JimmyHillsbeard

Feb 21, 2013
Son of ex Cov youth defender Barry Ferguson. His mum is English. His parents met in Cov.

Apparently much of the Irish media is concerned that he could still be poached by England before he plays a fourth senior international game for the Republic of Ireland.

Reactions: no_loyalty

JimmyHillsbeard

Feb 21, 2013
Irish accent , born in Ireland , footballer dad Irish.. just can't see it

Me neither but as I say much of the Irish media (still sore about losing Rice and Grealish who they thought had chosen Ireland) making it a story ahead of the next internationals. Apparently the convention is he can swap if he plays no more than 3 times for the senior squad.

I suspect it’s a storm in a teacup and it won’t be a possibility after this international break but I was amused to find a Cov connection.

Reactions: Evo1883

Sick Boy

Sep 29, 2008
Verona, Italy
Son of ex Cov youth defender Barry Ferguson. His mum is English. His parents met in Cov.

Apparently much of the Irish media is concerned that he could still be poached by England before he plays a fourth senior international game for the Republic of Ireland.
He’s already played more than 4, I think. Regardless, there’s zero chance of him switching.

rob9872

Mar 21, 2011
He’s already played more than 4, I think. Regardless, there’s zero chance of him switching.
He can be the new excuse as to why we don't win anything for the next 20 years 'yeah but we had a problem on the left & if Giggs had chosen England' ...

Terry_dactyl

Sep 26, 2017
Should be made to play for the city his parents met in first and foremost.
Did his dad play 4 games for the city?

I’ve seen Barry Ferguson named a couple of times on here. I don’t remember him. on both occasions on seeing his name I’m surprised, thinking that at some stage we had his more famous name sake on our books.

fernandopartridge

Dec 9, 2011
Glad for the Republic that it appears they've finally produced another top class player

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sick Boy

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
I'm surprised the Callum O'Hare cant play for Ireland

jimmyhillsfanclub

May 31, 2012
here
The relation he has is too far back to be eligible, Ireland have already inquired

so a little stricter than back in Jack Charltons reign then?

Have you ever had a pint of Guinness or enjoyed an episode of Father Ted? Great, you're in....

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mar 20, 2011
so a little stricter than back in Jack Charltons reign then?

Have you ever had a pint of Guinness or enjoyed an episode of Father Ted? Great, you're in....
Tony O'Cascerin

Governmac

May 25, 2012
I always thought a player could swap as long as he hadn't played a competitive game?

Players can now switch if they have played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior to them turning 21.

Reactions: JulianDarbyFTW

JulianDarbyFTW

Aug 3, 2011
Players can now switch if they have played no more than three competitive matches at senior level prior to them turning 21.

Interesting, thanks. Every day's a school day. But not sure I like that rule really, as it probably only helps the 'bigger' countries.

Reactions: Sky_Blue_Dreamer

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

May 27, 2016
The Cayman Islands.
He can be the new excuse as to why we don't win anything for the next 20 years 'yeah but we had a problem on the left & if Giggs had chosen England' ...

Yeah but we have Marcus Rashford playing for England. 😂😂😂

Rugby Sky Blue

Jul 26, 2020
Saw an interview with him on RTE a few months back and he was asked the question and he laughed and said no chance I am Irish and my Dad wouldn’t speak to me again.

no_loyalty

Feb 24, 2015
Man City already showing interest in him allegedly.

Users who are viewing this thread