Europa League (1 Viewer)

hill83

Right. I don’t normally start threads.

But with the teams left in the FA cup and premier league results pending.

Can we default Europa League even if we lose at Wembley now?

Evo1883

Yes sadly have to win the cup .. real shame tbh

Nick

Administrator
There are two Europa League places up for grabs. One belongs to the highest-placed finisher not in the Champions League. The other goes to the winners of the FA Cup. Both enter at the group stage.

What happens if the other 3 in the semis are in the champions League and Europa League?

no_loyalty

Previously we would have, but the FA changed it to an additional PL team.

hill83

There are two Europa League places up for grabs. One belongs to the highest-placed finisher not in the Champions League. The other goes to the winners of the FA Cup. Both enter at the group stage.

What happens if the other 3 in the semis are in the champions League and Europa League?

Yeah that was my point. But answered above

Nick

Administrator
What if the fa cup winners are in the champions League? Do they just give it to the next placed premier League team?

Brighton Sky Blue

skybluetony176

Don’t think we have to win it to qualify for European football, just be in the final against a team who already has other European commitments. Millwall played in the UAFA cup after losing to Man U in the 2004 FA cup final because Man U had already qualified for the champions league. Unless there’s been a major rule change since then.

Blind-Faith

Don’t think we have to win it to qualify for European football, just be in the final against a team who already has other European commitments. Millwall played in the UAFA cup after losing to Man U in the 2004 FA cup final because Man U had already qualified for the champions league. Unless there’s been a major rule change since then.
Unfortunately, I think the rules have changed. I was under the same thinking aswell, dreaming of Sevilla away on a Wednesday night 😂

Brighton Sky Blue

Can tell you don’t visit the football threads much

Grendel

Go back off topic Tony it’s a safer space

Users who are viewing this thread