Even If! (1 Viewer)

RFC

For the many who don't beleive a new stadium will ever be built now's the time to have a re-think and consider all possibilities.

CCC win the JR, what will they do next?

CCC lose the JR, where will that leave them?

Our owners win, will they try and negotiate a deal for the Ricoh, even on a very long lease if the club have access to ALL revenues (FIFA FP, Gross Incomes) or just push ahead with a new stadium?

Two sites exist, contrary to what is believed and one is only 7 miles from the Council House!

If things go the way some of the experts are predicting, will CCC be forced into demolishing the Ricoh?

Our Club need a 'Community Stadium' similar to MK Dons & The Amex and whatever the outcome, the thinking and future need to change ideally embracing not just the ground but possibly the academy & training facilities in line with more progressive European clubs.

Whilst we all agree it's a huge mess and we need to be back in Coventry, on what terms? The model the club has been forced to work with for almost 10 years just doesn't and never ever will work under the current FIFA rules. We have to move on and move forward, for better or for worse.

Whatever your opinion the most important thing is the future of the club I've followed and support for all my life.

RFC

Negative from the outset, what's wrong with that? Since the JH days we've trained at Ryton ( not under CCC duristiction ), never been anything wrong with that.

We have to move on and look and build for the future!

skybluesam66

ive just checked - i live 7 miles from the council house.
Best get the jumpers down at each end of the garden (may be a little tight)

wingy

MK Dons and the AMEX ,more like Shrewsburys .

Thou doth Protesteth too much ,we've all supported them for all our F***ing lives.

RPHunt

Our Club need a 'Community Stadium' similar to MK Dons & The Amex ....

I agree, but what is needed first are owners who (a) give a damn about the community and (b) can afford to build such facilities.

EDIT: I can't believe I just replied to a post by RFC, I thought I had him on ignore!

Last edited:

Grendel

I agree, but what is needed first are owners who (a) give a damn about the community and (b) can afford to build such facilities.

The stadium isn't happening RFC we all know it.

RFC

The stadium isn't happening RFC we all know it.

It may or may not happen but you don't know one way or the other.

If it's not happening why so many 'big hitters' involved? Architects and Land Aquisition companies, for fun!

Chez78

If it's not happening why so many 'big hitters' involved? Architects and Land Aquisition companies, for fun!

And just what have we seen from these big hitters so far, no land purchased, an artist impression of a stadium, a stadium group made up of "super fans".

Where are the plans from the club on how all this will be financed without crippling the club with even more debt?

The serious questions are just avoided by everyone at the club, all the "big hitters" have been appointed as a smoke screen to tick a box with the FA that's all.

Kingokings204

I repeat the new stadium isn't happening. We all know as a fact. Something will give from and after the JR. We have to wait what it will be.

Last edited:

Grendel

There are involved as you well know so that the club can satisfy the Football League.

It will not be built because it has no financial viability. It will be the biggest loss making stadium in the uk. Very few fans will go.

wingy

Sure they'll all be joining the other Creditors when the next stunt happens .

How long have you been coming on here Insulting our Intelligence now ? I wager it won't be as long as the owners have before the whole sham Is over.

Chez78

You do realise that a seven mile radius from the centre of Coventry can actually get you to kenilworth, the edge of Cubbington and many other places outside of Coventry. Only 7 miles good PR talk well done.

RFC

A lot of you need to grow up and try to understand how business and investment work, for a return on their investment.

I don't do pr I do reality and even if we go back to the the Ricoh, I'd suggest that the capacity will be reduced.

Facts will explain why!

wingy

Negative from the outset, what's wrong with that? Since the JH days we've trained at Ryton ( not under CCC duristiction ), never been anything wrong with that.

We have to move on and look and build for the future!

"Jurisdiction"

Kingokings204

A lot of you need to grow up and try to understand how business and investment work, for a return on their investment.

I don't do pr I do reality and even if we go back to the the Ricoh, I'd suggest that the capacity will be reduced.

Facts will explain why!

Why and how do you know this? Have you got any links?

Also I am not an expert but it's seems for a stadium to be an investment and to work it would actually need fans to turn up and not be treated with such contempt.

RFC

Why and how do you know this? Have you got any links?

Also I am not an expert but it's seems for a stadium to be an investment and to work it would actually need fans to turn up and not be treated with such contempt.

If you don't turn up, your cutting off you nose to spite your face.

Your decision but God permitting I'll be there with my friends & family.

