European Super League (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
So, there is talk of a Super League being brought in. If that is the case, who would you have in this league? Also would you have a 2nd Div?

LEAGUE 1
MANCHESTER UNITED
ARSENAL
CHELSEA
LIVERPOOL
BARCELONA
REAL MADRID
BAYEN MUNICH
INTER MILAN
AC MILAN
JUVENTUS
SHAKTAR DONETSK
PORTO
LYON
GALATASARY
AJAX
OLYMPIAKOS
ZENIT ST PETERSBURG
CELTIC

Basing this on the fact that recognised European Leagues where possible have to be represented. (therefore, i am not saying Olympiakos are bigger than Man City, but they need to be in and England are covered) There will be a 2nd Div, made up of the likes of Man City, Rangers, Valencia, Roma Werder Bremen etc

Very hard to put in and leave out.
Before "the Hun" lovers slate my Celtic one, they are current Scottish Champions and previous winners. In truth Celtic and Rangers may need to start in Div 2.

Tad

Can't see it working financially. A lot of traveling for players and fans. Costs would be horrendous.

The Penguin

Call me cynical, but I would see such a league as purely a grab for TV and commercial rights cash, spectators be damned.

Nick

Administrator
Don't they talk about this every couple of years anyway?

Don't they already have one of those competitions for the top clubs in Europe, the champions league?

Yorkshire SB

I would love to see it, would be such a spectacle, each side would be incredibly strong. So many drawbacks though, so always unlikely.

AngryAnt

Hate the idea, as i posted in another thread, the guy who's making all this talk is an idiot.

If they want to do it, let them go.. They'll soon go crawling back to their domestic leagues when they find out they can't win everything all the time and the fans have left.
Its something for the armchair supporter and if thats the way this sports wants to go, then their welcome to em.

Users who are viewing this thread