Even Bon Jovi are mocking us now.... (2 Viewers)

Grendel

chiefdave

Actually I’ve checked 10 and none are sold out
This tour? The one that hasn't been advertised anywhere but their social media and only went on sale last Friday?

44835434_10155990868726089_764165713790238720_n.png

As I've mentioned several times on this thread they alternate new album / hits arena tours with tours of smaller venues playing catalogue tracks to the hardcore fans. Don't see that as a bad thing myself. The casuals who go to arenas or see them with Bon Jovi would not be happy if they played a load of album cuts and b-sides from years ago.

BTW this isn't the first time they've supported Bon Jovi

51igzcCAugL._SY316_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Billy Idol was awful, had decided to become some sort of weird electronic act at that point.

Reactions: vow

Grendel

This tour? The one that hasn't been advertised anywhere but their social media and only went on sale last Friday?

View attachment 10854

As I've mentioned several times on this thread they alternate new album / hits arena tours with tours of smaller venues playing catalogue tracks to the hardcore fans. Don't see that as a bad thing myself. The casuals who go to arenas or see them with Bon Jovi would not be happy if they played a load of album cuts and b-sides from years ago.

BTW this isn't the first time they've supported Bon Jovi

View attachment 10855

Billy Idol was awful, had decided to become some sort of weird electronic act at that point.

Hardcore fans at £70 a shot? Right.

Grendel

The Manics peaked in the late 90's.

It shows how society has changed. In some write up they were presented as bad boys of rock. Years ago they’d be laughed at as a namby pamby pop band with as much edge as a circle

Otis

Perhaps you’d like to explain why the mediocre band from Wales are performing this latest tour in a series of small venues - none that I’ve checked are sold out?
Geez, you don't half go to some lengths in order to try and prove a point. You did the same with Editors.

I have to say I find it all a little sad and pathetic for you to go and check the ticket sales of bands at lots of venues they are playing at, that you really don't like one bit.

Last edited:

Skybluefaz

I really don’t know which ticket agent you are booking through but I’ve just gone through the whole boring process of ordering a ticket and guess what - it gave me a purchase option
That's from the corn exchange website. A pretty valid source. You can stick with the magical make believe world that is Grendel-land.

covmark

Fuck me, some of you could have a row in an empty room.
Its one thing arguing about the ins and outs of the Ricoh sale, but arguing about whether some half arsed rock band is selling out the fucking Cambridge cornbowl or whatever it's called.
Jesus.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

To be fair I think I only know one or two singles, but based on that I found them incredibly twee.

Can't say I hate them. Just found it sort of washed over me.

mark82

The Manics were caught up in the mid to late 90's indie scene and flopped.

I'm not sure they flopped. They sold quite well at the time and I'm sure their bank accounts aren't in too bad a position.

I don't mind the Manics, wouldn't list them amongst my favourite bands but nothing too horrendous.

Reactions: vow

usskyblue

Early Marillion; ‘Script of a Jester’s Tear’ and ‘Fugazi’ were decent. What came after was largely mainstream shit.

luwalla

That’s the great thing about music , subjective and all down to personal taste.

I wouldn’t pay to go and see the stones or Adele ( or Bon jovi o Bruce Springsteen. For that matter ) , while other a would pay thousands for tickets. I’d happily pay to go and see U2 or the killers and others think they are utter shite!

Accept it and move on....

ccfcway

I wouldn’t pay to go and see the stones or Adele ( or Bon jovi o Bruce Springsteen. For that matter ) , while other a would pay thousands for tickets. I’d happily pay to go and see U2 or the killers and others think they are utter shite!

is that any different for people who think Biamou is better than JCH or that Robins should go because he doenst make subs early enough ?

surely its the same, an opinion.....

fellatio_Martinez

U2 and The Killers are shit though.

letsallsingtogether

Don't care what any of you think have got our 5 tickets and looking forward to it.
Whole family going, just like at Wembley.:)

letsallsingtogether

I would just be surprised if there are many Manic AND Bon Jovi fans.
Difference is Music fans turn up in droves everytime for their favorite bands play.
So called City fans only turn up for Wembley.;)

Users who are viewing this thread