Support the Manager & the Team, no one else, always have done, always will do. PUSB!

dongonzalos

RFC do you think decisions by SISU throughout this sorry affair have contributed to the council making the decision they made to support ACL?

J

Jack Griffin

I used to work for a Civil Engineering consultancy, they did preliminary work on far more schemes than actually got built, something like 4 or 5 proposals to every one that actually went past the proposal stage, but it was all bread & butter.

Facts will explain why!

So, just out of interest, what business & investment experience do you have?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chez78

Facts will explain why!

Go on then let's have these Facts that you're so privileged to know, can you genuinely not see the problem with the club choosing to only keep certain "fans" in the picture. The club has huge potential fan base wise but successive boards seem to have gone out of their way to push fans away instead of drawing them in (not just Sisu).

But just for once RFC back up some of your talk with these actual facts that you know and how you know them otherwise stop appealing for everyone to understand our owners views when they do so little to care about ours.

shy_tall_knight

The best place for the stadium is Coventry. The best not just the most convenient for me but best because the nearer to the population where we expect to draw most of our support makes good business sense. If you are looking for external investment into this project any basic feasibility study would say Coventry. 7 miles from the Council house is not Coventry and can be over 10 miles from other parts of Coventry.

RFC the new stadium won't happen
unlikely to be sufficiently supported by cov fans if not in Coventry
local council support in warwickshire may not be there, plenty of objections from local residents
club is drifting backwards and may see a few more relegations putting further doubt on the project

J

Jack Griffin

No one is actually going to risk the finance on building a new stadium when a large percentage of its potential customers are saying they don't want it & may not ever go even if it is built.

Kingokings204

No one is actually going to risk the finance on building a new stadium when a large percentage of its potential customers are saying they don't want it & may not ever go even if it is built.

You would like to think this is just simple common sense and why people even persist with talking about a stadium is beyond me.

Paxman II

I'm not suggesting they will or won't but if they did build a 15k capacity stadium within the Coventry conurbation with easy transport links then the support for our club would be back immediately, provided it was still our Sky Blues and fighting to get back up the league.

If we returned to the Ricoh next season (still with SISU at the helm) I bet the opening day would be a near record attendance!

simple_simon

For the many who don't beleive a new stadium will ever be built now's the time to have a re-think and consider all possibilities.

Our owners win, will they try and negotiate a deal for the Ricoh, even on a very long lease if the club have access to ALL revenues (FIFA FP, Gross Incomes) or just push ahead with a new stadium?

Two sites exist, contrary to what is believed and one is only 7 miles from the Council House!

If things go the way some of the experts are predicting, will CCC be forced into demolishing the Ricoh?

Our Club need a 'Community Stadium' similar to MK Dons & The Amex and whatever the outcome, the thinking and future need to change ideally embracing not just the ground but possibly the academy & training facilities in line with more progressive European clubs.

Whilst we all agree it's a huge mess and we need to be back in Coventry, on what terms? The model the club has been forced to work with for almost 10 years just doesn't and never ever will work under the current FIFA rules. We have to move on and move forward, for better or for worse.

Whatever your opinion the most important thing is the future of the club I've followed and support for all my life.

RFC, you do seem to know more than most, if you were a genuine fan you would share the information you have with the rest of us?
I think you just get free tickets to Sixfields and probably never go to away games as you might have to mix with genuine supporters.

simple_simon

I'm not suggesting they will or won't but if they did build a 15k capacity stadium within the Coventry conurbation with easy transport links then the support for our club would be back immediately, provided it was still our Sky Blues and fighting to get back up the league.

If we returned to the Ricoh next season (still with SISU at the helm) I bet the opening day would be a near record attendance!

I do not agree Paxman, I think if they build a new stadium outside the City its a genuine reason for the vast majority to give up on the club. I know I will.

Agree with your comment about the Ricoh though.

olderskyblue

RFC certainly knows a lot about CCFC. Or pretends to......

cloughie

s go the way some of the eIf thingxperts are predicting, will CCC be forced into demolishing the Ricoh?

hilarious post highlighted by the the bold above

Hobo

You pose questions at start what if so n so wins the JR?
Well it's not just about winning it is about what ruling comes out of it. That decision is a long way off so are you asking people to guess?

Experts predict CCC forced to knock Ricoh down? Who are these experts and why?

I Don't think you have a clue what a JR is about quite frankly.
Everyone knows SISU are buying time for the JR and have no intention of building a new stadium because it is not viable and they do not have the financial backing in place. They can't have because they haven't got a site, nobody would commit themselves without a site as you cannot cost and asses it's commercial potential.

Users who are viewing this thread