fond memories you have of him and hopefully that can bring some little smiles and feelings of great warmth amongst all the tears and sadness.

RIP. I am sure he will never, ever be forgotten.

I'm glad you feel you can talk about it on here.

Best wishes, Brylowes.

standupforcity

Sad news...always good to have a solid mate to go to matches with. Maybe he can have a word with someone upstairs and change our fortunes. Agree with Otis, good you feel you can share this with us....thanks.

Brylowes

Really sorry to hear this. Was it a long term illness, or was it something that all came upon him rather quick? I know you are saying it's been coming for a while, but I hope he didn't suffer too much.

Hope you had enough time to reminisce together and remember all the good times and I hope you had time to express how much you meant to each other.

Try and focus on the good times and all the fond memories you have of him and hopefully that can bring some little smiles and feelings of great warmth amongst all the tears and sadness.

RIP. I am sure he will never, ever be forgotten.

I'm glad you feel you can talk about it on here.

Best wishes, Brylowes.
Cheers Otis. Started 7 years ago when he was diagnosed with throat cancer and underwent Very
invasive surgery, this resulted in him being cancer free but without a voice.
This was particularly cruel as he was a cheeky little geordie who's main attributes were his humour
And razor sharp wit, often having people rolling in the aisles.
Complications following surgery meant he was unable to have one of those false voice box gadgets.

Although he never moaned, he became more isolated and started to drink heavily, his way of coping
I guess, 4 years ago he became a grandad and this seemed to give him a new sense of being.
3 years ago he started to have epileptic fits and his body just slowly started to break down, his last
11 weeks were spent in hospital.

I'd had a couple of stiff drinks with family last night and was feeling quite low, it was good to be able
To come on here and vent off a little, the kind words of comfort received certainly helped.
So thanks folks :)

bawtryneal

You have me in tears at work today Brylowes. I lost my wife to cancer 10 years ago and the worst part of the whole story was the impact on two young girls.
Stay strong for his family and granddaughter and remember the good times always. Time will heal.
PUSB and lets hope they win on Saturday for your mate Alby.
Hopefully the club and/or players will read this and put in a special effort and dedicate a win in Albys memory.

Otis

Cheers Otis. Started 7 years ago when he was diagnosed with throat cancer and underwent Very
invasive surgery, this resulted in him being cancer free but without a voice.
This was particularly cruel as he was a cheeky little geordie who's main attributes were his humour
And razor sharp wit, often having people rolling in the aisles.
Complications following surgery meant he was unable to have one of those false voice box gadgets.

Although he never moaned, he became more isolated and started to drink heavily, his way of coping
I guess, 4 years ago he became a grandad and this seemed to give him a new sense of being.
3 years ago he started to have epileptic fits and his body just slowly started to break down, his last
11 weeks were spent in hospital.

I'd had a couple of stiff drinks with family last night and was feeling quite low, it was good to be able
To come on here and vent off a little, the kind words of comfort received certainly helped.
So thanks folks :)

You are welcome. Hopefully beyond the sadness you can find little moments of joy from the memories you hold of him.

clint van damme

Bless u mate, hope you and all are ok. my brother was diagnosed with a brain tumour 2 years ago took his own life 47 ... Some things we should never have to go through

Sorry for your loss as well Robbie.

Sad thread but should perhaps remind us all to employ a bit of perspective some times when we're moaning about trivial nonsense as if it's the end of the world.

Chipfat

Brings a lot into perspective when you read these posts, great family and friends are so important and other than time they are the most precious thing we possess. Everything else is just noise and distraction. Most of us do not value time and only think deeply or ponder on memories of individuals when things like this happen. Sadly all of us will feel or create this pain at some point in our time.

Thoughts are with all those who have lost great friends and family. Hope time brings you all peace Bry,Robbie, neal and any others on here , no matter of opinion who have lost.....

Last edited:

Bob Latchford

you never know how hard it's going to hit you.
Get rid if you wish Nick as not really CCFC related, but I've lost my best mate today, lost his fight
Today at 5pm aged 59 he often accompanied me home and away with Coventry.
Chirpy little Newcastle born, Sunderland leaning, Coventry fan who always knew how to brighten
My day. RIP Alby xx
Condolences Bry . R.I.P Sir . best wishes to his family .

Hobo

There is no contract with life. Once we are born we are old enough to die. Celebrate your friends life, cherish the memories, and value your own existence. We are here for such a short spell. If we can learn to treat each day like it might be our last, it is actually quite liberating and evaporates some of our anxieties.

Users who are viewing this thread